Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUS 469 and 489
BUS 469 and 489 would be my last 2 classes at UMPI and I would be very grateful if people that have taken the classes could give me some input as to how hard and/or time consuming these classes are. Do we have to presentations or essays for the final assignment?

Thank you.
Both weren't too bad. I believe I had to do an essay for both of them.

One was a handbook. The other was a communication plan.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 1 user Likes ashkir's post:
  • Pikachu
BUS469 was not difficult at all. I just finished it last week. It was a handbook/paper. That class has great instructions for the Final Assessment. I don't have to take BUS489.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-08-2021, 02:44 PM)ss20ts Wrote: BUS469 was not difficult at all. I just finished it last week. It was a handbook/paper. That class has great instructions for the Final Assessment. I don't have to take BUS489.
Bus469 handbook/paper meaning sent like typical essays? ( No special format or designing a cover or table of contents etc. ?). How many pages/ words did it have to be? 

Would you recommend this class as an elective or an exam?
(11-08-2021, 06:27 PM)Ann7 Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 02:44 PM)ss20ts Wrote: BUS469 was not difficult at all. I just finished it last week. It was a handbook/paper. That class has great instructions for the Final Assessment. I don't have to take BUS489.
Bus469 handbook/paper meaning sent like typical essays? ( No special format or designing a cover or table of contents etc. ?). How many pages/ words did it have to be? 

There are lengthy instructions - in a good way. I had to write an employee handbook. There are a variety of sections required and each section has specific instructions and word count. There is formatting and all papers at UMPI are APA unless otherwise directed which is really rare. 

As for a recommendation, it depends if you prefer writing papers or taking exams. This is a class on interpersonal communication. The name of the course doesn't really reflect that. I enjoyed the course and I wasn't looking forward to it. I was dreading writing the handbook which I completed in 2 days and it wasn't bad at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
(11-08-2021, 06:41 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-08-2021, 06:27 PM)Ann7 Wrote:

There are lengthy instructions - in a good way. I had to write an employee handbook. There are a variety of sections required and each section has specific instructions and word count. There is formatting and all papers at UMPI are APA unless otherwise directed which is really rare. 

As for a recommendation, it depends if you prefer writing papers or taking exams. This is a class on interpersonal communication. The name of the course doesn't really reflect that. I enjoyed the course and I wasn't looking forward to it. I was dreading writing the handbook which I completed in 2 days and it wasn't bad at all.
Ok thanks for the info.!
I honestly prefer the lengthy instructions too.

I basically open all the information and then add red text and write a few bullet points for each line and turn that into a written assignment. MAde my time at UMPI easy.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
[-] The following 3 users Like ashkir's post:
  • Mr T, Pikachu, ss20ts
(11-18-2021, 08:25 AM)ashkir Wrote: I honestly prefer the lengthy instructions too.

I basically open all the information and then add red text and write a few bullet points for each line and turn that into a written assignment. MAde my time at UMPI easy.

I have found that lengthy instructions tend to make the paper/project easier. Some classes have very vague instructions so you're left kind of wondering if you are on the right path. Some of the new marketing classes are like this which has been problematic and I've had to have meetings with the professor multiple times.