Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Filling out the BACS AOS
Technically, you can speak with the academic advisor and verify everything is a go for you. Basically, Additional AOS electives should be part of the UL as it's part of the AOS (Anything and everything under II Area of Study including the Capstone should be included in the UL requirements of 18 credits). Just on the safe side, you can again have a chat with the advisor and see what they say. Refer to catalog or the webpage here: https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/ba/computer-science
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Mandatory reminder that you can talk to advising, but be wary of what they tell you. They may tell you no, even if the answer is yes. If they tell you yes, save that email in case you have to fight something later.

(09-10-2022, 04:59 PM)spohara Wrote: Good info.  Now I just have to figure out why none of my LL courses seem to be slotting in.  Perhaps those specific ones just don't fit the degree plan (COS-101, CAP101, ITS-130, anything DSI)

COS-101 - There is no room for this right now.
CAP-101 - Nor this. I think this should change once you hit 15 (plus Capstone) UL credits in the AOS.
ITS-130 - ITS credits don't work for a CS degree, nor vice versa.
DSI - Data Science credits also don't count towards a CS degree, except possibly under Additional AOS Electives. You already have those filled.

The only place those leftover credits can go is into free electives, unless your free electives are already filled.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • MrPanda
(09-11-2022, 03:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Mandatory reminder that you can talk to advising, but be wary of what they tell you. They may tell you no, even if the answer is yes. If they tell you yes, save that email in case you have to fight something later.

(09-10-2022, 04:59 PM)spohara Wrote: Good info.  Now I just have to figure out why none of my LL courses seem to be slotting in.  Perhaps those specific ones just don't fit the degree plan (COS-101, CAP101, ITS-130, anything DSI)

CAP-101 - Nor this. I think this should change once you hit 15 (plus Capstone) UL credits in the AOS.
DSI - Data Science credits also don't count towards a CS degree, except possibly under Additional AOS Electives. You already have those filled.

The only place those leftover credits can go is into free electives, unless your free electives are already filled.
If I understand you correctly, COS-101 and CAP-101 should work as AOS electives for the plan but won't slot in until I finish my UL?
(09-11-2022, 07:20 AM)spohara Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 03:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote: COS-101 - There is no room for this right now.

If I understand you correctly, COS-101 and CAP-101 should work as AOS electives for the plan but won't slot in until I finish my UL?

That sounds right. Although you already have your additional AOS electives filled, here is the appeal process for your data science classes: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/current/...eal-Policy
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(09-11-2022, 07:20 AM)spohara Wrote:
(09-11-2022, 03:53 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Mandatory reminder that you can talk to advising, but be wary of what they tell you. They may tell you no, even if the answer is yes. If they tell you yes, save that email in case you have to fight something later.

Yes, I think so. They have Group 1 as "UL Electives" and Group 2 as "LL Electives", though they don't explicitly say this. Once you have your UL completed, you should be able to ask for COS-101 and CAP-101 to be moved to AOS electives. It may also happen automatically as you fill in your degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • spohara
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ience_Plan

Should answer all your questions regarding the AOS
TESU - BA CS
What I got back from advising today (if it is worth anything) - COS-101 and CIS-107 specifically don't count toward the electives because they are 'too introductory'.  Everything else in CIS or COS counts, plus CMP-354.  Allegedly no other category counts including ITS,CYB, CLD, DSI.  Well, we've already had conflicting reports that CLD-420 slots right in, so take that for what it is worth.
[-] The following 1 user Likes spohara's post:
  • rachel83az
(09-16-2022, 01:57 PM)spohara Wrote: What I got back from advising today (if it is worth anything) - COS-101 and CIS-107 specifically don't count toward the electives because they are 'too introductory'.  Everything else in CIS or COS counts, plus CMP-354.  Allegedly no other category counts including ITS,CYB, CLD, DSI.  Well, we've already had conflicting reports that CLD-420 slots right in, so take that for what it is worth.

We have not had conflicting reports, I thought? At least on mine, CLD-420 slots into the other AOS electives from Natural Sciences. It is a completely different section. In that sense it is no more contradictory than the fact an upper level Stats class fits in that section.
(09-16-2022, 02:46 PM)sarahmac Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 01:57 PM)spohara Wrote: What I got back from advising today (if it is worth anything) - COS-101 and CIS-107 specifically don't count toward the electives because they are 'too introductory'.  Everything else in CIS or COS counts, plus CMP-354.  Allegedly no other category counts including ITS,CYB, CLD, DSI.  Well, we've already had conflicting reports that CLD-420 slots right in, so take that for what it is worth.

We have not had conflicting reports, I thought? At least on mine, CLD-420 slots into the other AOS electives from Natural Sciences. It is a completely different section. In that sense it is no more contradictory than the fact an upper level Stats class fits in that section.

I saw this post and possibly misinterpreted it:

(09-16-2022, 03:20 AM)cizzie Wrote: Ok so sorry for the wait guys a lot of back and forth but I finally got the IBM Full Stack Cert transferred in and here are the results:

1 ITS-399 Special Topics in Info Technol 07/29/22 CR 3.00
1 CLD-110 Intro to Cloud Computing 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 ITS-231 Database Programming 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 CLD-420 Archtctng Cloud Solution 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 ITS-299 Special Topics Informat Techn 08/03/22 CR 3.00
1 COS-205 Python Programming 08/03/22 CR 3.00

CLD 420 went into the BACS AOS area, and so did ITS-299. I am not sure as to why ITS 399 did not but I will inquire with them in a few hours when advising is open.

Makes things annoying but not necessarily difficult for me.  I can probably run right through some kind of R course for a LL elective then find something else easy, but I'm trying to also do things on the cheap and wasn't wanting to use SDC too much.  Also kinda annoying that they didn't code anything as COS or CIS in a developer course.  Seems like they're trying to make these count for very little.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Figuring out What I Have and What I am Missing for BACS & BS-CIS Double Degree nicecoolego 8 599 06-19-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  First Post, TESU BACS questions tcompy 13 1,325 05-14-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: tcompy
Smile BACS: COS-2050 Python Programming VS COS-4510 AI,which course is easier? Felisa 5 709 01-21-2024, 01:59 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BACS Plan Verification mrobel 4 624 01-18-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: davewill
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 2,364 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
  BACS/BSBA CIS - Transferring Credits MortySanchez 12 1,772 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
Question My current degree plan for BACS, any suggestions elcastor21 7 1,029 08-28-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  TESU BACS & Dual BSBA CIS + Finance max transfer credits. CanICode 18 1,390 08-04-2023, 06:22 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU BACS & BSBA CIS at the same time? CanICode 25 3,725 07-10-2023, 08:29 PM
  Suggestion for BACS advisor? poisonedapple 7 863 04-16-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple