Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions - Peterson's practice exams
65-70% on Peterson's is good?

In the meantime, thanks to all for the support; that's very kind and of course appreciated.
Quote:65-70% on Peterson's is good?

Yes, it's very good. Keep in mind that Peterson's tests are written by people who believe it is their duty to prepare you for a post-doctorate level test. In doing so, they figure you should smoke a CLEP/Dantes exam (yes, just a touch of sarcasmSmile ). Most people feel pretty good about taking an exam in they're scoring in the 50-60% range.
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]
cucalorus Wrote:I guess my question, asked more broadly, is if the this matter of "confusingly similar answers" is also supposed to be characteristic of the real test.

I think this answer is coming in a little late--but the answer, in my opinion, is yes--particularly in this exam. In general, I've found that on many questions on multiple choice exams, you can narrow down the answer to one of two similar options--and I often wonder if the hair they are attempting to split is any gauge of true understanding of the subject matter. This is definitely more true on certain tests--Ethics comes to mind as well. Let us know how you did--I'm sure you're going to do well!
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
After I paid and got the paperwork squared away, I showed my proof of eligibility for test accommodations.

So they doubled my time and set the countdown clock to 3 hours. (I only used 1 hour, 50 min. -- but it was a great relief to not worry about the time.)

It was a 78-question test.

The scaled score of 50 is the minimum to pass. Got a 71. I'm quite pleased. There's a second part to this, but I'll explain that in a little bit.
cucalorus Wrote:After I paid and got the paperwork squared away, I showed my proof of eligibility for test accommodations.

So they doubled my time and set the countdown clock to 3 hours. (I only used 1 hour, 50 min. -- but it was a great relief to not worry about the time.)

It was a 78-question test.

The scaled score of 50 is the minimum to pass. Got a 71. I'm quite pleased. There's a second part to this, but I'll explain that in a little bit.

I knew you were going to ace this one! way to go!!!! Smile
Yes -- I was a bit surprised to get a score in the 70s.

I do wish the testing software gave you the option to see the questions after you've gotten your score, so you can see what you missed. I'm quite curious. The Peterson's tests explain each answer in a Review component; why can't CLEP. I should suggest that.

The proctor suggested contacting CLEP by phone and asking them if I can find out anything else about the results.

Does anyone ever get an 80 on these things? I've yet to hear of it happening, though I'm sure it has.
The second part to all of this is that I'll now have reached and exceeded the 120-hour target that our university sets for degree completion.

I got a degree audit in the mail not long ago, and I received confirmation of some rather pleasant news there.
cinderly Wrote:I don't know if anyone actually gets an 80. I view it more like a theoretical maximum.

Hi Cinderly,

Actually, there have been a few people on this board that have obtained a perfect 80.

Usually it is on a language exam, where the person is a native speaker. However, someone on the board got an 80 on DSST Principles of Statistics, and I remember seeing a couple of other examples too.

So it can be done.

Of course, because of the way these exams are scored, you don't necessarily have to answer every single question correctly to get an 80. But you'd have to be pretty darn close.

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,340 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 480 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 347 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,550 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 457 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 508 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 540 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,032 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 932 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,736 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123