Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSCS / MSAI - from an NA Bsc (UoPeople)
ok (sorry I tried searching extensively, the search function returns everything).
My goal:
MSAI (first), MSCS (second).

Requirements:
1. Regionally accredited. (US only).
2. Highest QS (general QS not CS QS, due to my region view on US degrees) ranking first possible and then lower.
3. ~10k usd or 10-15 (no more cause that gonna be tight).

My problem:
I'm a UoPeople undergrad (I did not know about NA and RA when I signed up, also all I could afford at the time). Even though I have a GPA of 4.0 ..etc, my application is not even making it to the admission phase, rejected outright due to NA.
Gatech OMCS (no accept non regional).
UTAustin MSAI (same).

next option I'm looking at is Purdue new MSAI but at 933 usd a credit and requiring 30 credits, that's a bit heavy on budget. same for CU.

Before I look at TESU and cheap stuff, any possibility there exists a good QS ranked regional Uni that offers MSAI or MSCS in my budget?

Thanking You,
At the tail end of your budget is University of Colorado-Boulder's MS in Computer Science via Coursera. It's performance-based admissions which doesn't require transcripts or a degree at all and its $15,750 in total: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ms-comp...ce-boulder

It ranks 320 on the QS 2025 World Rankings: https://yocket.com/universities/universi...9/rankings

Though its also worth it to explore whether completing a quick general degree via UMPI/WGU (such as liberal arts) in one session will qualify you to apply to GT or UT-Austin due to having a regionally accredited Bachelor's, and then you use your UoP CS degree as qualification to fulfill the CS prerequisites in order to enter the program. Its worth it to send an email to those institutions as to if that would be sufficient to be admitted to those programs.
Not sure whether SNHU accepts NA credits, I believe at least SNHU US does. If so, one option would be to transfer 75% to SNHU and finish RA degree with them, making sure to study subjects GATECH requires there, then apply to GATECH again. It would still come cheaper than anything else I guess. Not SNHU US but SNHU India https://in.snhu.edu/ as the cost is way lower but degree same. However, even if SNHU US accepts, SNHU India is space unexplored, their opinions on transferability could differ...
(Yesterday, 03:09 PM)somethingdudesomething Wrote: ok (sorry I tried searching extensively, the search function returns everything).
My goal:

Requirements:
2. Highest QS (general QS not CS QS, due to my region view on US degrees) ranking first possible and then lower.

My problem:
I'm a UoPeople undergrad (I did not know about NA and RA when I signed up, also all I could afford at the time). Even though I have a GPA of 4.0 ..etc, my application is not even making it to the admission phase, rejected outright due to NA.
UTAustin MSAI (same).

next option I'm looking at is Purdue new MSAI but at 933 usd a credit and requiring 30 credits, that's a bit heavy on budget. same for CU.

Before I look at TESU and cheap stuff, any possibility there exists a good QS ranked regional Uni that offers MSAI or MSCS in my budget?

Thanking You,

Hi there!
I understand your concerns about budget constraints and regional accreditation. While it seems tough finding a suitable option within the US, I wanted to suggest looking into a program in Germany that might align with your goals and budget. The University of Lübeck (Germany) offers a Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence that is fully accredited and can be completed entirely online, which could work well for your needs. Here's the link to the program page.
Some key points about the program:
  • It's a part-time AI Master's degree, allowing you to study while working (though it's recommended not to work full-time so you can balance the study load). The duration of the program is 6 terms/semesters.
  • There are no student fees for this program, just a one-time enrollment fee of €65 and a semester fee of ~€280 (which converts to around $300 USD per semester). This makes it extremely affordable compared to most US programs.
  • The program requires a Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields), at least 1 year of relevant work experience in in the field of software-engineering, project management or system-engineering, and proficiency in English (minimum B2 level).
Additionally, the next application period will be open from 15th November 2024 to 15th January 2025 for the summer term 2025. You can submit your application through the University of Lübeck’s application portal. Here’s the link to create an account and apply.
Given the minimal cost and flexible nature, this program might be a good fit if you're open to international degrees. Plus, you could end up with savings for other needs, all while earning a degree from a respected university. I've also attached the module information for the AI Master's program so you can take a closer look at the specific courses and topics covered.
Hope this helps, and feel free to ask if you need more info!

Attached Files
.pdf   Yesterday, 09:39 PM">modulhandbuch_master_artificial_intelligence_2023_en.pdf (Size: 666.24 KB / Downloads: 6)
[-] The following 2 users Like kumamon's post:
  • fmsoa, Messdiener
(Yesterday, 09:39 PM)kumamon Wrote:
(Yesterday, 03:09 PM)somethingdudesomething Wrote: ok (sorry I tried searching extensively, the search function returns everything).
My goal:

Requirements:

My problem:
UTAustin MSAI (same).

Thanking You,

Hi there!
I understand your concerns about budget constraints and regional accreditation. While it seems tough finding a suitable option within the US, I wanted to suggest looking into a program in Germany that might align with your goals and budget. The University of Lübeck (Germany) offers a Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence that is fully accredited and can be completed entirely online, which could work well for your needs. Here's the link to the program page.
  • It's a part-time AI Master's degree, allowing you to study while working (though it's recommended not to work full-time so you can balance the study load). The duration of the program is 6 terms/semesters.
  • There are no student fees for this program, just a one-time enrollment fee of €65 and a semester fee of ~€280 (which converts to around $300 USD per semester). This makes it extremely affordable compared to most US programs.
  • The program requires a Bachelor's degree (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields), at least 1 year of relevant work experience in in the field of software-engineering, project management or system-engineering, and proficiency in English (minimum B2 level).
Additionally, the next application period will be open from 15th November 2024 to 15th January 2025 for the summer term 2025. You can submit your application through the University of Lübeck’s application portal. Here’s the link to create an account and apply.
Given the minimal cost and flexible nature, this program might be a good fit if you're open to international degrees. Plus, you could end up with savings for other needs, all while earning a degree from a respected university. I've also attached the module information for the AI Master's program so you can take a closer look at the specific courses and topics covered.

That's a fantastic program and I'm surprised it isn't given more attention on this forum. But Germany only accepts RA US degrees. So, I'm 90% sure that he won't be admitted with the UoPeople undergrad degree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes David1477's post:
  • somethingdudesomething
(Yesterday, 03:36 PM)karehiro Wrote: At the tail end of your budget is University of Colorado-Boulder's MS in Computer Science via Coursera. It's performance-based admissions which doesn't require transcripts or a degree at all and its $15,750 in total: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ms-comp...ce-boulder

It ranks 320 on the QS 2025 World Rankings: https://yocket.com/universities/universi...9/rankings

Though its also worth it to explore whether completing a quick general degree via UMPI/WGU (such as liberal arts) in one session will qualify you to apply to GT or UT-Austin due to having a regionally accredited Bachelor's, and then you use your UoP CS degree as qualification to fulfill the CS prerequisites in order to enter the program. Its worth it to send an email to those institutions as to if that would be sufficient to be admitted to those programs.

It's in my sheet, would mostly go for it, but tbh with this ranking the cheaper ones would make more sense (TESU..etc). Thanks.
(Yesterday, 04:02 PM)Tomas Wrote: Not sure whether SNHU accepts NA credits, I believe at least SNHU US does. If so, one option would be to transfer 75% to SNHU and finish RA degree with them, making sure to study subjects GATECH requires there, then apply to GATECH again. It would still come cheaper than anything else I guess. Not SNHU US but SNHU India https://in.snhu.edu/ as the cost is way lower but degree same. However, even if SNHU US accepts, SNHU India is space unexplored, their opinions on transferability could differ...
I don't want to go through undergrad studies again, and tbh this option crossed my mind but even then no guarantee OMSCS or UTAustin would accept.
(Yesterday, 09:39 PM)kumamon Wrote:
My goal:

Requirements:

My problem:
UTAustin MSAI (same).

Thanking You,

Hi there!

Sounds great will check it out, I'd rather not exit the US credit system though. Furthermore, as another posted out, UoPeople is not in the "thingie, anabin?" database, I forget, multiple undergrads tried to apply there didn't work out. In that regard the UK seems much more open to accepting UoPeople degrees, but still rather still stay in the US.

So the conesus so far it seems as my own searches returned, nope, only good ones are OMSCS and UTAustin and the rest are ~30k plus each, then both ranking and cost goes down.

Dodgy welp.
(9 hours ago)somethingdudesomething Wrote: Sounds great will check it out, I'd rather not exit the US credit system though. Furthermore, as another posted out, UoPeople is not in the "thingie, anabin?" database, I forget, multiple undergrads tried to apply there didn't work out. In that regard the UK seems much more open to accepting UoPeople degrees, but still rather still stay in the US.

So the conesus so far it seems as my own searches returned, nope, only good ones are OMSCS and UTAustin and the rest are ~30k plus each, then both ranking and cost goes down.

Dodgy welp.

Sorry to hear about the challenges with UoPeople in Germany. I wasn’t aware of their status with Anabin either. Considering your budget, I’d like to suggest another option: Taylor’s University in Malaysia. They offer a Master of Applied Computing (MAC) program, which can be completed online. Here's the link to the program page.
The program blends theoretical foundations with practical applications, focusing on creativity, critical thinking, and problem-solving. Taylor's University is ranked Top 70 for Data Science & AI (QS Subject Rankings 2024) and is among the world’s top 1% of universities. It's also the #1 private university in Southeast Asia for five consecutive years (QS World University Rankings 2025). They rank #41 in Asia (2024 QS Asia University Rankings) and #251 in the world (QS World University Rankings).
The best part is their 5-star rating for online learning, which acknowledges their dedication to creating engaging and effective education. The total program fee is around USD 10,570–11,071.
I think this will fit your budget while offering a high-quality education.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kumamon's post:
  • fmsoa
There's a rumor on r/WGU that there will be an MSAI coming out February 2025.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lisarox's post:
  • fmsoa
(9 hours ago)somethingdudesomething Wrote:
(Yesterday, 03:36 PM)karehiro Wrote: At the tail end of your budget is University of Colorado-Boulder's MS in Computer Science via Coursera. It's performance-based admissions which doesn't require transcripts or a degree at all and its $15,750 in total: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/ms-comp...ce-boulder

It's in my sheet, would mostly go for it, but tbh with this ranking the cheaper ones would make more sense (TESU..etc). Thanks.

Did you read my last paragraph? If you wanted one of those two programs why don't you just email them to see if your UotP CS degree can fulfill the CS prerequisites in order to be admitted to the program if you also got an unrelated cheap and fast Bachelors from UMPI or WGU which would take care of the regionally accredited Bachelor's prerequisite? You could complete an easy degree at UMPI or WGU in one term with careful planning then move on to GaTech or UT-Austin if they would accept that. I don't see why they wouldn't, since at least GaTech is fine with students having ACE credits to fulfill CS prerequisites, which is why so many TESU grads were able to enter the program.

Its worth it just to ask them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes karehiro's post:
  • fmsoa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,301 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 12 2,627 08-12-2024, 11:12 AM
Last Post: frankc
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 513 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Dual Enrolled: GSU MASS and UoPEOPLE M.ED TINASAM 3 455 06-24-2024, 07:47 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Has anyone tried recognizing ENEB/UC1 or UoPeople degrees in Australia? ecdw94 11 2,055 04-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Online MSCS from University of Colorado Boulder, No bachelor’s degree needed frankc 13 4,307 04-22-2023, 10:03 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Cheapest RA CS/IT graduate program that accepts my UoPeople CS Bachelors? mastersDegreeDecision 7 2,233 03-14-2023, 11:37 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  UoPeople Degrees accepted for University of London MSc Computer Science & more? JPN 2 1,519 02-07-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: debrag
  MSCS options ElephantCart 14 2,218 08-27-2022, 02:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Tennessee, Knoxville: Online MSCS via Noodle carrythenothing 3 1,238 07-04-2022, 07:28 PM
Last Post: ThatBankDude