Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Goal: BS IT-Security at WGU.
Another course completed tonight, 3 more units down (and a really useless web design cert to add to my resume)!

Now I'm on to learning some Python programming basics, hopefully done in a couple weeks.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Scripting and Programming Foundations is in the books! Another 3 CU to mark off.

My next course is going to be a dry boring slog, but I really need to master the concepts because it leads into a future course that is satisfied by a certification, so I really need to buckle down on this one. I'm bummed because it's going to slow down my pace a bit... But so it goes.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Do you have to take Project+?
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

ajs1976 Wrote:Do you have to take Project+?

I will at some point. I might eat these words because I haven't looked into the exam objectives, but I imagine that'll be pretty easy and straightforward. Working in IT and helping with various projects should have exposed me to enough to go through the study material quickly.

We'll see.

Probably shouldn't have jinxed myself like that.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

If you have any exposure to real PMs it should be easy. I took it when I was planning to go to WGU which was before I found COSC. I think I studied the Sybex book lightly for two weeks before taking it.
Andy

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics

Sweet, that's what I was hoping for. Thanks.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Fourth course down! I've hit what WGU calls "On Time Progress," or the minimum amount of CUs they want you to complete in a 6 month term. I'm less than a month and a half in, so I'm happy to be plugging along.

This class took me a little longer, for a number of reasons. A lot of it was just me being lazy because I wasn't enjoying the topic. But about 2 weeks on a course isn't too bad.

The next course is an industry certification course, so it'll probably take me even longer to complete. But I'm not too worried about speeding through these terms, so I need to re-learn that it's okay to take some time on these like a normal student, not like us over-achievers on the forums Smile

60 CUs in the books.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Why so many CUs in 60? Did you not transfer in the 90 and then only need 30? Don't mean that as negative, just hopping that's what I can do if I go that route after a TESU degree. I would figur with he BA you'd only need a small amount. Again, not being negative just trying to see if I'm going to have to do a large amount like this as well although I'll probably just aim for the regular IT degree with no concentration. By the way I love seeing these stories about WGU from you as it's keeping me interested in them.
Which cert? Do you spend any time at techexams? A lot of good cert discussion there.
Andy

Current Degree Plan

tsimmns Wrote:Why so many CUs in 60? Did you not transfer in the 90 and then only need 30? Don't mean that as negative, just hopping that's what I can do if I go that route after a TESU degree. I would figur with he BA you'd only need a small amount. Again, not being negative just trying to see if I'm going to have to do a large amount like this as well although I'll probably just aim for the regular IT degree with no concentration. By the way I love seeing these stories about WGU from you as it's keeping me interested in them.

I transferred in about 40% of the WGU program, 47 out of 123 CUs. That's not too much, but obviously there's not a lot of overlap between Psych and IT. The BA automatically cleared all of the Gen Ed requirements, even some of the ones that there was no direct equivalent for -- sort of like a block transfer. That was 36 CUs. My A+ certification cleared up another two courses, a total of 8 CUs. And Study.com Organizational Behavior cleared up another 3 CU course.

I could have transferred in more by doing a few more ACE credits (or other certs if I wanted to pay for something WGU would pay for anyway), but I have no incentive to do so. My job will reimburse 100% tuition, but not certs or ACE. That's why I don't have any qualms going slowly.

ajs1976 Wrote:Which cert? Do you spend any time at techexams? A lot of good cert discussion there.

Net+. I know it's simple but certs still stress me out. Ive been to TechExams but don't really spend much time there. I spend more time on Reddit subs for tech stuff.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU - Network Engineering and Security B.S. Which path should I take? Brandon.Thomas.Downer 4 788 11-11-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Brandon.Thomas.Downer
  Career Question, Business Management or Cyber Security? Oneautumn7 22 1,749 08-06-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Oneautumn7
  WGU Computer Science degree vs Cyber security indigoshuffle 8 2,227 01-10-2023, 10:01 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  New BS in Network Engineering & Security on its way raekwon 12 2,768 07-05-2022, 03:36 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  BS IT Security at Western Governors University (WGU BSITSECU) Strategy help timmmay 19 6,030 01-12-2019, 07:24 PM
Last Post: timmmay
  I'm done (again)!! BS IT Security, WGU jsd 14 7,929 08-21-2018, 10:45 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Documenting My Journey: WGU BSIT-Security Thorne 79 22,070 01-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Thorne
  WGU for IT Security Degree? Calling all IT guru's marianne202 3 1,056 07-02-2014, 01:22 PM
Last Post: stretcharmy