Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Personal Progress Thread
It looks like you are on a good pace. Keep it up!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-28-2024, 12:29 PM)DavidGood Wrote: Day 5 of week 3 update
BABA - Leadership Concentration
Optional MIS Minor Included.

4 of 16 weeks completed
5 of 14 classes completed

MAT 140 - Mathematics for Business
BUS 200 - Intermediate Business Computing
BUS 220 - Managerial Accounting 
BUS 240 - Change Management  
BUS 325 - Financial Management 
BUS 260 - Leadership  
BUS 244 - Management Information Systems 
BUS 321 - Human Resource Management  
BUS 330 - Marketing Management  
BUS 335 - Organizational Behavior  
BUS 415 - Operations Management  
BUS 440 - Business Analytics 
BUS 469 - Strategic Professional Communication 
BUS 489 - Business Policy & Strategy  

Scrapping the minor ....

5 classes in 4 weeks is amazing. Gives me hope that I'll be able to do the 10 I need in one session.
Nice work, I'm working on something similar for myself. I start Fall II and initially planned to do BABA in Management & Leadership which leaves me with needing 13 classes but also considering double majoring in Accounting to sit for CPA in Florida. Pell grant is still available to me so I was thinking 3-4 terms max, but won't make commencement if I do more than 2 terms. I would also like do the MAOL at UMPI. Still at the drawing board trying to figure things out.

Future Plan: Hopefully Summer I 2025

UMPI
MAOL 

Starting Soon: Fall II 2024 

UMPI
BABA Management & Leadership

Completed Certificates  & Degrees 

Miami Dade College (MDC)
A.A Computer Arts Animation 2017 
(09-28-2024, 10:07 PM)FeFe_Fiona Wrote: Nice work, I'm working on something similar for myself. I start Fall II and initially planned to do BABA in Management & Leadership which leaves me with needing 13 classes but also considering double majoring in Accounting to sit for CPA in Florida. Pell grant is still available to me so I was thinking 3-4 terms max, but won't make commencement if I do more than 2 terms. I would also like do the MAOL at UMPI. Still at the drawing board trying to figure things out.

Figuring it out is certainly a challenge.

I not sure about accounting, but 13 credits in the BABA is very do-able in two terms. Its up to how comfortable you are with skimming class material and then going back to that material in order to do the milestones and final.

I am undecided about the MAOL. It is inexpensive, and it appears they will start allowing drafts, which should increase the speed and simplicity.

My issues:
I'd rather have an MBA.
I'd rather have an MBA with a concentration, like what they offer at Eastern Washington Uni.
Not having all my eggs in the UMPI basket might be smart.

But wow the speed and price is hard to beat at UMPI.

Start of week 6, maybe? It is all running together ...

5 of 16 weeks completed
6 of 14 classes completed

BUS 325 - Financial Management (IN PROGRESS)
BUS 260 - Leadership  
BUS 321 - Human Resource Management  (IN PROGRESS)
BUS 330 - Marketing Management  (IN PROGRESS)
BUS 415 - Operations Management  

It is starting to feel too late to add anything else. 
I'd like to sneak in one more, but I have heard that the final in 325 takes some time. 
That means I should finish 9 classes in 8 weeks and have 5 remaining (unless I decide to do the MIS minor then I will have 8 classes to go).

Honestly, a week off between terms doesn't sound too horrible right now.
DavidGooD! Could I connect with you to discuss some of your courses? I am about to start the same ones and would like to find out some info on them if you do not mind. Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hackingat40's post:
  • DavidGood
Start of week 6, maybe? It is all running together ...

6 of 16 weeks completed

BUS 325 - Financial Management (WAITING FOR GRADE ON FINAL)
BUS 260 - Leadership  
BUS 321 - Human Resource Management  (WAITING FOR GRADE ON FINAL)
BUS 330 - Marketing Management  (WAITING FOR GRADE ON FINAL)
BUS 415 - Operations Management  (IN PROGRESS AT SDC)

The gap between fall 1 and fall 2 means some dead time. I might as well use it.
I am submitting to common sense and working on the study.com class to meet the requirements for BUS 415.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DavidGood's post:
  • LevelUP
(10-12-2024, 12:09 PM)DavidGood Wrote: Start of week 6, maybe? It is all running together ...

6 of 16 weeks completed

BUS 325 - Financial Management (WAITING FOR GRADE ON FINAL)
BUS 260 - Leadership  
BUS 321 - Human Resource Management  (WAITING FOR GRADE ON FINAL)
BUS 330 - Marketing Management  (WAITING FOR GRADE ON FINAL)
BUS 415 - Operations Management  (IN PROGRESS AT SDC)

The gap between fall 1 and fall 2 means some dead time. I might as well use it.
I am submitting to common sense and working on the study.com class to meet the requirements for BUS 415.

So, you are done with UMPI courses for this term?

There is a small gap between the Fall 1 and Fall 2 terms. For anyone who takes Fall 2, there is a pretty large gap before Spring 1 begins. 

It's definitely a different feeling when you start a term at college.  You really do begin to FEEL the pressure, though your confidence starts growing as you go through the term.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Yes, done until fall 2. The SDC class and some home improvement issues I must address will keep me occupied until then.

Plus, it just gets hinky at the end of the term. Lots of dates for drafts and finals and then working backward from them for milestones. I hated the idea of starting something and then needing to withdraw on the 17th. The juice didn't seem worth the squeeze.

In addition, I decided to officially add the MIS minor yesterday (not shown above, but adds three courses. I will re-integrate it in my next update). 
I will 'only' need 7 classes in fall 2 when I factor in the minor.
It took me the first two weeks to discover my personal "best practices," so that part of fall 1 was less efficient than weeks 3-6.
Now that they are in place, this should be very doable.
[-] The following 2 users Like DavidGood's post:
  • jg_nuy, LevelUP
(10-12-2024, 03:02 PM)DavidGood Wrote: Yes, done until fall 2. The SDC class and some home improvement issues I must address will keep me occupied until then.

Plus, it just gets hinky at the end of the term. Lots of dates for drafts and finals and then working backward from them for milestones. I hated the idea of starting something and then needing to withdraw on the 17th. The juice didn't seem worth the squeeze.

In addition, I decided to officially add the MIS minor yesterday (not shown above, but adds three courses. I will re-integrate it in my next update). 
It took me the first two weeks to discover my personal "best practices," so that part of fall 1 was less efficient than weeks 3-6.
Any tips you can share on those best practices to help others be more efficient?
(10-12-2024, 08:23 PM)Samhain408 Wrote:
(10-12-2024, 03:02 PM)DavidGood Wrote: Yes, done until fall 2. The SDC class and some home improvement issues I must address will keep me occupied until then.

Any tips you can share on those best practices to help others be more efficient?

It’s a bit of an individual thing. I don’t think it works for me will work for most other so I won’t post. If interested in what I do send me a DM.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster...Personal Plan & Progress wkshasta 17 896 10-21-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: wkshasta
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 129 97,627 10-21-2024, 12:58 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 5,002 10-16-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 26 2,337 09-27-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Personal Enrichment Question Jocon 11 1,121 10-18-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Fall 1 2023 Thread virino 11 1,514 08-29-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Ultimate UMPI Science Transfer Thread joshua27 2 854 02-12-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Can someone look over my progress and see if I'm missing anything? upgrayedd 7 924 11-14-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: KSoul
  UMPI BS in liberal arts, management minor progress Federicojavier 3 1,201 08-22-2021, 09:48 AM
Last Post: ss20ts