Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LOL, I feel cheated (Log/Questions)
I recently stumbled upon CLEP testing only a couple months ago. Boy, if I knew about this testing I would have taken a year off out of high school and just did the general education requirements. Instead I went and dropped out. But due to menial jobs I need a degree.

Although, from the colleges perspective, every student that takes these exams and opts out means they lose money.

Also I have some questions and would appreciate if anyone could provide answers or tips.

I will also use this as a log, to update with passing/failure, if anyone cares to know.

Tests to take:
CLEP College Algebra
CLEP Biology
CLEP Information Systems & Computer Apps
CLEP German I & II

Questions:
I've read that the REA Biology and College Algebra are the best to use for each respective test, correct?

Also how much preparation is needed on average based on experience?

I've heard people talk about taking petersons exam is it from this site?
US Air Force - Education and Library Resource Center - CLEP Center

What is the best material for Information systems?

Also I haven't really read anything about how hard the language tests are? Are there any practice tests for German? I know some will ask why don't you just do Spanish, but I took German in high school and some of the vocab and grammar is still with me, so why start Spanish from scratch when I know a some German.

Help Appreciated Thanks.
cinderly Wrote:I believe that a person can access Peterson's exams from that site, if they have the proper access code. Big Grin
Yeah, I found codes via searching. I'm assuming all I have to do is register and put in the code, correct?

I figured the order of my tests would be...

Algebra - know everything just need to refresh the principles and concepts
Info systems - know most of the stuff so with a study shouldn't be a problem
Biology - hardest for me I don't know anything really
German - I have a while to work on this

Oh, are the tests exactly like the other standardized tests where if you get one question wrong they subtract like a quarter of a point or something?
Ibanez Wrote:Oh, are the tests exactly like the other standardized tests where if you get one question wrong they subtract like a quarter of a point or something?

Hi Ibanez,

The good news is that these CLEP/DANTES exams do NOT penalize you for incorrect answers.

The reason this is great news is that it allows us to absolutely guess on questions we aren't sure about, without fear of losing points.

With this in mind, it is essential that you leave NO questions unanswered on these exams. If in doubt, guess...you have nothing to lose.

Hope that helps,
Snazzlefrag
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,340 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  The American Dream Academy Closing 4/30 Questions SophiaPrincess 14 2,550 05-08-2024, 12:15 AM
Last Post: upgrayedd
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 508 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 932 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,736 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Major Regret? See How These Americans Feel About Their College Degrees LevelUP 4 970 11-26-2022, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 3,499 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 921 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 542 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  HSE questions Celiics 9 1,563 10-31-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Celiics