Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Independent study course
I have been looking around at some of the independent study courses has anyone every taken any of those from bye

BYU Independent Study - Distance Education Courses - Online Learning

The don't appear to have any limits on how fast you can do assignments
I took Public Speaking from BYU Distance Learning and I think it was a great course. The lessons were easy to understand, and the instructor was very encouraging. It only took me about a month to complete the course.
jec959 Wrote:I have been looking around at some of the independent study courses has anyone every taken any of those from bye

BYU Independent Study - Distance Education Courses - Online Learning

The don't appear to have any limits on how fast you can do assignments

okay the cheapest and best independent study courses from regionally acredited schools are :

A) Colorado State University in Pueblo
Colorado State University-Pueblo > Division of Continuing Education > Independent Study

its like 297.00 dollars for 3 credits

B) lousiana state university -independent study courses

229.00 for a 3 credit hour course
LSU Independent and Distance Learning

C) arizona western college that does some of their programs with another community college in yuma arizona ....

120.00 for a 3 credit hour course...

AWC Distance Education - Prospective Students

D) chemeketa community college is a school out in california that also offers cheap online courses and an accredited school ...

i belive the courses are > Chemeketa Online - Distance Learning Degree program

242.00 dollars for a 3 credit course......

here is their website : Chemeketa Online: Distance Learning

Chemeketa Online: Distance Learning

E) San Juan College in New Mexico ..here is the tuition :
Tuition

40 credit hour ..thats 120 for a 3 credit hour course ....
Prospective Students

Online Services

school of extended learning in san juan college New Mexico ....

i have checked most of these schools and they offer some of the same topics from clep and dantes exams like intro to buisness , psychology and sociology ..etc .....even mathematics...
[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

CLEP

Intro to Psychology- 50
Natural Sciences - 53
Western Civilization II- 57
Humanities - 61
History of US I - 59
Social Sciences & History - 54
Western Civilization I - 67
Principles of Mgmt- 53
Intro to Sociology -64

DANTES

Rise and Fall of Soviet Union - 54
Intro to Middle East- 56
Intro to World Religions- 74
Intro to Computing - 53
Principles of Supervision- 51
Mgmt Info Sys- 53
Intro to Buisness- 59
American Ethics-51
What exactly did the course involve? Did you have to send in video taped speechs? Was there a protored final?
AGS Wrote:okay the cheapest and best independent study courses from regionally acredited schools are...
THANKS for posting all of this AGS! This will be really helpful to a lot of IC members.

JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
Since I am not enrolled yet does anyone know if this course csu peubole would count for the statistics requirement?

To view more information, click on the course number.

BUSAD 265: Inferential Statistics **New Course**
3 semester-hour credits - Tuition $297
Inferential Business Statistics is a beginning level survey course that introduces students to topics relating to descriptive and inferential statistics. The course is designed so that students will learn how to derive information from graphs and tables. Students will also learn about the rules of elementary probability and be able to derive measures of central tendency and variability for data conforming to discrete and continuous distributions. In addition, students will learn how to derive sampling distributions for means and proportions used in making hypothesis tests. Topics relating to correlation and simple linear regression will also be covered. New course for Fall 2006. Check for availability prior to registration.
Judy -
AS - Computer Science - Andover college
BS - Mgmt Information Systems -June 08
MS - Info Systems Mgmt - Start Aug 08 - UMBC
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]One other consideration may be PFC (Penn Foster College) as they offer more than 125 ACE reviewed courses that may be accepted for credit (EC accepts them).

They only charge $55. per CH so a 3 hour course runs just $165.00 and INCLUDES BOOKS too! Penn Foster College - Associate College Degrees .[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Do they have online/independent study courses for math & statistics, I have the feeling that it has been so long since I have done math that I may need real courses for these. As you can see I am a bit match phobic.
Judy -
jec959 Wrote:Do they have online/independent study courses for math & statistics, I have the feeling that it has been so long since I have done math that I may need real courses for these. As you can see I am a bit match phobic.

[SIZE="2"]I completed my math requirement with PFC. This is true "INDEPENDENT STUDY" - as there are no teachers![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Brian, thank you so much, I think I will call and register for the college algebra, I was just feeling overwhelmed on where to start studying for this one. Since I see you are a excelsior graduate I can safely assume they transfer okay.Smile
Judy -

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 163 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 509 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 257 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 853 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 473 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 1,140 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 547 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,281 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,845 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,646 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az