Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Mostly) Free Master of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership
You have a year to finish the program

https://www.queenstheology.org/mmin
Cost of Attendance
There are no tuition or textbook costs for this program, but these fees do apply. 
Diploma - $250
Standard Shipping: $0
Diploma Priority Shipping: $45
International Shipping: $75
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025
MLM - Elmwood Inst. - June 2025

Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA

Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors -PC&TC  8/2021
ASBA (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes TINASAM's post:
  • jb111
And lacking any form of accreditation.

https://www.queenstheology.org/legal
It's approved by the state to offer religious degrees, and the total cost of education is almost free. Last month, I talk more about Queens College of Theology in the following post.

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid422048
Completed:

Master's Degree, Coaching & Emotional Intelligence, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Business Administration, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Management, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel 1
Professional Certificate, IT Support, Google
Professional Certificate, Cybersecurity Analyst, IBM
Bachelor's Degree, Liberal Studies (Management Minor), University of Maine @ Presque Isle
Honors Certificate, Business Writing, University of Colorado
Certificate, Inclusive Leadership, University of Colorado
Master Herbalist Certification, Academy of Natural Health Sciences

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kal Di's post:
  • Vle045
(07-09-2024, 04:46 PM)Courcelles Wrote: And lacking any form of accreditation.  

https://www.queenstheology.org/legal

I'm under the impression the vast majority of theology and ministry degrees lack accreditation because you are getting a religious ordination and degree. Schools that do accreditation don't offer ordination and biblical ministry.

Just wanted to share, if it doesn't work for you, move on.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025
MLM - Elmwood Inst. - June 2025

Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA

Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors -PC&TC  8/2021
ASBA (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 2 users Like TINASAM's post:
  • RachelB, Vle045
The norm is to become ordained by the board of a denomination or a pastor at a non-denominational church. There are many theology and ministry programs at accredited institutions, but they're not intended to be preparation for clergy. The MDiv is the standard. Theology is for academic teaching, research, and further study. Ministry degrees are often marketed to people who don't want to become ordained, except for the DMin. The DMin is a professional doctorate for clergy.

If you're interested in becoming ordained by just any organization, one can do that without a degree.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(07-09-2024, 04:23 PM)TINASAM Wrote: You have a year to finish the program

https://www.queenstheology.org/mmin
Cost of Attendance
There are no tuition or textbook costs for this program, but these fees do apply. 
Diploma - $250
Standard Shipping: $0
Diploma Priority Shipping: $45
International Shipping: $75
Do they allow one to finish as fast as they can?
So I enrolled in QCT just to see what was up. I note that the platform is really nice, and they seem to be wanting what they do to have some integrity (verifying identities for enrollmnet, issuing credentials through parchment etc).

And perhaps at the masters level, its commensurate with the type of work one might do at some divinity schools. But, most of the faculty's bona fides are from their own outfit, or a similar/copycat unaccredited institution offering "life experience" degrees.

Their free "PhD in Theology" program in total has less work required than any single doctoral class. The final project (which is the only significant amount of output) is a brief literature review (a couple pages in length) and the submission of evidence of "four sermons."

The "degree" is largely just watching videos and occasionally commenting on one two in an open forum, a few open resource quizzes based on the videos, and the "final project" as noted above.

I would conclude by saying that the road to hell is definitely paved with good intentions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeanLewis's post:
  • ltw900rr
They may have their antenna up.

I attempted to enroll out of curiosity and was told that without a pastoral background I was ineligible. The gist I got is that the two programs are (intended) to be reserved for actual clergy who can't afford better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FireMedic_Philosopher's post:
  • DeanLewis
I enrolled and its mostly video and text lessons. Pretty good information though, I definitely learned some things about the history of Christianity. Not much to lose from trying it imho
(08-15-2024, 04:00 PM)DatPanther Wrote: I enrolled and its mostly video and text lessons. Pretty good information though, I definitely learned some things about the history of Christianity. Not much to lose from trying it imho
Out of curiosity, do you have a church background? 

I was informed via email that I was prohibited from enrolling due to not being a pastor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,187 709,857 8 hours ago
Last Post: LegalEagle
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 11 1,102 09-04-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 177 17,480 09-04-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: mdel210201
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 877 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 196 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 608 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No Bachelor's Degree Required for Master of Taxation sanantone 2 1,536 08-19-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Nearly half of master degree programs have no ROI sanantone 8 1,537 08-19-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  Journey - UK Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership OtterDen 12 1,377 08-05-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Georgia Tech Master of Science in Analytics Kjnova 2 468 08-05-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Kjnova