Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont Areas of Emphasis
On the wiki, AOEs are only listed as available if there are alternate credit sources for the credits. Students who have credits from elsewhere may be able to get an otherwise "impossible" AOE. If your Drafting certificate is credit bearing and worth at least 15 credits, you may be able to get a Drafting AOE.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
That's right, for Drafting and other AOE's that aren't as common, it's usually recommend for those who already have X credits in an AOE that's not easily attainable through alternative credit options, it's especially useful for those who have a college cert or diploma in an applied trade or other professional fields, as long as those are RA or acceptable credit that can be applied to the degree.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-02-2023, 12:08 PM)I clicked on the other link that shows this: Drafting- Not possible via alt credit. I read that to mean that you can\t use incoming credits to earn it. I saw their list of courses for their Drafting degree and things have changed a LOT since I took Drafting in the early 90s lol. I have certification in CAD and a lot of other Drafting courses, however, most of mine were done on the old drafting table, with a pencil lol so they may not work.  bjcheung77 Wrote:
(12-02-2023, 08:01 AM)Indieblue Wrote: I wonder why Drafting isn't available as an AOE? Sad, as I had a CAD certificate and everything, but it doesn't look like any of that will help with an AOE.

Did you click the link I had on post #6?  When I click the link and go down to the D's, Drafting is part of the list.  You have to make sure to have at least 15 credits in drafting, it can be anything that they take, here's the list from that page.

(12-03-2023, 05:40 AM)rachel83az Wrote: On the wiki, AOEs are only listed as available if there are alternate credit sources for the credits. Students who have credits from elsewhere may be able to get an otherwise "impossible" AOE. If your Drafting certificate is credit bearing and worth at least 15 credits, you may be able to get a Drafting AOE.

Thank you, so it may work after all. I have a certificate in CAD and a lot of other Drafting credits that I was using to get my degree....but then I quit. Most of mine are 'old school' though, as CAD had just come out and the majority of my courses were hand drawn...etc. Crossing my fingers that because I have the certificate that it will be enough for the AOE.
Hello to Everybody! I am new to forum.
I'm wondering if a Area of Emphasis requires 15 credits and I have enough credits, can I choose two or even three Areas?
Each institution has their own regulations and rules, Pierpont BOG AAS only has an option for one emphasis. It's a Board of Governors Major, with one emphasis...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • artem, Darknigh7
Howdy y'all.

Regarding the AoE: When I went to graduation a couple of weeks ago, all of us there who were in the BOG program asked Nancy if we could announce our AoE when we walked across the stage. She made it happen for us!
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS, BOG (Info Systems)---Pierpont Community and Technical College, December 2023
Certificate, Community Health Worker---Berkeley City College, December 2023

Currently: 
BA, Liberal Studies---Thomas Edison State University, (July 2024-present)

Considering:
graduate school someday, once I decide what I want to be when I grow up!

[-] The following 3 users Like staceydiane's post:
  • jch, Jonathan Whatley, Pikachu
Received my diploma in May, can confirm that Criminal Justice is an AoE!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG Progress AirborneAgent 6 899 4 hours ago
Last Post: AirborneAgent
  Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed intheprocess 5 244 8 hours ago
Last Post: intheprocess
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 18 820 09-05-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Cbar19
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 1 139 09-05-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Rest in peace, Pierpont BOG AAS? Robson 5 496 09-05-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  new here applied to Pierpont and Umpi doctorTorres 24 1,323 09-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Pierpont new residency requirement homeschoolmom1 59 5,622 09-02-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: ElderlyLeemur
  Alternatives to Pierpont BOG Jin Wang 13 826 08-30-2024, 05:39 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 45 7,122 08-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Tonyoliver097
  AAS other than Pierpont ? ForSchoolsStuffffffffff 11 821 08-26-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: wow