Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Economics..is it harder than their Accounting?
Straighterline Accounting, I passed by a miracle. It was rough and torture..

I would like to hear of people's experience with taking their two Economics classes?

Is it as difficult as the Accounting classes?

Fill me in on what to expect....Thanks : )
Hi All, Happy New Year!

I would appreciate any info on this as well. I actually just signed up yesterday. But as I'm working on studying for 2 cleps and a dantes next week do not have the time to start. I did sign in and took a look at the course material. Looks like 2 quizzes and 1 exam per chapter. Did see they allow a nice block of time for the exam. Big Grin Also Jenifer is no longer the course advisor, its now Andrew. There was a buy out and Jenifer chose to go with smartthinking. I understand the company was purchased by the creator of straighterline. I was told all courses and material will remain the same, nothing has changed. I don't plan to waste time on this, will complete this course and eco II within the month.

Can anyone answer if the two chapter quizzes are also required??

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Yes, you have to do all of the quizzes in order to pass....

I skipped the assignments, read a chapter, did a quiz, repeat until done.

It was ROUGH beyong rough, for the Accounting. If I had it to do over, would have done it elsewhere, and saved myself the headache......Straigherline is the abode of the unfortunate, lol : )
I'm sorry I want to make sure you understood what I meant. There are 2 quizzes and 1 exam per chapter. I was initially told there were 19 quizzes only (1 per chapter). Now it seems as if it will be triple the amount (57).

Anyone?

Journeyk9 Wrote:Yes, you have to do all of the quizzes in order to pass....

I skipped the assignments, read a chapter, did a quiz, repeat until done.

It was ROUGH beyong rough, for the Accounting. If I had it to do over, would have done it elsewhere, and saved myself the headache......Straigherline is the abode of the unfortunate, lol : )

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
here is a link to the Micro syllabus for Straighterline, it clearly breaks down the requirements for each module. It appears there are 24 graded exams.
Online College Courses Distance Learning Courses

Unfortunately the their Macro syllabus is not as detailed, as it does not break down the points by module.

Online College Courses Distance Learning Courses

In regards to quizzes for Micro & Macro it lists this ( source above links)
Important Terms

In this course, different terms are used to designate tasks:

* Exercise: A non-graded quiz to assist you in practicing the skills discussed in a topic.
* Exam: A graded online test.
Hi Peace,

Yes, this is the same information I had. It was supposed to be 19 graded exams for Macro and 24 for Micro. ...the only problem is it seems as if it may have changed. I will give the new advisor a call in the am to discuss the requirements. Was just hoping someone who took the course could confirm if the chapter quizzes were optional.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Edit to add -

Taken from the December 17, 2009 Macroeconomics syllabus I printed:

Course Evaluation Criteria
The graded exams for Topics 1-19 are worth 60 points each. The maximum a student can earn in the course is 1,140 points. At the end of the course, each student will receive the number of points earned. The student's final letter grade is determined by the corresponding institution's grading scale.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
Hi,

I started Macro in September, finished in December (my busiest time of year at work). I did not take Accounting so can't compare. Be prepared for plenty of typos (as in 200/5=4) and ???! moments. I'm not surprised Jenifer chose a different route; there was probably plenty of flak about the course content.

At that time it was 19 tests of 40 questions each for a total of 760 points. The two quizzes are ten questions each and can be repeated. The two quizzes for each chapter took just a few minutes, but I didn't try to skip them. The 40-question exams allow two hours. I usually finished in less than 30 minutes.

Geezer was kind enough to share this study guide with me:

Macroeconomics

and I found the three chapter quizzes there VERY useful.

My routine was to read the chapter, take a few notes if necessary, do the quizzes in the study guide and then the two quizzes at SL, and finally do the test, usually all within a 24-hour period. Econ is an interest of mine, so it was a matter of fine tuning the details rather than learning the concepts. The course is going to my ACE transcript.

I'm still debating about whether to tackle Micro now that I'm in the swing of things. In any case, good luck with it, and hope this helps--Happy New Year to all!
Sandy

TESC, AAS in Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies, 2012
TESC, BA Plain Vanilla Liberal Studies, 2012 Smile
Sandraeli,

Thank You!! TESC will only issue equiv credit (no grade) so I also plan to have the course entered on my ACE transcript.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
bricabrac Wrote:Hi Peace,

Taken from the December 17, 2009 Macroeconomics syllabus I printed:

Course Evaluation Criteria
The graded exams for Topics 1-19 are worth 60 points each. The maximum a student can earn in the course is 1,140 points. At the end of the course, each student will receive the number of points earned. The student's final letter grade is determined by the corresponding institution's grading scale.

Thanks for that info, Straighterline should update their website syllabus as it states 760 points
peace123 Wrote:Thanks for that info, Straighterline should update their website syllabus as it states 760 points

Peace,

I wonder if this is why they removed it from the website. Guess do to the restructure some things are changing. Hopefully nothing major until I can get my two courses completed! Big Grin

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,628 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Real? OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance David1477 1 476 06-20-2024, 01:53 AM
Last Post: OtterDen
  CPA prep course + 30 hours of Accounting credit for $2,970 freeloader 6 727 05-31-2024, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  I think I was just looking for a easy way out, but sometimes easier is harder elcastor21 1 453 09-07-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 988 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 891 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,260 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 1,001 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Need 12 Accounting Credits... TallC 6 1,459 08-17-2021, 01:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 4,051 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner