Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL Am. Gov't Final - Open or Closed Book
I am finding conflicting info on this on the SL site. One area says open book and another says no book or notes. Has anyone recently taken this that can veryify which it is?
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
I took it and I'm pretty sure it was OB. check the link below as well

Online Exam Proctoring Details by Course | StraighterLine
DESM

24 to go

CC (2012)
World Religions - A, Speech Communication - B, Intro to Sociology - A

CLEPS (August-September 2015)
Introductory Psychology - 64, Spanish Language - 80, Western Civilization I - 58, Western Civilization II - 57, Principles of Macroeconomics - 54, Principles of Microeconomics - 52, Principles of Marketing - 59, Principles of Management - 52, Information Systems - 64

DSST (September-October 2015)
Ethics in America - 462, Principles of Supervision - 422

ECE (September-October 2015)
Organizational Behavior - A, Human Resource Management - B

PF (October)
Financial Mngmt - 96

SL (October-November 2015)
Eng Comp 1 & 2 - 80, Acct 1 & 2 - 86, Bus Comm - 82, Bus Stats - 83, Biology - 74, American Govt - 83, Business Law - 84

Sophia (December 2015)
Project Management - 89

Aleks (December 2015)
Intermediate & College Algebra

Kaplan (December 2015)
PLA - Learning Recognition

American Institutes (December 2015)
Ethics & CPCU
I know what the link states, but when you go to the page to start the final it says closed book and no notes, that is why I was wondering if anyone recently took it and could confirm either way. I appreciate you responding though! I am hoping (and praying) open book :-)
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92

COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
AngelaP Wrote:I know what the link states, but when you go to the page to start the final it says closed book and no notes, that is why I was wondering if anyone recently took it and could confirm either way. I appreciate you responding though! I am hoping (and praying) open book :-)

Are you sure you're looking at the right area? I'm taking this course this month and when I go to the final page exam it read...

"This graded final examination is open book. Below are the materials permitted which are also reflected on the Proctoring Guidelines:
1 sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 paper (front and back) of prepared notes
Blank scratch paper
A pen or pencil
A calculator (for math and science courses requiring calculations only)"

...which also matches the proctoring guideline page.
This is what I was referring to:

Exam Administration:

The exam will be delivered online at a location of your choosing using remote proctoring. The exam is closed book and closed notes. All other materials and information required to complete the exam will be provided during testing. To view the permitted materials, please click here

This is when you click on the Final Exam Study Guide Link. It even states the amount of questions and time limit is different. That is why I am questioning it.

COSC - Cornerstone - A
AngelaP Wrote:This is what I was referring to:

Exam Administration:

The exam will be delivered online at a location of your choosing using remote proctoring. The exam is closed book and closed notes. All other materials and information required to complete the exam will be provided during testing. To view the permitted materials, please click here

This is when you click on the Final Exam Study Guide Link. It even states the amount of questions and time limit is different. That is why I am questioning it.

Did you check the syllabus. Or I would just chat with support to get an answer.
Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies
Open College @ Kaplan University
Completed
April 2016

Master of Business Administration
Kaplan University now Purdue University
In Progress
32 out of 60 credits earned
Please let me know what you find out. I am taking this right now as well. Thanks!
CLEP: US History 1
DSST: Intro to Computing, Intro to World Religions
ALEKS: Basic Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
Sophia: Art History
Straighterline: Intro to Environmental Science, US History 2, Western Civ 1, American Gov, Anthropology, West Civ 2, A&P 1, Medical Terminology
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct
Kaplan PLA

In Progress - English 101, Intro to Comm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metropolia Open UAS Failed Enrollment? MissRN 12 1,661 07-31-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: cro-magnon
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 534 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  At 60, She's Becoming a Nurse and Published a Book Jonathan Whatley 4 560 04-04-2024, 05:16 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Exclamation How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? Ares 0 405 03-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Santander Becas changes to Open Santander Avidreader 0 404 11-22-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  What's your opinion on The Open University UK? nomaduser 12 2,523 11-08-2023, 05:47 AM
Last Post: alfiooo
  Open or closed? rachel83az 4 662 07-28-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sree Narayana Guru Open University Alpha 6 1,279 07-21-2022, 02:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Open Universities Australia Alpha 3 1,064 06-20-2022, 04:51 AM
Last Post: MidLifeCrisis
  International Open University - Tuition FREE! bjcheung77 6 1,645 08-10-2021, 10:41 PM
Last Post: jsd