Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan State MS/PhD (High transfer credit, low tuition)
I just came upon Morgan State University's College of Interdisciplinary & Continuing Studies, which offers MS and PhD completion programs (basically allow for many transfer credits). They offer distance learning and at a low tuition rate of $473/credit. It doesnt say if they are fully online, but courses are online.

For an MS, you can transfer 12 credits out of 30 and for a PhD you can transfer 18 out of 36. One can get an RA MS or PhD for under $10k!

Interdisciplinary Master's Degree Programs
  1. M.S. in Interdisciplinary Health and Human Sciences
  2. M.S. in Interdisciplinary Sciences
  3. M.S. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Information, and Computational Sciences
  4. M.S. in Interdisciplinary Journalism and Mass Communication
  5. M.S. in Interdisciplinary Organizational Policy, Governance, and Administration
Interdisciplinary Doctoral Degree Programs
  1. Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Health and Human Sciences
  2. Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Sciences
  3. Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Engineering, Information, and Computational Sciences
  4. Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Journalism and Mass Communication
  5. Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Organizational Policy, Governance, and Administration

Program Info: https://www.morgan.edu/cics/programs
Tuition info: https://www.morgan.edu/college-of-interd...n-and-fees
[-] The following 5 users Like NotJoeBiden's post:
  • jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, Messdiener, sanantone, withrown
I requested information about the PhD in policy, governance, and administration last night. I will share anything that seems useful to others from what I hear.

Thanks very much NotJoeBiden for posting this!  

Have you requested information about these degrees/are you considering one of these, NotJoe?
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 2 users Like freeloader's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, NotJoeBiden
(09-04-2024, 08:28 AM)freeloader Wrote: I requested information about the PhD in policy, governance, and administration last night. I will share anything that seems useful to others from what I hear.

Have you requested information about these degrees/are you considering one of these, NotJoe?

I have not yet. I was just looking programs to let me finishing an abd PhD in engineering. I like how their degree is interdisciplinary rather than a single field which adds more flexibility to tailoring the degree than other engineering programs I have seen.

It looks like it was developed during the height of the pandemic as a way to help people finish degrees remotely, so it might still be fairly new.

I look forward to hearing more about it from you! If it is as good as they say, it will give Capitol Technology University some much needed competition.
-
Joe
[-] The following 1 user Likes NotJoeBiden's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley
(09-04-2024, 08:28 AM)freeloader Wrote: I requested information about the PhD in policy, governance, and administration last night. I will share anything that seems useful to others from what I hear.

Please keep us posted. I noticed the admission requirement states, "Minimum Admission Criteria

The Interdisciplinary Doctoral Degree Programs are for students who have reached the "All but Dissertation" (ABD) status."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stonybeach's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
(09-04-2024, 11:02 AM)Stonybeach Wrote:

Please keep us posted. I noticed the admission requirement states, "Minimum Admission Criteria

The Interdisciplinary Doctoral Degree Programs are for students who have reached the "All But Disseration" (ABD) status."

I meet the other requirements (MS) and have over 12 credits in doctoral study for transfer but I am not "ABD."

Most colleges do not list ABD on transcripts. They might list a defense or something similar, but the ABD status is not an official designation, so I suspect there is some flexibility.
-
Joe
[-] The following 1 user Likes NotJoeBiden's post:
  • Stonybeach
Great find! Wish I would have seen this one, it would be a great reason for an east coast train trip.
COSC AS 2019 - completed
COSC BSBA 2020 - completed
Cumberland School of Law M.S.L 2022 - completed
UA - MS Hospitality Management 2024 - completed
WWU - DBA 2026 - in progress

#GOACORNS
#GOBULLDOGS
#ROLLTIDE
[-] The following 1 user Likes withrown's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
Hmm, I wonder if the UK Level 8 diplomas from CMI, OTHM, Qualifi would work for this, as they are doctorate level studies and they ladder into optional UK doctoral degrees afterwards... Interesting to see what this institution would say for those who apply...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Messdiener, NotJoeBiden
Maybe a VUL degree will work for ABD since the program didn’t have one.
Degrees In Progress:
EVMS Doctor of Health Science
Completed Degrees:
Doctor of Healthcare Administration Dec 2021 
Masters of Business Administration July 2022
Masters of Public Administration '19
Masters of Arts in Urban Affairs '17
Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice '16
Bachelors of Science in Police Studies '14
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Criminal Investigations '15
"In general, college-level courses completed at regionally accredited institutions will transfer, provided the course is similar in scope, content, and level to courses offered at Morgan State University and a grade of “D” or higher is earned. The acceptance of transfer courses and credits is contingent upon the accreditation status of the college or university during the student's enrollment." https://www.morgan.edu/college-of-interd...er-credits
Unlikely,
1. VUL is TRACS accredited although a sister HBCU.
2. VUL accreditation on "probation."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stonybeach's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
(09-04-2024, 11:11 AM)NotJoeBiden Wrote:
(09-04-2024, 11:02 AM)Stonybeach Wrote:

The Interdisciplinary Doctoral Degree Programs are for students who have reached the "All But Disseration" (ABD) status."

I meet the other requirements (MS) and have over 12 credits in doctoral study for transfer but I am not "ABD."

Most colleges do not list ABD on transcripts. They might list a defense or something similar, but the ABD status is not an official designation, so I suspect there is some flexibility.
My transcript says "PHD Candidacy Reached" and has a date for when I reached ABD or, "candidacy", as my school called it, meaning I had met my coursework, exams, proposal defense, and teaching requirements.  Dissertation, well, that was a different matter and why I am not Dr. Freeloader...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 11 1,102 09-04-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inexpensive Sources for Transfer Credits for MSW Lydclrk 10 1,082 06-23-2024, 10:12 PM
  Graduate Schools that accept the most transfer credits sanantone 68 19,632 06-11-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Do any of the college certificates count as college credit? mdel210201 9 864 06-06-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: mdel210201
  ENEB with only a high school diploma? sackovic 3 818 05-17-2024, 02:13 AM
  TESU - Exploring Degree Options with Tuition Assistance Lightorb333 8 646 04-20-2024, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 980 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 1,158 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 1,252 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Graduate transfer credits David1477 10 1,567 03-03-2024, 02:05 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy