Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont new residency requirement
(08-28-2024, 06:01 PM)wow Wrote:
(08-28-2024, 05:43 PM)theredwallflower Wrote:
(08-21-2024, 05:49 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: To make it under the existing program and associated fees, you need to apply, submit all credits and apply for graduation ASAP. Deadline to have it all set is October 4th, otherwise the new residency requirements kick in.
Do you think if I have everything sent in by September 9th, I would be okay since it’s before the October deadline or would it need to be processed? (Asking for my daughter)
I don't think anyone here knows. The language in the catalog indicates that if you have applied and been accepted by the October deadline, you should be grandfathered in. But I didn't write it so I can't guarantee that's what it means.
I hope. Thank you!
Not exactly pierpoint info... but important info that probably mostly effects thouse trying to get done there requirements for pierpoint before deadline...
If you are doing ASU cis 194 for the RA credit

There has been alot of technical glitches (took me over a week to enroll! and then they enrolled me in wrong class etc) and misinformation
Anyways today they sent an email cancelling Cis 194 ( and all the google classes until who knows when (they said probably spring as class is being updated)

I checked with 3rd tier support in ASU and they confirmed its OK in my case as im not going for the google certificate program that they offered only the single class so i should be fine to finish and get transfer for credit

currently waiting on final to be graded and so are others possibly slow teacher or more technical glitches

Anyways if you still havent conpleted the RA credit enrol asap if doing asu keep in mind theres a 2 week wait period to transfer credit from enrollment. might be better to consider other institutes
(08-28-2024, 06:58 PM)bryceton Wrote: Not exactly pierpoint info... but important info that probably mostly effects thouse trying to get done there requirements for pierpoint before deadline...

There has been alot of technical glitches (took me over a week to enroll! and then they enrolled me in wrong class etc)  and misinformation
Anyways today they sent an email cancelling Cis 194 ( and all the google classes until who knows when (they said probably spring as class is being updated)

I checked with 3rd tier support in ASU and they confirmed its OK in my case as im not going for the google certificate program that they offered only the single class so i should be fine to finish and get transfer for credit

currently waiting on final to be graded and so are others possibly slow teacher or more technical glitches

Anyways if you still havent conpleted the RA credit enrol asap if doing asu keep in mind theres a 2 week wait period to transfer credit from enrollment. might be better to consider other institutes
Where else could one get a very quick RA credit if the ASU is not as quick? That’s the one my child was counting on.
(09-01-2024, 10:12 AM)ElderlyLeemur Wrote:
(08-28-2024, 06:58 PM)bryceton Wrote: Not exactly pierpoint info... but important info that probably mostly effects thouse trying to get done there requirements for pierpoint before deadline...

There has been alot of technical glitches (took me over a week to enroll! and then they enrolled me in wrong class etc)  and misinformation

Where else could one get a very quick RA credit if the ASU is not as quick? That’s the one my child was counting on.

You could try one of the lower-level TECEP at TESU: 
Enrolled Students: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/curre...tructions/

Non-matriculated: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/nonmatriculated
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(09-01-2024, 01:26 PM)jg_nuy Wrote:

Unfortunately this is for a kid who is not 18 so that won't work. That is why ASU was ideal but if they are slow-walking that course it's unfortunate.
Thought the youngest Pierpont accepted for the BOG AAS was 20, with a potential recent lowering to 19?
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
(09-01-2024, 01:34 PM)ElderlyLeemur Wrote: Unfortunately this is for a kid who is not 18 so that won't work. That is why ASU was ideal but if they are slow-walking that course it's unfortunate.

It's best to provide more details on what the youth is trying to do, maybe in a different thread...

(09-01-2024, 02:01 PM)jg_nuy Wrote: Thought the youngest Pierpont accepted for the BOG AAS was 20, with a potential recent lowering to 19?

It's 20 years old last I recall for the BOG AAS, but for those who are 19 turning 20, they dropped it so that it's 1 year after high school for those late graduates...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-01-2024, 01:26 PM)jg_nuy Wrote:

TECEPs are not graded, they are Pass or Fail, but they are RA.  Pierpont wants Graded RA.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Good point - forgot the TECEPs are pass-fail only.
FYI, all. If you have a teen trying to get the ASU credit, be aware they have removed access to all CIS google courses for minors. This was effective immediately last week.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 29 1,748 2 hours ago
Last Post: delvin
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 22 1,103 5 hours ago
Last Post: millionwords
  Pierpont BOG Progress AirborneAgent 10 1,163 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 20 3,568 09-13-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Rest in peace, Pierpont BOG AAS? Robson 10 841 09-13-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Pierpont BOG inkwell 2 201 09-12-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed intheprocess 7 514 09-09-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DThomas
  new here applied to Pierpont and Umpi doctorTorres 24 1,440 09-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Alternatives to Pierpont BOG Jin Wang 13 946 08-30-2024, 05:39 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 45 7,206 08-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Tonyoliver097