Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not enrolled yet, courses on ACE transcript still valid after changes made? (ALEKS)
Not sure exactly how to word this...with the current study.com UL psych credit issue, what is the likelihood of something you think you have credit for sitting on your ACE transcript being downgraded or changed later?

I'm thinking of ALEKS. If things change like them losing their status with ACE, or moving to requiring proctoring, but a student gets a class done (Intermediate Algebra) and accepted to her ACE transcript before 6/30 but said student is not yet enrolled, do you think that credit will stick down the road? I know you might say that it's possible TESU will change the degree requirements for a Psych degree and Intermediate Alg will no longer be enough. But we are hoping and praying she gets Int Alg done and can move on.

Just curious about past experiences with some of these online providers being downgraded or making significant changes and what that does to a course you have already completed but is not on a school transcript yet because you are not yet enrolled in said school.
Amy
BA in English at TESU - 2022
If the credit has been placed into ACE before the changes occur, there's nothing to worry about, it's been evaluated for credit and recommended by ACE.
If the changes has occurred, ACE will need to extend or renew their course recommendation, as long as it's still ACE recommended, you're golden.
It really doesn't matter what happens currently or down the road, get your game and plan in action, don't let it get in the way... continue onward.
Furthermore, if the courses were in TESU as UL, it should still be there until you do another evaluation, best to speak with an adviser from TESU.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
originalamyj Wrote:Not sure exactly how to word this...with the current study.com UL psych credit issue, what is the likelihood of something you think you have credit for sitting on your ACE transcript being downgraded or changed later?

I'm thinking of ALEKS. If things change like them losing their status with ACE, or moving to requiring proctoring, but a student gets a class done (Intermediate Algebra) and accepted to her ACE transcript before 6/30 but said student is not yet enrolled, do you think that credit will stick down the road? I know you might say that it's possible TESU will change the degree requirements for a Psych degree and Intermediate Alg will no longer be enough. But we are hoping and praying she gets Int Alg done and can move on.

Just curious about past experiences with some of these online providers being downgraded or making significant changes and what that does to a course you have already completed but is not on a school transcript yet because you are not yet enrolled in said school.

My comment isn't actually based on this however you should have your daughter work on all the Psych CLEPs over the summer instead of American History and Sociology. She can take Human Growth and Development, Introduction to Educational Psych and even the Lifespan Development Psychology DSST. They all play of one another and that is 9 credit she can knock out over the summer. Sociology is actually also listed as overlapping (which it does but not enough for me to consider it as such)
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
originalamyj Wrote:Not sure exactly how to word this...with the current study.com UL psych credit issue, what is the likelihood of something you think you have credit for sitting on your ACE transcript being downgraded or changed later?

What matters is that you take a course WHILE it is ACE-approved. If the course is no longer approved at some point in time, it doesn't matter (happens all the time, PF is a great example as their courses come and go). As long as you take a course during it's approved timeframe, you're fine.

I have courses on my ACE transcript that haven't been approved for many years. I took them in 2000/2001, the company not only stopped offering those courses for approval a few years later, but they came off of the ACE list altogether - and I was still able to have them added to my ACE transcript maybe 5 years ago.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Good to know! Thanks everyone!
Amy
BA in English at TESU - 2022

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 172 09-16-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 496,683 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Fastest Saylor courses? evadne 3 368 08-25-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 459 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Which UoPeople courses to transfer and where? ecdw94 23 5,150 06-30-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 11 1,333 06-26-2024, 02:52 PM
  SDC: Courses with Assignments legenwait4itdary 5 491 06-05-2024, 01:21 AM
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 9 1,475 05-15-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: B_Faust42
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 2 1,404 05-12-2024, 11:21 AM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 10,092 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn