Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Student UMPI Admission process and Degree Plan
Hello everyone! First of all, I want to thank you all for the valuable information you share.
I am looking into a YourPace degree plan at UMPI, and here is a breakdown of my situation:
  • Nationality: Venezuelan
  • Visa: No student visa; planning to study 100% online from Mexico
  • High School Diploma: Yes, obtained in Venezuela in 2009
  • Translated High School Diploma: Translated and notarized from Spanish to English via The Spanish Group
  • University Credits: I have credits from a university in Mexico for the first 5 courses, though I am unsure if UMPI will accept them, so I prefer to list 0 university credits.
  • ICE Credits: None, but I’ve seen on the forum that Sophia, Study.com, etc., offer up to 30 courses that can be transferred.
  • UMPI Degree of Interest: Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration – Project Management & Information Systems
  • Resume/CV: I have a resume and work experience as an IT support analyst and aspiring project manager.
  • Budget: Up to 2 terms at UMPI + Sophia, Study.com, and Coursera memberships
  • Time for Study: 40 hours per week
  • English: I hold an EF SET certification at C1 level (Common European Framework of Reference, CEFR).
I am seeking guidance for the admissions process, ICE transfer, and creating a degree plan.
Which Mexican university is it? UNAM? IPN? As long as it is a public Mexican university or a private one with a RVOE number, the credits should be RA equivalent. Could just get them translated via Spantran or Scholaro and have them evaluated with a GPA value for 200 USD. Sending in those 15 RA credits could come in handy to save time and money.

And given you speak fluent Spanish, why not sign up for the Spanish language speaking or writing ACTFL exam for 165 USD and get easy 12 credits? 6 of those credits will be UL ones.
Hello! I'm not sure if this is possible for non US citizens but maybe for the Spanish he could take a CLEP exam through Modern States?
Actfl exams can be done by foreigners, so no problem there. Sophia no issue either. CLEP and Dantes exams can't be done in Mexico. The closest Latin American country from Mexico that allows you to do clep and dantes tests is Honduras. Getting a sophia and study account paying with a Mexican credit card is no issue either.

I think UMPI accepts flreigner students
@pedroso91, Welcome to the board, great intro post and it shows you've done your research and pretty much came to a conclusion!  Essentially, you just need to follow through with your Budget: Up to 2 terms at UMPI + Sophia, Study.com, and Coursera memberships - That's it for your max transfer and a balanced mix/match of certs, degree, experience!  

Send everything to UMPI, you want to have any transcripts you currently have send it, in addition to your high school evaluation, they need official copies.  You can work on your Coursera and Sophia.org until you have everything you need, hold off on Study.com until you're done, one subscription at a time is best...  

Side Note: If you need a Sophia.org discount code, you can view the sticky thread for one.  If you need a Study.com one, my bio or signature has the info link.  Here's the UMPI WIKI, under categories, click UMPI to review the general education and specific degree plans: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Un...esque_Isle
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pursuing CS Degree at 33 - starting from 0 MrPokey 14 803 Yesterday, 09:16 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  TESU BA Math and CS Degree Planning thornytumbleweed 15 1,260 10-24-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
Exclamation Switching from TESU to UMPI sreos 20 976 10-23-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UoPeople to UMPI - Seeking Advice on Completing Bachelor’s Degree Robotik 3 204 10-21-2024, 12:50 PM
  Degree plan advice - Impossible to realize hakjack 9 455 10-20-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 13 930 10-20-2024, 01:39 AM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Another Canadian Student Roxas 2 197 10-19-2024, 11:58 AM
  My UMPI accounting plan - tear it apart please drpaf 5 281 10-18-2024, 01:08 PM
  Please help for degree planning zyczycccc 5 356 10-17-2024, 04:04 PM
Last Post: zyczycccc
  Breaking Into Sales - Help With Getting a Bachelor’s Degree (Most Likely Business Adm AccountingForThis 8 354 10-17-2024, 01:15 PM