Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regionally Accredited Individual MBA Courses Online?
Has anyone had success taking individual online MBA courses that are regionally accredited and still reasonably priced? I was hoping to avoid applying for an MBA program and just taking two hard courses (Accounting/Finance) somewhere else and then transfer them to where I ultimately want to graduate from. Which online regionally accredited schools are the most reasonably priced and reasonable to do this with? Thanks in advance.
Transferring graduate credits isn't as easy as transferring undergraduate credits. The school you ultimately attend may not accept transfer courses, or at least not from where you are trying to transfer them from.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
gettingitdone Wrote:Has anyone had success taking individual online MBA courses that are regionally accredited and still reasonably priced? I was hoping to avoid applying for an MBA program and just taking two hard courses (Accounting/Finance) somewhere else and then transfer them to where I ultimately want to graduate from. Which online regionally accredited schools are the most reasonably priced and reasonable to do this with? Thanks in advance.

That's going to be tough. A lot of programs don't allow transfers at the Master's level. But, let me see what I can dig up.

Ashworth College appears to be one. http://www.ashworthcollege.edu/admission...er-credits

http://www.ashworthcollege.edu/masters-d...ba/tuition

It might help to know your state if you are looking for a non-profit that allows this. Trying to locate one that does this and at a low cost is a bit challenging.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
It's not that hard to find masters programs that accept 6-9 transfer credits. I would even go out on a limb and say that most online programs do. There might be some restrictions with MBA programs. ACBSP and AACSB accredited programs might only accept credits from other programs with programmatic accreditation.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:It's not that hard to find masters programs that accept 6-9 transfer credits. I would even go out on a limb and say that most online programs do. There might be some restrictions with MBA programs. ACBSP and AACSB accredited programs might only accept credits from other programs with programmatic accreditation.

I guess it depends on what OP defines as reasonably priced.
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
Does it have to be RA?
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
soliloquy Wrote:That's going to be tough. A lot of programs don't allow transfers at the Master's level. But, let me see what I can dig up.

Ashworth College appears to be one. Transfer Your College Credits - Ashworth College

Affordable Master's Degree in Business Administration Tuition - Ashworth College

Ashworth is DETC and not RA.
One can start looking here. Online Degree Search Results: 389 Accredited Online MBA Degree Programs | GetEducated.com Wayne State College and Amberton University seem to have some of the cheapest RA MBA programs.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:...There might be some restrictions with MBA programs. ACBSP and AACSB accredited programs might only accept credits from other programs with programmatic accreditation.

This is true for several schools with ACBSP and AACSB acreditation. They tend not to accept transfer credit from schools that don't have the same or higher accreditation. For instance, Eastern New Mexico University is ACBSP and the last I checked they only accept transfer credits from ACBSP and AACSB accredited schools. University of Louisiana at Monroe is AACSB accredited and will only accept transfer credits from AACSB accredited schools (not ACBSP).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 483 Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,624 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 114 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 328 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,707 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 32 8,683 08-29-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,004 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 6,892 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  New online degrees from top Indian universities Robson 8 538 08-20-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: Robson
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,595 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson