Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSAST Aviation maintenance
Alright,
Well I have been following this forum for about a year now and finally gave up on embry riddle and transferred everything to TESU. :hurray::hurray: I took me forever I know but I just couldn't pull the trigger. So here are my questions for ya'll.

I have information literacy to take. It looks like CLEP is my only option (technical writing). Is this right?
I have to take American government. I know there a couple options for this. But is CLEP the fastest?
I also need to take physics I, physics II. Where is the best to take these?
chem I. I know there is a clep for this but where else?

I have done lots of searching and yes I have used the search function. I am just trying to finish this up and apply for grad by Oct. I have a huge promotion available to me which requires a BS. So I am scheduling my American government and technical writing CLEP first week of MAY. just looking for some insight from all of you wonder people who inspire me.
Saylor's Chem I is free, save for the proctoring fee ($25.)

https://learn.saylor.org/course/chem101

Straighterline offers Physics I for relatively little (Monthly membership plus course fees, could be under $200 If you are quick)
Online Science Courses for College Credit Transfer | StraighterLine

Unfortunately, I can't help you on Physics II.

I've not taken it yet but the technical writing appears to be fairly easy and straightforward - I've read similar accounts here. It will be my next TECEP.

I'm sure you have, but just making sure you've sent certified copies of your FAA certificates, yes?
If you apply for Study.com's Guardian Scholarship, you'll have to take Personal Finance (for 3cr Free Electives) and then you have 5 more classes free. For Info Lit, you could use their Intro To World Religion or Advanced Tech Writing. Religion just has 90ish 5 question multiple choice quizzes (top score out of 3 attempts counts, so you can get pretty close to 100% on all of these, which means you only need 55% on the final!), plus the 100 question, multiple choice final. Tech writing is more quizzes (120 maybe?) a 500-800 word project, and a 100-question multiple choice final. They also offer American Government...100ish quizzes plus the final. If you read quickly, you can skim through the lessons on both to knock out quizzes quickly. Plus you can test at any time of day, no scheduling in advance. So this format may be a good fit for you. (They're a bit mindnumbing, but just keep hammering them out.) If you did Religion or TechWrite, and then Gov't, you'd still have 3 more free classes available, if you need electives.

For phys/chem - Do you need labs? Do you feel confident learning these independently? Straighterline offers Physics 1 and Chem 1, both with labs. Saylor Academy offers all 3, but only the classroom side - if you need labs, you'll have to take that separately. TESU does offer the labs separately, so you could do Saylor's independent study and then TESU for labs...TESU lab-only classes are 6 weeks, I believe, instead of 12. Excelsior offers 15 week class/lab combos, but the standalone labs are only 8 weeks. American Public University offers them all but check the schedule to see what months they're starting - they're all 15 or 16 weeks, I think. University of North Dakota is offering a 2 month summer chemistry with lab online, but it's Intro Chem, which may not be enough for the requirement...will intro do, or do they want General Chem? SUNY Empire State has Physics 2 with lab.

Honestly, the most straightforward way to do these would be to hit your local community college - cheap classes, lab equipment provided by college, and instructors available in case you get stuck. They'll be registering for summer term right now.

If you want to apply for graduation in December (deadline to apply is 1OCT), you're tight on time for the sciences. One of the more knowledgeable posters can help on this...but I think if you want the December graduation, you'll need all your coursework done by the end of October? So a fall community college class probably wouldn't work, just the summer ones.

ETA - Saylor does have the physics, it's just that they call Phys 1 "Mechanics" and Phys 2 "Electromagnetics". Also, do you know if you need calculus-based physics, or will algebra-based be enough? That kinda throws a wrench in it, if you have to have calc based. APU offers it, ASU offers it. 4-yr colleges offer it, typically. A community college with an Engineering/Science transfer option probably offers it.
hirisk85 Wrote:I have information literacy to take. It looks like CLEP is my only option (technical writing). Is this right? There is a Tech Writing DSST (not CLEP), but you can also take it via Study.com or a TECEP. You can also take A&I Lit as a CLEP or Study.com course. Or a Religions course via DSST, Study.com or SL.

I have to take American government. I know there a couple options for this. But is CLEP the fastest? You can do SL or Study.com in addition. You can take the Saylor Comparative Politics course instead.

I also need to take physics I, physics II. Where is the best to take these? SL has Phys I w/lab. NMJC has Phys II w/lab. Or you can take Saylor Intro to Mechanics (Physics I) and Intro to Electromagnetism (Phys II), and then you can take the SL Phys I lab, and NMJC Physics II lab if you want to split them up.

chem I. I know there is a clep for this but where else? Saylor has Chem I, CLEP will give you 6cr for Chem I & II w/o labs, SL has Chem I w/ or w/o lab, Study.com has Chem I w/o lab, Ed4Credit.com has Chem I w/ or w/o lab (and the lab is only $65 + lab kit so cheaper than SL).

All choices I know of cheaply are in bold. Many options.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
oh yea I have already sent all of that info to TESU. I only have those 5 classes left plus the capstone. Just trying to figure out how else to get them all done before the October deadline for graduation
WOW!!! thanks for the help I haven't even looked at the ED4credit. I have been on this site looking around for a year and never saw those. I really appreciate your help that is really helpful

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,458 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 4,027 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,758 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 4,070 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 3,123 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,605 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,872 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,583 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,779 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 3,157 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore