Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduating from TESU with all transfer credits
I've reviewed the threads and have seen a few different answers here. Can someone please help clarify this for me? Assuming to you could transfer (previous college credits, clep, etc.) 100% of the credits needed for graduation at Thomas Edison, what would the actual cost be?
$332 for the graduation fee + $75 for the application fee? Am I missing anything?
MINHAC Wrote:I've reviewed the threads and have seen a few different answers here. Can someone please help clarify this for me? Assuming to you could transfer (previous college credits, clep, etc.) 100% of the credits needed for graduation at Thomas Edison, what would the actual cost be?
$332 for the graduation fee + $75 for the application fee? Am I missing anything?

At the Big3, there are extra fees for the capstone/cornerstone courses and for TESU, there's an extra residency waiver fee of $2500.
Further to that, you can only transfer up to 114/117 credits, depending on the which of the Big3 you go with, and the degree.
In a month or so, I would say it'll be about the same cost for the Big3 as TESU is getting rid of their TECEP for the BSBA Capstone.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you, so it looks like the actually cost at TESU is going to be in the $3,000+ range, and that's not counting the CLEP costs. I was hoping for a more time/cost efficient route. Any way to hack this a bit that I'm not seeing?
If you are taking Study.com classes then you can get the residency waiver fee down to 1800, and that also waives the cornerstone. You still have to take the capstone class, however. The BSBA Capstone can be tested out of, but I heard that that is soon changing.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
sarg123 Wrote:If you are taking Study.com classes then you can get the residency waiver fee down to 1800, and that also waives the cornerstone. You still have to take the capstone class, however. The BSBA Capstone can be tested out of, but I heard that that is soon changing.

It looks like Excelsior might actually be less expensive in this regard.
MINHAC Wrote:It looks like Excelsior might actually be less expensive in this regard.

Not exactly, their pricing is expensive for a credit - and their capstone is 6 credits.
If you get the partner pricing of $495/credit, that's roughly $3000 just for the capstone.
And to get partner pricing, you have to take 12 credits from them... haha

For TESU there are other options beside CLEP. CLEP is getting more expensive now with exam fees plus proctoring fees. For CLEP some people like to take the 6 credit exams.
Saylor offers a variety of courses for $25. There are also a few free course options. Straighterline and other course providers offer discounts from time to time. Aleks is a good option for math at $20/month but is only available for a few more weeks. Study.com currently is offering a scholarship for 18 free credits. Davar has been offering discounts on some of their exams.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
[-] The following 1 user Likes swalke321's post:
  • slmartin
bjcheung77 Wrote:Not exactly, their pricing is expensive for a credit - and their capstone is 6 credits.
If you get the partner pricing of $495/credit, that's roughly $3000 just for the capstone.
And to get partner pricing, you have to take 12 credits from them... haha

In your opinion, TESU is usually the best route?
Quote:It looks like Excelsior might actually be less expensive in this regard.

Not yet - $1800 residency waiver fee + $332 graduation fee + $115 for the capstone TECEP in BSBA = $2247. I think Excelsior is more because you have to take their capstone.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
MINHAC Wrote:In your opinion, TESU is usually the best route?

Technically, no, they were not my first choice. They were my second choice but the main reason I chose them over the first (COSC) was not for the price.
TESU was upgraded to university status, require only UL 18 credits vs 30 credits at most other schools, ease of transfer (you know what courses go where).
IF you are mainly CLEP/DSST as those are the "known" courses, your best bet is COSC, to maximize the use of FEMA (20-27 free credits) .
The only drawback is the UL is 30 credits and it's "more" costly than you would be able to take at Saylor, Straighterline, Study.com etc.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,452 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 4,021 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,740 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 4,068 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 3,115 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,601 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,865 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,581 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,773 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,150 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore