Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Mostly) Free Master of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership
(Yesterday, 01:58 PM)Bingbong Wrote:
(Yesterday, 11:09 AM)newdegree Wrote:
(10-04-2024, 11:54 PM)FireMedic_Philosopher Wrote:
(10-02-2024, 04:09 PM)Bingbong Wrote: I recently enrolled in the self paced tuition free PhD in Biblical Studies program. So far, so good. It costs $25 to register, and there is a fee of $250 I think at the end of the program.

Just remember, it is unaccredited. So be careful about putting it on (or deciding to leave it off) a resume.

(10-05-2024, 03:26 PM)Bingbong Wrote:
(10-02-2024, 04:09 PM)Bingbong Wrote: I recently enrolled in the self paced tuition free PhD in Biblical Studies program. So far, so good. It costs $25 to register, and there is a fee of $250 I think at the end of the program.

Just remember, it is unaccredited. So be careful about putting it on (or deciding to leave it off) a resume.

Yes I’m aware, can’t go wrong with the price. I will definitely be adding to my resume and the letters after my name.

So from what I am reading here you really want the degree to put "letters after your name" ? Just curious why what is the goal here ? Trying to score a new job , promotion, or just to boost your credentials?

I’m actually enjoying the content, and if it leads to “letters after my name” then so be it,  Not sure what I’m going to do with the degree yet, probably teach if that’s an option.

(10-06-2024, 09:17 AM)DeanLewis Wrote:

Yes I’m aware, can’t go wrong with the price. I will definitely be adding to my resume and the letters after my name.

The problem here isnt just the lack of accreditation, as no doubt there are unaccredited outfits that offer quality education. The issue is that these degrees are essentially diploma mill programs, with insufficient instruction, measurement, or duration. The "PhD" program in particular is a total joke.

Out of curiosity, are you also enrolled in this program?

I am not sure how well respected that degree will be in the academic field besides maybe teaching at a local church Sunday school. I wish you the best on your journey to seek "letters after your name." I respect your education decision, but I know that employers and academic institutions will look at an unaccredited degree negatively.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(Yesterday, 03:07 PM)newdegree Wrote:

(10-04-2024, 11:54 PM)FireMedic_Philosopher Wrote: Just remember, it is unaccredited. So be careful about putting it on (or deciding to leave it off) a resume.

So from what I am reading here you really want the degree to put "letters after your name" ? Just curious why what is the goal here ? Trying to score a new job , promotion, or just to boost your credentials?

I’m actually enjoying the content, and if it leads to “letters after my name” then so be it,  Not sure what I’m going to do with the degree yet, probably teach if that’s an option.

(10-04-2024, 11:54 PM)FireMedic_Philosopher Wrote: Just remember, it is unaccredited. So be careful about putting it on (or deciding to leave it off) a resume.

The problem here isnt just the lack of accreditation, as no doubt there are unaccredited outfits that offer quality education. The issue is that these degrees are essentially diploma mill programs, with insufficient instruction, measurement, or duration. The "PhD" program in particular is a total joke.

I am not sure how well respected that degree will be in the academic field besides maybe teaching at a local church Sunday school. I wish you the best on your journey to seek "letters after your name." I respect your education decision, but I know that employers and academic institutions will look at a unaccredited degree negatively.

Thanks. This will sit nicely next to my current PhD and DBA. Have a great day!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bingbong's post:
  • GoNo
(8 hours ago)Bingbong Wrote:

(10-05-2024, 03:26 PM)Bingbong Wrote: Yes I’m aware, can’t go wrong with the price. I will definitely be adding to my resume and the letters after my name.

(10-05-2024, 03:26 PM)Bingbong Wrote: Yes I’m aware, can’t go wrong with the price. I will definitely be adding to my resume and the letters after my name.

I am not sure how well respected that degree will be in the academic field besides maybe teaching at a local church Sunday school. I wish you the best on your journey to seek "letters after your name." I respect your education decision, but I know that employers and academic institutions will look at a unaccredited degree negatively.

I am sure it will;  hopefully, they are accredited as well. Have a fantastic day, and best of luck with your next degree.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
(4 hours ago)newdegree Wrote:
(8 hours ago)Bingbong Wrote:
(Yesterday, 11:09 AM)newdegree Wrote: So from what I am reading here you really want the degree to put "letters after your name" ? Just curious why what is the goal here ? Trying to score a new job , promotion, or just to boost your credentials?

(10-06-2024, 09:17 AM)DeanLewis Wrote: The problem here isnt just the lack of accreditation, as no doubt there are unaccredited outfits that offer quality education. The issue is that these degrees are essentially diploma mill programs, with insufficient instruction, measurement, or duration. The "PhD" program in particular is a total joke.

I am sure it will;  hopefully, they are accredited as well. Have a fantastic day, and best of luck with your next degree.

Yes they are. Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,268 747,022 2 hours ago
Last Post: Jujubee1990
  CLEA Masstercursos master course paddyqr 55 9,764 10-01-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Clubes72
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 14 1,707 09-23-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 31 13,176 09-23-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Geonho Lee
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 185 20,473 09-22-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 1,016 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 255 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 677 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No Bachelor's Degree Required for Master of Taxation sanantone 2 1,600 08-19-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Nearly half of master degree programs have no ROI sanantone 8 1,651 08-19-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings