Poll: Which courses could we use more of?
This poll is closed.
Upper Level Computer Science, IT, and IS
21.21%
35 21.21%
Upper Level Natural Science
10.30%
17 10.30%
Science Labs
10.30%
17 10.30%
Upper Level Psychology
9.70%
16 9.70%
Upper Level History
9.70%
16 9.70%
Upper Level Humanities
9.09%
15 9.09%
Upper Level Sociology
6.06%
10 6.06%
Upper Level Finance
9.70%
16 9.70%
Upper Level Communications
9.09%
15 9.09%
Other (specify in a post)
4.85%
8 4.85%
Total 165 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Message to Straighterline, Study.com, TESU, Excelsior, CSU Global, Sophia, & Saylor
I'm creating a poll so that we can show all these organizations which new courses and tests would have demand. I couldn't fit Schmoop, Tor College Credits, Coopersmith, Propero, and JumpCourse in the title, but they should look at this thread too. Ed4Credit is already engaged in a dialog in another thread.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Well, I'll copy over what I just recommended elsewhere...

jsd Wrote:[Psychology]To add to this, as I just finished this degree with TESU -- "Ethics in the Social Sciences" is one required TESU course that is currently not offered by any ACE credit-by-exam/alternative credit courses currently. This would help quite a bit.

Also, History and Systems of Psychology (required) is only available through Coopersmith Consulting (NCCRS), and it was a terrible setup and test. I would have gladly paid more than the approx $200 they charged to go a better route.

Likewise, Coopersmith Consulting is currently the only ones offering Physiological Psychology (another Pscyh degree requirement at TESU), and I imagine that setup would be similar to their History and Systems setup, though I don'thave experience with that (I took that as an online course elsewhere).

Offering Psych options is a win-win because it's a popular major and there are some gaps in it being more test-friendly. Obviously I'm biased, but I'd love to see more options.

[Sociology]
Okay, I'm biased here too since this was my Associate's "major," but this is also very under-served in the alternative credit world. Though I imagine there probably isn't as much demand for it like Psych or Business so I understand why we don't see as much. But if you wanted to venture in to it, again with TESU in mind...

The required course "Social Theory" currently has no options currently. It'd be great to see that. But as stated, UL elective options are especially lacking.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
The poll is up. You can vote for more than one. I was thinking I maybe should have included public administration, but I haven't seen many people express interest in that. What we do NOT need are more general education credits (college algebra, U.S. history I and II, intro to sociology, intro to psychology, etc.), lower level business credits, or upper level general management credits.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
I have to specify that my "other" vote is for healthcare administration, but I'm not sure if this would be a popular degree. I also have an interest in public health. Now that I think about it, I probably should have included emergency management. That used to be very popular when TESU accepted FEMA credits. Criminal justice would also be pretty popular, but the need would be for upper level CJ credits.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
All of the Above. Also, upper level education classes to go with COSC's Child Studies degree or to fulfill a depth requirement for Excelsior's BSLA. We have an increasing number of people looking for ways to get a bachelor's degree ASAP so they can teach English abroad or get alternate teaching certification.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
CS/IT/IS appear to be very popular so far and none of the alternative credit providers are touching these, except for CSU Global. COSC told me that they were designing their own CBEs, so they should be watching this thread. Maybe I'll send them an email with a link. I have a feeling they're going to copy Uexcel and TECEP by offering mostly general education tests for their more "traditional" students. I like the approach CSU Global has taken.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Education courses, elementary or secondary levels.
UL Accounting, Marketing, Finance, International Business & Ops Management - all popular BSBA concentrations, and not always a ton of resources out there.
Accounting, Marketing & Ops Management just became more doable through Study.com (and using CSU-Global), but Finance & International Business are impossible to test out of right now.

I get lots of requests for Criminal Justice, and we need more UL courses. Propero has many covered, but we could use a little variety there.

More UL IT courses for a BSAST in IT would be very good to have - lots of requests for IT degrees, but not enough tests/courses available, so people end up going elsewhere (WGU).

English (especially to teach ESL in foreign countries) is pretty requested as well.

And whatever you do, try to align with what TESU requires. It's always frustrating to have courses and not have a clue what the course equivalencies are. Go out and get that info ahead of time.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
COSC has already started offering exams. So far they have five lower level early childhood ed exams.
Charter Oak State College Pathways & Statistics Exams | Charter Oak State College
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:COSC has already started offering exams. So far they have five lower level early childhood ed exams.
Charter Oak State College Pathways & Statistics Exams | Charter Oak State College

Yeah, they've had those for years and only offer them on campus. I think they're starting a new exam program that is similar to those at TESU, Excelsior, and CSU Global.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 131 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 475 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  DEAC or DEAC Global - Which one is the legitimate one? slammX 4 286 08-28-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: slammX
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 216 38,453 08-04-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 237 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 496 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Purdue Global Owes $128 Million to Kaplan sanantone 6 549 06-27-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Gandhi-King Global Academy - United States Institute of Peace Charles Fout 3 443 06-13-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: villagetunic
  New discount for Purdue Global (perkspot) Vle045 3 457 06-05-2024, 05:44 PM
  HIS-1010 / Western Civ. 1 at TESU picochily 8 554 05-05-2024, 04:46 PM