Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont Area of Emphasis question
Hey everyone! Hope all are doing well in their journeys! 

Does anyone know how many AOEs you can add to your degree? 
I plan on:

Business management
Information technology

and if there is an option 
Management information systems

Thanks in advance!
I think I read somewhere, either here on the forums or on Pierpont's website, that you can have only one Area of Emphasis on your Board of Governors AAS transcript. Can't find the source of that information right now, maybe someone else can confirm.

And just a heads up, if you look at Pierpont's course catalog, the Areas of Emphasis you listed seem to be incorrect.
You can get a 'Business Administration' or 'Management' AoE but there isn't a 'Business Management' AoE on offer.
Likewise, there are 'Health Information Technology' and 'Information Systems' AoEs but neither 'Information Technology' nor 'Management Information Systems' exist.
You may want to review Pierpont's catalog, other people's BOG degree plans, and the wiki for more details (https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...f_Emphasis)
[-] The following 2 users Like cro-magnon's post:
  • Hackingat40, Pikachu
According to this thread, you can only have 1 area of emphasis
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid363360
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 3 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Hackingat40, mr_peanutbutter, Pikachu
"Yup, that's the limitation for Associates, there really isn't an option for more than one emphasis or focus."
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Hackingat40
Hey everyone ! 

Wanted to share where I am at. 

Pierpont complete and fees paid. Just wanting for everyone at Pierpont to sig off and send me a diploma in December. Nancy reviewed and acknowledge I am all set and I will have the Emphasis of Information Systems.

I am currently working on the last of my Sophia classes to be ready for UMPI transfer. Plan is UMPI BAS with double minor in Project management and Management information systems. I was going to do the triple but I have 20 years of management experience already. 

My questions are these:

1. Once I finish my few classes can I apply at UMPI and transfer everything in before I get my Pierpont conferral? (Which I  think will be a while since I am stuck in the fall session but I could be wrong.)

2. I am guessing I will have to take a few random classes at UMPI for my plan. Should I take the IBM data analyst pro cert of just the BUS440 at UMPI? Which would be easier?

I'm ready to get started at UMPI to knock out my Bachelors. 

Attached is my current updated Excel plan. 

Thanks Everyone!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hackingat40's post:
  • Charles Fout
Most of the time now, I've been telling people to place their spreadsheet in their google or one drive as a viewable (not editable) file. The main reason is because, many people don't have the MS Office Suite (or comparable alternative) installed. I can't open the file, it takes a few extra moments to download, upload to my one drive and then open it... and delete it when I am done reviewing it. Having a link to your viewable (not-editable) file would be much easier and saves 'space' overall... If you've followed my example on your 'main' thread, those are the classes you need - minus the two for the Management minor, that's the only difference.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ltw900rr
(07-24-2024, 04:42 PM)Hackingat40 Wrote: Hey everyone ! 

Pierpont complete and fees paid. Just wanting for everyone at Pierpont to sig off and send me a diploma in December. Nancy reviewed and acknowledge I am all set and I will have the Emphasis of Information Systems.

I am currently working on the last of my Sophia classes to be ready for UMPI transfer. Plan is UMPI BAS with double minor in Project management and Management information systems. I was going to do the triple but I have 20 years of management experience already. 

My questions are these:

1. Once I finish my few classes can I apply at UMPI and transfer everything in before I get my Pierpont conferral? (Which I  think will be a while since I am stuck in the fall session but I could be wrong.)

2. I am guessing I will have to take a few random classes at UMPI for my plan. Should I take the IBM data analyst pro cert of just the BUS440 at UMPI? Which would be easier?

Thanks Everyone!

Congratulations, I am trying to follow the same route, how long did it take for them to confirm everything? It's been a week without hearing from them since my submission of everything, seems like Nancy is no longer doing the confirmation anymore.
(07-25-2024, 08:34 AM)delvin Wrote:
(07-24-2024, 04:42 PM)Hackingat40 Wrote: Hey everyone ! 

My questions are these:

Thanks Everyone!

Congratulations, I am trying to follow the same route, how long did it take for them to confirm everything? It's been a week without hearing from them since my submission of everything, seems like Nancy is no longer doing the confirmation anymore.
Hello!

Yeah it did take a while. I would guess a month to get it squared away. Which for me kind of was a pain. I missed the summer graduation and the lower cost of fees due to the time it took for everyone to review and approve. 

I am cross referencing UMPI yourpace minor classes and it seems some recommendations here are different courses than what UMPI states. That was the reason for my inquiry. Keep in touch we could bounce ideas and progress off each other.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible Pierpont BOG Alternative? EWVCC Captainrekt000 10 605 10-12-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Pierpont timelines for 10/4 FeFe_Fiona 10 974 10-10-2024, 11:41 AM
  Pierpont Contacts - Please Do Not Spam Them tensen 21 6,242 10-06-2024, 03:39 AM
Last Post: bryceton
  Help with creating Pierpont account ArshveerCheema 1 217 10-03-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: any4yeardegree
  Pierpont Dual Enrollment Price Increase jg_nuy 0 212 10-02-2024, 06:32 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 30 2,868 10-01-2024, 11:09 AM
  Pierpont degree Holds delvin 1 299 09-30-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 40 3,262 09-27-2024, 11:17 AM
  Pierpont & Western Civ 1&2 Carnation 0 193 09-21-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  Pierpont new residency requirement homeschoolmom1 62 7,780 09-17-2024, 11:17 AM