Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Not enrolled yet, courses on ACE transcript still valid after changes made? (ALEKS) - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Main Category (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Main-Category)
+--- Forum: Saylor.org, Straighterline, Study.com, OnlineDegree.com, Sophia.Org Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Saylor-org-Straighterline-Study-com-OnlineDegree-com-Sophia-Org-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Not enrolled yet, courses on ACE transcript still valid after changes made? (ALEKS) (/Thread-Not-enrolled-yet-courses-on-ACE-transcript-still-valid-after-changes-made-ALEKS)

Not enrolled yet, courses on ACE transcript still valid after changes made? (ALEKS) - originalamyj - 06-21-2017

Not sure exactly how to word this...with the current study.com UL psych credit issue, what is the likelihood of something you think you have credit for sitting on your ACE transcript being downgraded or changed later?

I'm thinking of ALEKS. If things change like them losing their status with ACE, or moving to requiring proctoring, but a student gets a class done (Intermediate Algebra) and accepted to her ACE transcript before 6/30 but said student is not yet enrolled, do you think that credit will stick down the road? I know you might say that it's possible TESU will change the degree requirements for a Psych degree and Intermediate Alg will no longer be enough. But we are hoping and praying she gets Int Alg done and can move on.

Just curious about past experiences with some of these online providers being downgraded or making significant changes and what that does to a course you have already completed but is not on a school transcript yet because you are not yet enrolled in said school.

Not enrolled yet, courses on ACE transcript still valid after changes made? (ALEKS) - bjcheung77 - 06-21-2017

If the credit has been placed into ACE before the changes occur, there's nothing to worry about, it's been evaluated for credit and recommended by ACE.
If the changes has occurred, ACE will need to extend or renew their course recommendation, as long as it's still ACE recommended, you're golden.
It really doesn't matter what happens currently or down the road, get your game and plan in action, don't let it get in the way... continue onward.
Furthermore, if the courses were in TESU as UL, it should still be there until you do another evaluation, best to speak with an adviser from TESU.

Not enrolled yet, courses on ACE transcript still valid after changes made? (ALEKS) - Synicaal - 06-21-2017

originalamyj Wrote:Not sure exactly how to word this...with the current study.com UL psych credit issue, what is the likelihood of something you think you have credit for sitting on your ACE transcript being downgraded or changed later?

I'm thinking of ALEKS. If things change like them losing their status with ACE, or moving to requiring proctoring, but a student gets a class done (Intermediate Algebra) and accepted to her ACE transcript before 6/30 but said student is not yet enrolled, do you think that credit will stick down the road? I know you might say that it's possible TESU will change the degree requirements for a Psych degree and Intermediate Alg will no longer be enough. But we are hoping and praying she gets Int Alg done and can move on.

Just curious about past experiences with some of these online providers being downgraded or making significant changes and what that does to a course you have already completed but is not on a school transcript yet because you are not yet enrolled in said school.

My comment isn't actually based on this however you should have your daughter work on all the Psych CLEPs over the summer instead of American History and Sociology. She can take Human Growth and Development, Introduction to Educational Psych and even the Lifespan Development Psychology DSST. They all play of one another and that is 9 credit she can knock out over the summer. Sociology is actually also listed as overlapping (which it does but not enough for me to consider it as such)

Not enrolled yet, courses on ACE transcript still valid after changes made? (ALEKS) - dfrecore - 06-21-2017

originalamyj Wrote:Not sure exactly how to word this...with the current study.com UL psych credit issue, what is the likelihood of something you think you have credit for sitting on your ACE transcript being downgraded or changed later?

What matters is that you take a course WHILE it is ACE-approved. If the course is no longer approved at some point in time, it doesn't matter (happens all the time, PF is a great example as their courses come and go). As long as you take a course during it's approved timeframe, you're fine.

I have courses on my ACE transcript that haven't been approved for many years. I took them in 2000/2001, the company not only stopped offering those courses for approval a few years later, but they came off of the ACE list altogether - and I was still able to have them added to my ACE transcript maybe 5 years ago.

Not enrolled yet, courses on ACE transcript still valid after changes made? (ALEKS) - originalamyj - 06-21-2017

Good to know! Thanks everyone!