Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24
My brother was emailing the Registrar's office and got this: "If you feel you will have enough credits to be eligible for December graduation, I encourage you to apply for graduation before the October 4th deadline to be eligible under the current Board of Governor guidelines."

It's the bad version: you have to submit your transcripts, get them processed, and apply for graduation by October 4th.
Hmm, I was thinking it was submit transcripts and apply for graduation by October 4th... getting them processed would be on their hands after you submit the transcripts... Anyways, to be on the safe side, that's how I interpreted it and mentioned on another thread to get everything sent in for academic review and apply for graduation before Oct 4.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-04-2024, 05:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, I was thinking it was submit transcripts and apply for graduation by October 4th... getting them processed would be on their hands  after you submit the transcripts... Anyways, to be on the safe side, that's how I interpreted it and mentioned on another thread to get everything sent in for academic review and apply for graduation before Oct 4.

Will you be submitting the application for graduation before all your transcripts are completed? I just applied over the weekend  and had all my transcripts sent over via parchment and credly. I already received my login information and can access roar. I'm just worried if the credits will be computed by the deadline. If submitting the graduation application before that's even done is an option, ill definitely do that.
Just checked my ROAR unofficial transcripts. They have input 2/3 transfers i sent in. Still waiting on the one i sent with parchment. But i did get a confirmation email saying Pierpont downloaded the transcript from parchment. I have 142SH showing right now.
However, there is still nothing applied or showing under degree works toward the BOG AAS. Would i be able to go ahead and email the graduation application? It wont let me access the one on my pierpont account yet. What would you recommend?
Send the graduation application. Degree works doesn’t work for this.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • Cbar19
(09-04-2024, 12:05 AM)Hotdogman1 Wrote: My brother was emailing the Registrar's office and got this: "If you feel you will have enough credits to be eligible for December graduation, I encourage you to apply for graduation before the October 4th deadline to be eligible under the current Board of Governor guidelines."

It's the bad version: you have to submit your transcripts, get them processed, and apply for graduation by October 4th.

That's not how I read what you quoted. I read it as apply by Oct 4th, get everything in and processed before it's too late for Dec graduation.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I sent the application. But degree works did end up getting updated. Does this mean the changes are taking effect sooner? It says Degree progress 50%. Credits 85%. Credits required 60. Credits applied 142. And then I have a green check beside 60 hours required. Then red circle beside the following: 15 hours resident requirement, 2.0 GPA, And general requirements with additional red circles beside communications, computer literacy, mathematics, and science. 
Which doesn’t make sense cause I have 39 SH from Sophia that covers all those areas.

Attached Files
.jpeg   IMG_4739.jpeg (Size: 426.3 KB / Downloads: 12)
(09-05-2024, 07:38 PM)Cbar19 Wrote: I sent the application. But degree works did end up getting updated. Does this mean the changes are taking effect sooner? It says Degree progress 50%. Credits 85%. Credits required 60. Credits applied 142. And then I have a green check beside 60 hours required. Then red circle beside the following: 15 hours resident requirement, 2.0 GPA, And general requirements with additional red circles beside communications, computer literacy, mathematics, and science. 
Which doesn’t make sense cause I have 39 SH from Sophia that covers all those areas.

Degree Works is not set up for the BOG AAS. Ignore it. Check the unofficial transcript to make sure your graded classes show up with a GPA and that your items for the 15 core credits are recorded. If so, you're good to go.

If your letter grades don't appear, reach out to the registrar office via Pierpont email to have it fixed.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(09-05-2024, 07:57 PM)jg_nuy Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 07:38 PM)Cbar19 Wrote: I sent the application. But degree works did end up getting updated. Does this mean the changes are taking effect sooner? It says Degree progress 50%. Credits 85%. Credits required 60. Credits applied 142. And then I have a green check beside 60 hours required. Then red circle beside the following: 15 hours resident requirement, 2.0 GPA, And general requirements with additional red circles beside communications, computer literacy, mathematics, and science. 

Degree Works is not set up for the BOG AAS. Ignore it. Check the unofficial transcript to make sure your graded classes show up with a GPA and that your items for the 15 core credits are recorded. If so, you're good to go.

If your letter grades don't appear, reach out to the registrar office via Pierpont email to have it fixed.

Ok thank you. The letter grad transcripts aren't showing at all. I'm assuming cause they were sent through parchment and take a bit longer than Credly. Ill double check the 15 core credits once the parchment transcripts are processed. But i did go ahead and submit my application for graduation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cbar19's post:
  • jg_nuy
Great stuff, finish all you need and apply for graduation at Pierpont before Oct 4, don't spam them, use the application and send them just that one email indicating you have all the required classes you need for graduation. That's the only thing you have to do and then pay the $350 for December 2024 graduation.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 22 1,101 4 hours ago
Last Post: millionwords
  Pierpont BOG Progress AirborneAgent 10 1,163 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 20 3,568 09-13-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Rest in peace, Pierpont BOG AAS? Robson 10 841 09-13-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: slaterjack
  Pierpont BOG inkwell 2 201 09-12-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed intheprocess 7 513 09-09-2024, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DThomas
  new here applied to Pierpont and Umpi doctorTorres 24 1,440 09-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Pierpont new residency requirement homeschoolmom1 59 6,127 09-02-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: ElderlyLeemur
  Alternatives to Pierpont BOG Jin Wang 13 946 08-30-2024, 05:39 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 45 7,206 08-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Tonyoliver097