Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor---Easy???
Hi,

I was just looking into SAYLOR.

Does anybody have any opinions on their courses?

Which courses has anyone found easy?

They sure are pretty cheap!

THANK YOU!!!!
I wouldn't necessarily say that they are easy. In fact, at least a few years ago, there appeared to be some issues with discrepancies between notes, text, and the exams. However, they are generally affordable and achievable. It is important to do your research on each subject and how well it aligns with the final exam. However, please note that my personal experience is from many years ago, so it would be beneficial to seek out more current information from other sources.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kab's post:
  • Guttation, jch, midnite123
(03-01-2023, 04:21 AM)Kab Wrote: I wouldn't necessarily say that they are easy. In fact, at least a few years ago, there appeared to be some issues with discrepancies between notes, text, and the exams. However, they are generally affordable and achievable. It is important to do your research on each subject and how well it aligns with the final exam. However, please note that my personal experience is from many years ago, so it would be beneficial to seek out more current information from other sources.

Thank You!!!
Not that long ago, Saylor exams were $25 each and were through ProctorU. The lack of alignment between course and exam, combined with ProctorU, meant that students often reported taking the exam 3 times (the maximum allowed) and still not getting credit. Since most of the courses were also available on Study.com and those could generally be passed the first time for $70/$100 each, it often didn't make sense to try to "save money" by taking Saylor courses.

Now, Saylor has a different proctor and each exam costs $5. If you take an exam multiple times and still don't pass, you've only "wasted" $15. Let's say that you have 4 exams that you want to take on Saylor now. And let's further assume that, for whatever reason, you're only able to pass one of the exams after exhausting all of your attempts (unlikely, but it could happen). You've effectively paid $60 for 3 credits (one course). As disappointing as it might be to have only passed 1/4th of your desired courses, that's still saving compared to taking that class at Study.com. Not a huge savings, but a savings nonetheless.

We don't have a lot of data right now, but the pass rate does seem to be better these days than it used to be. I think it was MrPanda who has taken, and passed, several Saylor without any reports of issues.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 6 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • davewill, jch, midnite123, origamishuttle, TwinMom, Vle045
(03-01-2023, 05:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Not that long ago, Saylor exams were $25 each and were through ProctorU. The lack of alignment between course and exam, combined with ProctorU, meant that students often reported taking the exam 3 times (the maximum allowed) and still not getting credit. Since most of the courses were also available on Study.com and those could generally be passed the first time for $70/$100 each, it often didn't make sense to try to "save money" by taking Saylor courses.

Now, Saylor has a different proctor and each exam costs $5. If you take an exam multiple times and still don't pass, you've only "wasted" $15. Let's say that you have 4 exams that you want to take on Saylor now. And let's further assume that, for whatever reason, you're only able to pass one of the exams after exhausting all of your attempts (unlikely, but it could happen). You've effectively paid $60 for 3 credits (one course). As disappointing as it might be to have only passed 1/4th of your desired courses, that's still saving compared to taking that class at Study.com. Not a huge savings, but a savings nonetheless.

We don't have a lot of data right now, but the pass rate does seem to be better these days than it used to be. I think it was MrPanda who has taken, and passed, several Saylor without any reports of issues.
I appreciate the GREAT info!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes midnite123's post:
  • Vle045
Yes. I have passed many exams and I'll keep taking them.

But check every content at least once. Even the videos come up in the exams.

Even thinking that I know all the material, I could end getting 74 or 75.

And you also could get a few questions with no apparent good answer or more than one correct answer.

No problems with proctoring.
[-] The following 4 users Like MrPanda's post:
  • LevelUP, origamishuttle, rachel83az, withrown
They are using the SmarterProctoring extension in Chrome.
(03-04-2023, 01:46 AM)MrPanda Wrote: They are using the SmarterProctoring extension in Chrome.

What is that?
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
An extension that in addition to controlling the webcam, also makes you share the tab you are using in the browser (like in Zoom, when you share a tab), plus locks it for you, so you can´t move to another place.
For $5/exam, they're a steal for courses that aren't offered at Sophia.org/Study.com or StraighterLine. If you need more lower level credits and don't mind NCCRS (for transfer into Excelsior/TESU), another option is Onlinedegree.com which is affordable at $9/exam.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 11 3,258 09-10-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 882 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 920 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Op Eds - I Vote on Plagiarism Cases at Harvard College. Gay’s Getting off Easy. posabsolute 0 437 12-31-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: posabsolute
  I think I was just looking for a easy way out, but sometimes easier is harder elcastor21 1 460 09-07-2023, 06:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is a school "too easy"? Vle045 16 2,112 04-01-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Any database or easy way to tell which online programs are run by OPMs? studyingfortests 3 784 06-15-2022, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Saylor Proctoring $5 for all classes now! bjcheung77 18 3,155 03-16-2022, 06:33 AM
Last Post: carrythenothing
Smile Easy 2 credit course? jubejuju 2 929 02-18-2021, 09:03 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CUNY SPS and Saylor lawqueen04 3 1,602 10-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Last Post: davewill