Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Help Mapping Two AA Degrees
BriTheUnknownCompanion Wrote:Ok! Thank you so much! Smile

PS- My daughter is a huge Doctor Who fan.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Your daughter is awesome. Smile I have another question. What type of BA would you suggest for someone like me and get my 24 TECEPS?
BriTheUnknownCompanion Wrote:Your daughter is awesome. Smile I have another question. What type of BA would you suggest for someone like me and get my 24 TECEPS?

Thanks. She definitely IS awesome.

It all depends on what you want to do as a career, your goals, etc. Do you want to get a grad degree? Do you want to be a CPA? Do you want to be a substitute teacher? When you know what you want to do in life, then you need to find out what people who are successful in that are doing, and then you can map out a similar plan for yourself.

I understand from operalady that you are into the humanities. I love the humanities, but they don't really pay the bills, so you need to think about what you want and need out of life.

Just for disclosure, are you an adult or minor?

Let me know what type of degree and either me or another awesome member on here will chime in.

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Okay, trying to work through some of this for my own children. I checked out the links Rebel100 posted for TESC's AA requirements as well as the breakdowns for CLEP and DSST exams (how they fit into TESC's categories).

I didn't see any exams specifically listed that would satisfy TESC's requirement B. Personal and Social Responsibility. Yet I am sure some of those exams would qualify. Prloko's example above shows some CLEPs and DSSTs fulfilling that category (confirming my suspicions!). I must be missing something or not totally understanding what I do see.

How do I find this information so I can figure this out for my own children? TIA
This is another helpful list. Cross reference the exam code with the course code listed. General Education Courses
Got it - thank you!

... Another quick question (just to be sure I understand this correctly)

CLEP College Mathematics looks like this on TESC's site:

MAT-102/103-CE College Mathematics (General)

I don't see a TESC MAT class numbered 102 or 103. But does the word "General" tacked on the end there mean that although TESC doesn't have a specific class equivalent to CLEP College Math, they would count it as a math class under the general education requirements?
It is listed on my evaluation under general education.
wombat777 Wrote:I didn't see any exams specifically listed that would satisfy TESC's requirement B. Personal and Social Responsibility. Yet I am sure some of those exams would qualify. Prloko's example above shows some CLEPs and DSSTs fulfilling that category (confirming my suspicions!). I must be missing something or not totally understanding what I do see.

As UptonSinclair mentioned, there are several TECEPs that meet the requirement. The plans above were only for illustration purposes for the specific students in mind. If you still need help, let me know.

PrLoko-isms

Prloko Wrote:As UptonSinclair mentioned, there are several TECEPs that meet the requirement. The plans above were only for illustration purposes for the specific students in mind. If you still need help, let me know.

Thanks again, everyone. We're back to this thread for planning.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
welcome back. make sure you search around because a couple things have changed for tesc since you've been gone.

PrLoko-isms

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Degrees and Middle East Countries laoshijeff 5 3,098 09-01-2018, 12:46 PM
Last Post: teacher2
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,998 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,631 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU MULTPLE DEGREES docmarvin 24 5,247 06-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Last Post: docmarvin
  Any spreadsheets for Associate's degrees? xjarhead1999 20 4,528 03-18-2018, 12:02 PM
Last Post: xjarhead1999
  BSBA-GM TESU Mapping - Please advise countbyfives 4 1,469 02-14-2018, 05:38 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help In getting a Degree/Degrees former Navy Rustydroid 8 2,192 01-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  TESU - New Certificates/Degrees (IT)! bjcheung77 8 2,249 11-06-2017, 01:50 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  What big-3 degrees can be earned with just Shmoop.com courses? Pelican 2 3,023 11-05-2017, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Associate Degrees at TESU rlw74 5 2,027 10-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: rlw74