Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program
(03-22-2024, 12:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
weelun Wrote:Thank you for your advice on future study suggestions.

I want to emphasize that I have received information from Malaysia's MQA (Malaysia Qualification Agency) that in Malaysia, only programs accredited by the local government of the college's location are recognized. Therefore, qualifications from ENEB may not be considered official qualifications in my country, so i need plan to having a BOG AAS first.

I am interested in knowing if there are any BOG AAS plans available for me to refer to, which would enable me to earn credits through Sophia.org or other platforms to reduce costs. 

Below link is the tuition fees for pierpont, is a bit out of my budget if i take all courses from Pierpont.
https://www.pierpont.edu/cost-aid/cost/tuition/.

@Weelun, Hey, let's get a little bit more details and I'll explain what I meant earlier... BTW, where in Malaysia are you in? I've been to Malaysia several times over the years, and always to West Malaysia as I head over to Singapore often (never been to the East Malaysia side though, like Kuching or Kota Kinabalu).

For now... Basically... You can read Rachel83AZ's post again, there are several links with detailed info on the degree plan for BOG AAS and an emphasis option of your choice. There are no additional tuition fees for Pierpont as you're not taking anything there, you'll be transferring everything into the BOG AAS degree.

Note: You should get the ASU class and all the Sophia.org classes that do not have any touchstones towards the BOG AAS as it'll be cheaper, easier, faster, as you can complete quizzes/exams all open book without touchstones (no assignments/grading delays).  Having said that, I would then spend some time on those that have touchstones for laddering to UMPI BAS.

To elaborate my post #2, you go the BOG AAS first, ladder to UMPI BAS, then MAOL route when you're ready.  Having said that, I mentioned ENEB may be evaluated as a Bachelors/Grad cert, these can go towards the BAS/MAOL if they allow additional transfers to the MAOL, or if you get evaluations from MQA that can use them as Level 7 towards a Masters locally in Malaysia.

Finally, you need to get all the TVET evaluations completed, as these are Technical and Vocational Education and Training that is required for the 40+ technical credits used for the UMPI BAS degree, without the 40+ tech credits, you're leaving out vital foreign credits that may bite you in the behind later on.  These Level 3-4-5 are the first/second/third year of a Bachelors.  Easy eh?

Thank you for the valuable information, and I apologize for my late response as I was preoccupied with other matters.

I reside in a rural area - Negeri Sembilan, but I work in Kuala Lumpur, which is located in West Malaysia.?

I wanted to sharing the information that I have reached out to MQA for an evaluation of ENEB. They responded with, “MQA uses the principle of recognition based on the recognition given by the authoritative body in the country of origin of the qualification. You can attach proof of accreditation and recognition of those qualifications and institutions confirmed by an authoritative body in the country of origin in the Application to MQA.”

Since ENEB are no recognition in spain, so i am unable to submit it for evaluation by MQA.

(04-10-2024, 06:06 AM)stevenphm Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 12:21 AM)weelun Wrote: Hi all,

I am interested in enrolling in the Pierpont BOG AAS Program, as i study in degreeforum, Pierpont BOG AAS Program is meet with my budget, but I am also open to attending any online accredited institution. My primary goal is to pursue the most efficient path towards obtaining a bachelor's degree, as this will significantly broaden my career opportunities in the workplace. It is crucial to me that the program I choose is accredited by the relevant state or local government authority of the college's location. I have been informed by Malaysia's MQA that validation is only recognized for programs accredited by the state or local government of the college's location, which is essential for recognition in my home country.

Thank you,

Your Location: Malaysia
Your Age: 30
What kind of degree do you want?: Pierpont BOG AAS Program in mechatronic / Engineering program  or IT program or other online program (attached a image replied from Nancy that mentioned Pierpont BOG AAS Program is accepted international students.)

Current Regional Accredited Credits: 
I think my education is non-credit transfer program to other country bcuz all the credit i collect from my home country is under TVET program.
Attached a link for your reference.
https://asem-education.org/compendiums/m...2Dlearning.

ENEB
Master in Project Management, Graduated Year 2023

CIAST Shah Alam Total Credits: 60 (Malaysia Credit)
Diploma in TVET-i, Graduated Year 2016

ADTEC Shah Alam Total Credits: 60 (Malaysia Credit) 
Diploma in Technology Mechatronic, Graduated Year 2015

ILP Pedas Total Credits: 30 (Malaysia Credit) 
Certificate in Technology Mechatronic, Graduate Year 2014

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 0

Any certifications or military experience? Google Cybersecurity 

Budget: USD 1k+

Commitments: I currently work full time and can work on my studies part time, i am looking fully online program.

Dedicated time to study: Estimate 10-12 hours every week.

Timeline: 3 - 12 months 

Tuition assistance/reimbursement: No

Have you applied yet? I wonder if they require evaluation of high school diploma from NACES or AICE agency.

I haven’t applied yet, but I am planning to apply for the Fall 2024 intake. Currently, I am in the process of accumulating some credits from Sophia.org. According to Nancy, Pierpont only accepts evaluations conducted by WES.
(05-28-2024, 07:49 PM)Avidreader Wrote: Now that international students can attain BOG degrees, if time is very short and the student can speak foreign languages, Pierpont accepts the full ACE reccomended credit for dozens of languages if you take the actfl exam.

They have different exams for arabic variants, so if someone understands Libyan and Standard Arabic or maybe Farsi and Arabic then they could knock up to 24 ACE credits in one go with two oral exams. I did the Spanish oral computer exam and it was super easy. It asks you questions like what are your hobbies or what kind of movies you like for you to answer. Takes less than 40 minutes and the score appears in your account just a few days later. Sending the exam badge to credly is very streamlined. Actfl oral exams cost 165 usd and reading or listening 108. I found the Spanish reading exam to be quite difficult, I only scored upper intermediate I think.

Only Spanish is available as an AoE, but that is indeed a good & fast way to get a lot of generic ACE credits.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont BOG Progress AirborneAgent 6 899 4 hours ago
Last Post: AirborneAgent
  Pierpont BOG / 1 credit needed intheprocess 5 244 8 hours ago
Last Post: intheprocess
  Pierpont BOG requirement / register before 10/4/24 Jkjy 18 820 09-05-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Cbar19
  Pierpont BOG Associates - speedrun before residency changes millionwords 1 139 09-05-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Rest in peace, Pierpont BOG AAS? Robson 5 496 09-05-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  new here applied to Pierpont and Umpi doctorTorres 24 1,323 09-04-2024, 01:12 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Pierpont new residency requirement homeschoolmom1 59 5,622 09-02-2024, 05:48 PM
Last Post: ElderlyLeemur
  Alternatives to Pierpont BOG Jin Wang 13 826 08-30-2024, 05:39 AM
Last Post: doctorTorres
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 45 7,121 08-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Tonyoliver097
  AAS other than Pierpont ? ForSchoolsStuffffffffff 11 821 08-26-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: wow