Introduction to Statistics, 3, 94
Introduction to Psychology: Smart Decisions Through Psychology, 3, 93
Microeconomics, 3, 86

Study.com Credits: 12
English 104: College Composition I, 3, 92%
English 105: College Composition II, 3, 82%
Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace, 3, 91%

Political Science 102: American government, 3, 87%

Any certifications or military experience? I am currently working on the Coursera IBM Data Science Professional Certificate.

Courses in progress:
Business Law, Sophia
Financial Accounting, Sophia

Remaining courses in plan:
 COS-1110 Introduction to Programming
COS-2410 Data Structures
MAT-2700 Discrete Mathematics
COS-3300 Computer Architecture
COS-2400 Operating systems
CIS- Management Information Systems
CIS-3200 Systems Analysis & Desigin I
CIS-3110 Database Management
MAN-2100 Principles of Management
COS-1010 Introduction to Computers
MKT-2010 Principles of Marketing
ACC-1020 Managerial Accounting

Remaining Courses already planned to take at TESU:
 SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy
PHI-130 Introduction to Critical Reasoning
CIS-351 Software Engineering
LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone
CYB-3200 Ethical Hacking

Budget: I have a max of $14K saved up.  I'd like to go the cheapest route possible but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: Honestly, just kids/spouse and my pets I have been a stay-at-home dad since COVID, kids are heading to elementary school this year so, it’s time to get back into the working world.

Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the night or weekends as long as my schedule is free. I am currently studying for 7ish hours mon-fri. However, this summer will be busy, and I am expecting to miss at least a whole month.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within 12 months
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No

I am better at and prefer testing over assignments. I have a little anxiety when it comes to written projects. If my research is correct, I believe I need 30 RA credits to graduate but the plan CS plan I am following from the WIKI page only has me taking 5 courses from TESU. So, I have the following questions.

I am curious as to which of my remaining classes should be taken at TESU to finish as quickly as possible, and which of these should I completely avoid taking at TESU.

Will the new Sophia intro to psych course, Microeconomics course, and SDC POL SCI 102 have any negative impact since I most likely won’t utilize them anywhere other than LL Elective?

I haven’t registered for anything at TESU, I am hoping to have all my ducks in a row before I send any transcripts over. I would appreciate any advice or tips to help me move forward.

It feels like I am getting very close, this forum has given me a ton of insight and direction. I appreciate all the details and support from everyone that has gone or is going down this path with me. 
You should apply to TESU and register for the Medical Terminology TECEP expeditiously. Don't take the TECEP, but by registering you'll get active student status for the current course catalog, which will protect you if anything changes. From there send the transcripts that you have.

You will need 15 more RA credits. The most used method on this forum has been to get them through ASU universal learner at $425/class (at 3 credits/class that's $145/credit): https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ar...al_Learner

There's also Dine College, which has only recently expanded its online offerings. I'm not sure anyone on this forum has gone through them yet but they offer online courses at $55/credit ($165/class for a 3 credit class): https://www.dinecollege.edu/

Here's their course catalog. Ctrl F and search for "asynchronous" to see their fully online offerings: https://www.dinecollege.edu/wp-content/u...6-2024.pdf
In Progress: 
* TESU BACS (goal of august '24 graduation)

Completed: 
* C++ Programming Certificate, Washtenaw Community College (August '23)
* Bachelors of Arts, a brick & mortar university (2020)

Future:
Georgia Tech OMSCS (Fall '24 onward!)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsNeverTheLionsYear's post:
  • tcompy
(05-10-2024, 10:29 AM)ItsNeverTheLionsYear Wrote: You should apply to TESU and register for the Medical Terminology TECEP expeditiously. Don't take the TECEP, but by registering you'll get active student status for the current course catalog, which will protect you if anything changes. From there send the transcripts that you have.

You will need 15 more RA credits. The most used method on this forum has been to get them through ASU universal learner at $425/class (at 3 credits/class that's $145/credit): https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Ar...al_Learner

There's also Dine College, which has only recently expanded its online offerings. I'm not sure anyone on this forum has gone through them yet but they offer online courses at $55/credit ($165/class for a 3 credit class): https://www.dinecollege.edu/

Here's their course catalog. Ctrl F and search for "asynchronous" to see their fully online offerings: https://www.dinecollege.edu/wp-content/u...6-2024.pdf

Thank you! Would it be beneficial to also register at UMPI? I have had my eye on the BABA PM & IS degree.
Registering at UMPI means taking their classes. I would not register there unless you're set on taking their degree.
In Progress: 
* TESU BACS (goal of august '24 graduation)

Completed: 
* C++ Programming Certificate, Washtenaw Community College (August '23)
* Bachelors of Arts, a brick & mortar university (2020)

Future:
Georgia Tech OMSCS (Fall '24 onward!)
@tcompy, Welcome to the board, that's a good intro post with the addendum, template, and a bit more... You're about a dozen years younger than I and already have a balanced mix/match of some certs, credits, experience... You want to decide if you need/want a check the box or specific degree you have in mind. Take some time to review the WIKI plans for the degrees that interest you, then create a spreadsheet for all three in order to compare them.

You're on the right path with getting the bulk and max credit from Sophia.org to transfer into either TESU BACS/BS CIS combo or the UMPI BAS with 4 classes that go into the MAOL, and option of UMPI BABA PM & IS with the 4 classes towards MAOL. You're close to 60 credits that will transfer into all 3 options, for many I've recommended the Pierpont BOG AAS Info Systems Emphasis, ladder to the UMPI BAS with PM/MIS minors, then finish with the MAOL.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-10-2024, 11:37 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @tcompy, Welcome to the board, that's a good intro post with the addendum, template, and a bit more... You're about a dozen years younger than I and already have a balanced mix/match of some certs, credits, experience... You want to decide if you need/want a check the box or specific degree you have in mind.  Take some time to review the WIKI plans for the degrees that interest you, then create a spreadsheet for all three in order to compare them.

You're on the right path with getting the bulk and max credit from Sophia.org to transfer into either TESU BACS/BS CIS combo or the UMPI BAS with 4 classes that go into the MAOL, and option of UMPI BABA PM & IS with the 4 classes towards MAOL.  You're close to 60 credits that will transfer into all 3 options, for many I've recommended the Pierpont BOG AAS Info Systems Emphasis, ladder to the UMPI BAS with PM/MIS minors, then finish with the MAOL.

Thanks for this! I am definitely following the track to complete the BA CS from TESU with an add on ASBA. I originally started following the combo bacs/bsba accounting plan from the wiki page and decided to drop the bsba accounting degree. Also, I wasn't sure if I might get more credits to transfer into the UMPI BABA PM/MIS program in comparison to the BACS from TESU.

(05-10-2024, 11:28 AM)ItsNeverTheLionsYear Wrote: Registering at UMPI means taking their classes. I would not register there unless you're set on taking their degree.

I understand, I was more curious to know if more of my current ace credits would transfer into UMPI for the BABA PM/MIS program in comparison to the TESU BACS + ASBA program. Sorry for leaving that bit of info out.
(05-10-2024, 03:22 PM)tcompy Wrote:
(05-10-2024, 11:37 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @tcompy, Welcome to the board, that's a good intro post with the addendum, template, and a bit more... You're about a dozen years younger than I and already have a balanced mix/match of some certs, credits, experience... You want to decide if you need/want a check the box or specific degree you have in mind.  Take some time to review the WIKI plans for the degrees that interest you, then create a spreadsheet for all three in order to compare them.

You're on the right path with getting the bulk and max credit from Sophia.org to transfer into either TESU BACS/BS CIS combo or the UMPI BAS with 4 classes that go into the MAOL, and option of UMPI BABA PM & IS with the 4 classes towards MAOL.  You're close to 60 credits that will transfer into all 3 options, for many I've recommended the Pierpont BOG AAS Info Systems Emphasis, ladder to the UMPI BAS with PM/MIS minors, then finish with the MAOL.

Thanks for this! I am definitely following the track to complete the BA CS from TESU with an add on ASBA. I originally started following the combo bacs/bsba accounting plan from the wiki page and decided to drop the bsba accounting degree. Also, I wasn't sure if I might get more credits to transfer into the UMPI BABA PM/MIS program in comparison to the BACS from TESU.

(05-10-2024, 11:28 AM)ItsNeverTheLionsYear Wrote: Registering at UMPI means taking their classes. I would not register there unless you're set on taking their degree.

I understand, I was more curious to know if more of my current ace credits would transfer into UMPI for the BABA PM/MIS program in comparison to the TESU BACS + ASBA program. Sorry for leaving that bit of info out.

Since all you have taken is Sophia and Study.com, you can pretty much guess exactly what will transfer into UMPI based on the degree plans. 

English 104: College Composition I & English 105: College Composition II won't work for TESU. You need English 204: English Composition I & English 205: English Composition II

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Sophia U.S. Government and Study.com and Political Science 102: American government will end up coming in as the same course, so you have a duplicate there.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-10-2024, 08:14 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

Since all you have taken is Sophia and Study.com, you can pretty much guess exactly what will transfer into UMPI based on the degree plans. 

English 104: College Composition I & English 105: College Composition II won't work for TESU. You need English 204: English Composition I & English 205: English Composition II

Sophia U.S. Government and Study.com and Political Science 102: American government will end up coming in as the same course, so you have a duplicate there.
I searched deep to find out if Political Science 102 would transfer in to TESU as Civic Engagement and Awareness and found conflicting info so I took Sophia US Government to be safe. That is a bummer to hear about the college comp classes. I absolutely dread writing. Do all TECEP and ePack courses from TESU count as RA credit?
TECEPs and ePack courses count as RA credit at TESU. TECEPs would only count as credits for residency at TESU if you are active military.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
(05-11-2024, 12:39 PM)tcompy Wrote:
(05-10-2024, 08:14 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

I searched deep to find out if Political Science 102 would transfer in to TESU as Civic Engagement and Awareness and found conflicting info so I took Sophia US Government to be safe. That is a bummer to hear about the college comp classes. I absolutely dread writing. Do all TECEP and ePack courses from TESU count as RA credit?

To be clear, for UMPI, Sophia US Government and Study.com Political Science 102 would be a duplicate.

For TESU, Study.com Political Science 102 doesn't work for the Civic Engagement and Awareness requirement. For that requirement, you need Study.com Political Science 103: Comparative Politics or Sophia American Government.

The Wiki's are usually accurate, and once you enroll with TESU, you can also check with TESU advising to confirm courses will work for your degree requirements before you take them.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BACompSci Questions bughead 6 172 9 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 108 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 340 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 10 857 09-24-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
  TESU BA Psych experimental psychology requirement wow 7 259 09-19-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU computer science and information systems are the same degree Chann 9 682 09-19-2024, 10:29 AM
  Does TESU take Saylor Software Engineering as UL or LL? Jwheels27 7 516 09-18-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: Chann
  TESU Evaluation Chann 2 223 09-18-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Chann
  Pausing Enrollment at TESU bradonomics 6 268 09-18-2024, 01:09 AM
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 1 361 09-12-2024, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Vin