Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I found this Forum and am now Inspired to get a Bachelors, Please Advise!
In addition to that, picking the TES BACS and completing it would be your main priority, you can always add a BS-CIS as a secondary degree if you wanted. Having said that, the UMPI BAS may work for you as well, both of these are B. Arts, B. Applied Science, and you can customize your degree to your liking as they have 30-60 elective credits.

RE: BA vs BS doesn't matter. If all the classes align with some other institutions that offer a BSCS, it will still be a BACS/BAS as the institution doesn't offer a BSCS, it's the 'school' that they belong in... That's the reason you will see BA/BS differences, not in the classes but the institution doesn't have a school for that particular degree.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • nicecoolego
Thanks for the responses everybody!

You guys have sold me on the TESU double degree and UMPI BAS. My question is what are the pros and cons of each pathway, after investigating a little bit I found the price for the double degree to be something like 8k whereas the UMPI BAS is 4k. The double degree also takes a bit longer I assume because of the extra courses and the extra capstone. The only other difference I can see is with the UMPI BAS pathway the AAS gives you a half way point where you can take a break if anything happens to interrupt your studies.

What other notable differences do y'all think I should know about, or any comments about the above?
I've been researching the different topics lately and I'm leaning towards the UMPI BAS with MIS.
Could anyone review my perspective plan for this path?

The idea is to get the certs and Sophia course necessary to graduate from Pierpont then do the rest of the certs and Sophia courses to transfer into UMPI. Then do the residency credits at UMPI to graduate. My only issue is that I am not sure if getting only the TEEX 101, 201, 301 and the 3 google certs will be enough to get me accepted in the BAS since there is a history of students getting rejected which is why I have the IBM cert on maybe. Though I do have some years of work experience so I don't know whether that goes into consideration for acceptance.

Attached Files
.xlsx   uni reqs.xlsx (Size: 24.96 KB / Downloads: 0)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree Advise/plan Wanted for a Canadian Student nbid 10 494 09-12-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  aiming for acupuncture degree, need help with CBE bachelors plan teadrinker000 16 581 09-01-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
Big Grin Speedy and Inexpensive Bachelors ATM925 7 953 08-25-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: ATM925
  Please advise on my next classes for a TESU BSc kt320 2 213 08-19-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: kt320
  Next Steps for Bachelors liz0814 8 823 07-12-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Canadian Looking For Bachelors sfilipe 7 557 06-11-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: sfilipe
  Inspired by my kid sister BetterThisYearThanLast 4 413 05-28-2024, 01:11 PM
Last Post: tdat314
  Engineering/Physics/Applied Science Bachelors NotJoeBiden 7 832 05-18-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Help creating a degree plan for education bachelors. System360 9 615 05-18-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: allvia
  New Member looking to plan out Bachelors in finance Thelifenfc 8 594 05-13-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77