Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Location Analytics for Business and other transfer equivalencies
It was accepted as CIS-399!

Other notable equivalencies from this evaluation
  • Google Data Analytics certificate transferred as described on the wiki page for Coursera (COS-206, ITS-130, ITS-199, and ITS-231)
  • I got credit for the ACE badge that I received from taking a graduate course through Statistics.com. In other words: I took DSI-610, got graded credit for the class, sent in a Credly transcript with the ACE badge, and received a transfer equivalency for DSI-310.
  • Saylor Academy's BUS210: Corporate Communication transferred in as COM-202.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
For those wondering which courses this is, it's the ASU ULC course here, self-paced and $425 for 3 UL credits: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/location-anal...s-cis-394/
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680, ss20ts
(09-13-2022, 01:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For those wondering which courses this is, it's the ASU ULC course here, self-paced and $425 for 3 UL credits: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/location-anal...s-cis-394/
Next start date May 2022. RIP
That was just one page of theirs, they have others, here's one with the wrong course number for the web link, and it has no date.   For those interested, "sign up" using their website link: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/location-anal...s-cis-313/  Essentially some of these courses don't have specific start/end dates "yet" as it's a relatively new course, they've not fully set the schedule in stone.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Hmm looks like a good deal. A better option than gambling on the network TECEP exam.

$25 for the course (pay $400 only if you pass for the transcript fee)

No proctored exams? It looks like a web lab tool they use.

How hard was the course, and how long did it take you?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Will it cover UL requirement in AOS for Computer science degree?
(09-13-2022, 04:50 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Hmm looks like a good deal. A better option than gambling on the network TECEP exam.

I submitted everything in the first couple of weeks. I don't think it took me more than 10 hours, but I'm comfortable with GIS. The quizzes and reflection story map require using Esri software, which you have access to through ASU.

(09-13-2022, 05:03 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Will it cover UL requirement in AOS for Computer science degree?

My BACS what-if is a little weird (probably because I already graduated with it) but it works in the area of study for an AS in Computer Science (directly in the AOS electives, not the additional AOS electives).
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 3 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • doom, fmsoa, LevelUP
It would be great if it goes to CS AOS. Thank u for info
(09-13-2022, 03:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That was just one page of theirs, they have others, here's one with the wrong course number for the web link, and it has no date.   For those interested, "sign up" using their website link: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/location-anal...s-cis-313/  Essentially some of these courses don't have specific start/end dates "yet" as it's a relatively new course, they've not fully set the schedule in stone.

Seems like they've retired the course for now. It's not available as an option when I login to my ASU UL account. The self-paced courses available right now are all the Google IT Support cert ones, ENG101, and a bunch of math courses.
(09-13-2022, 06:57 PM)carrythenothing Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 04:50 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Hmm looks like a good deal. A better option than gambling on the network TECEP exam.

I submitted everything in the first couple of weeks. I don't think it took me more than 10 hours, but I'm comfortable with GIS. The quizzes and reflection story map require using Esri software, which you have access to through ASU.

(09-13-2022, 05:03 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Will it cover UL requirement in AOS for Computer science degree?

My BACS what-if is a little weird (probably because I already graduated with it) but it works in the area of study for an AS in Computer Science (directly in the AOS electives, not the additional AOS electives).

Does your Universal Learner course give you a grade on the transcript or just a CR like TECEP courses?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 10 894 09-24-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: jazzcat
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 9 1,106 09-11-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Seeking Advice on SOS-1100 and Business Capstone (BUS-4210) ExcellentPhoto 2 268 09-01-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Canadian interested in BA CS, little confused about RA and ACE providers and transfer ArboristFlames 7 452 07-21-2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BA in mathematics and possible credits transfer hsufeng 3 372 07-08-2024, 10:30 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 24 4,529 06-28-2024, 07:35 PM
  TESU Transfer Policy - Explained bjcheung77 44 9,231 06-20-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 865 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 398 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 619 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill