Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Community College Credit Wash?
I see a bunch of California Community Colleges on Straighterline's site. Just wondering if anyone has gotten Straighterline units on their transcript?
By "Credit Wash" I'm assuming you are looking for official grades to be posted rather than just Pass/Fail? Just so you know, I don't believe there are any more "Credit Wash" schools that exist for Straighterline (Possibly Albany State, but nothing confirmed yet) . Fort Hays used to accept the SL credit and transcribe as a Fort Hays course. Every other school would list Straighterline on the transcript, and even if they list as a grade, if you were to then take that transcript, you would still have SL as where the credit was awarded from.

The list of "Partner Colleges" on Straighterline doesn't actually include and California-specific schools, but it does list non-partner Cali schools that have awarded credit. I am 99% certain that all the credit awarded will be Pass/Fail rather than a graded-washed Cali school course.

I haven't attempted to wash any of my credits through Cali schools, but from the money it takes to apply and possibly enroll, I think the days of being able to actually "wash" the credit are long gone.
---Graduatedt Excelsior - BS - General Business - Conferred August 2012---

Social Sciences CLEP:59 - Humanities CLEP:55 - Natural Sciences CLEP:53 - Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP:59 - Management & Information Systems DSST:435
Human Resource Management ECE:C - Org. Behavior ECE:C - World Population ECE:C - UExcel Political Science:C - 2 NFA ACE Approved Courses
Straighterline:Criminal Justice, Western Civilization 1 and Sociology - Passed, Penn Foster Cost Accounting & Financial Management:Both B
CSU MGMT 311 Operations Management: Finished April 2012 - A, Business Ethics & Society DSST -- 440, BUS495 - EC Business Capstone - A

Finished - AS - Business from Excelsior - 61 credits 2.8 gpa - Commencement July 2011
I don't really care about the grades. I just want the credit as school credit. :-(
All these will be accepted as credit. You'll still receive the units on your transcript no matter where you get it from. ACE recommends 3u for most of these courses, with the lab courses adding an additional 1u.

Where are you going to school? Just be clear with them that they accept ACE accredited courses, and you'll receive 3u for each Straighterline course that you get sent there. It won't be listed as "having taken the class at that school", but they will be listed as Pass/Fail, so you'll get the credit, the 3 units will be added into your total, but it won't affect your GPA.

Hope that helps answer your question.

Social Sciences CLEP:59 - Humanities CLEP:55 - Natural Sciences CLEP:53 - Analyzing & Interpreting Literature CLEP:59 - Management & Information Systems DSST:435
Human Resource Management ECE:C - Org. Behavior ECE:C - World Population ECE:C - UExcel Political Science:C - 2 NFA ACE Approved Courses
Straighterline:Criminal Justice, Western Civilization 1 and Sociology - Passed, Penn Foster Cost Accounting & Financial Management:Both B
CSU MGMT 311 Operations Management: Finished April 2012 - A, Business Ethics & Society DSST -- 440, BUS495 - EC Business Capstone - A

Finished - AS - Business from Excelsior - 61 credits 2.8 gpa - Commencement July 2011
I go to Humboldt State, a CSU, so they're a little picky about ACE than the Big 3.
You may be out of luck then, or possibly have to ask Albany State whether you can apply, send them your SL transcript, and then have them transcribe the classes as their own courses, and no have SL listed anywhere on the transcript.

Otherwise there are no more "credit washes" for SL courses. Everywhere, including the Big 3, all list SL as where the courses came from.

I would recommend talking with your counselor regarding the specific ACE courses. Don't just ask if they will accept Straighterline courses. Go to the ACE website below which is filtered to Straighterline, and then print out each course you want to take, and present it to the counselor. Make a case WHY they should accept these courses, provide as much official documentation you can to prove these are legitimate courses, and you may be able to get them on to your own transcript after completing.

ACE - Straighterline courses

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 225 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,884 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 1,947 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Affordable online community colleges for non-residents nomaduser 30 6,707 08-21-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,282 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 599 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 414 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  Quickest/Most inexpensive credit banking? Calstar 10 1,949 07-10-2024, 09:36 PM
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 727 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 283 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox