Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SDC: Courses with Assignments
Hi guys,

I am glad to see that some courses on SDC will now include assignments (I think Into to Programming is one of the courses which will now include assignments) which I enjoy more than exams.

I am currently doing Business 303: Management Information Systems and have completed 2 assignments out of 3 (decent scores, was marked down 2 points for writing 3800 words instead of 1000 lol) which I actually enjoyed.

But I have a couple of questions:

1. My assignments well marked pretty quickly. The comments are legit and in line with what the good points/problems with my assignments were but they were marked rather quickly (I mean like half an hour or so). I got an email with my score and I was told to keep this email. Is it likely that my score for the assignments will change once I take the final and everything is once again verified?
2. Assignments + Quizzes are worth 200 points. Say I get a total of 180 for both. Does it mean that I need just 30 questions on my final to pass the course?

I am sorry if my questions sound stupid, I just want to have the whole picture of what is needed in order to pass courses that include assignments.

Thank you once again for your great help!
1. no they don’t change the scores unless you choose to resubmit
2. Yes
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • legenwait4itdary
(06-04-2024, 01:45 AM)jg_nuy Wrote: 1. no they don’t change the scores unless you choose to resubmit
2. Yes

Thank you! The grading was super fast. Like there was someone actually available right away and looked at my assignment right away. I am not complaining, just saying it was super quick.
1) All the points remain the same throughout the course, so if you do a certain % on the quizzes/exam, that doesn't change when you finish the course.
2) You need a total of 210 out of 300, it won't really matter how much you slice the pie from quizzes, exam, to assignments, it needs to add up.
There have been changes to Study.com, previously it was a week or two, nowadays, it can be much better or quicker. It also depends on a set of various factors...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you everyone for your responses. I have completed all 3 assignments and scored 92 points overall which I am very happy with. I overdid assignment 2 as it was close to 4000 words long.

It was a lot of work, though. I made sure I had a lot of resources and most of them were from very reliable sources (I also, as required, had peer-reviewed journals in all my assignments).

If you think you can ask ChatGPT to write the assignments for you, you are mistaken. They require a bit of research and references - something ChatGPT won't give you.

I also did the assignments before I did the lessons - for me, it worked better as I learned a lot by doing the assignments so now some of the lessons seem easier.

Overall, I am pretty happy and I am looking at 18-20 points on the final to pass the course which is pretty good Smile
Great stuff! I usually do the quizzes first, final second, then the assignments... people do things differently, others like to do the final last, whatever floats your boat and gets you to the finish line for the classes is the way you want to get things done. Good work in getting the class done your way...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • legenwait4itdary

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com History Courses lawqueen04 4 248 09-16-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 399 497,740 09-12-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Fastest Saylor courses? evadne 3 410 08-25-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Courses to TESU: No More List? SCYankee 2 482 08-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SCYankee
  Which UoPeople courses to transfer and where? ecdw94 23 5,241 06-30-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 11 1,372 06-26-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 9 1,523 05-15-2024, 05:03 AM
Last Post: B_Faust42
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 10,242 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 1,960 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 12,720 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat