Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion
Graduating from TESU with all transfer credits - Printable Version

+- Online Degrees and CLEP and DSST Exam Prep Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb)
+-- Forum: Inactive (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-Inactive)
+--- Forum: [ARCHIVE] Excelsior, Thomas Edison, and Charter Oak Specific Discussion (https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Forum-ARCHIVE-Excelsior-Thomas-Edison-and-Charter-Oak-Specific-Discussion)
+--- Thread: Graduating from TESU with all transfer credits (/Thread-Graduating-from-TESU-with-all-transfer-credits)

Pages: 1 2

Graduating from TESU with all transfer credits - MINHAC - 04-16-2017

I've reviewed the threads and have seen a few different answers here. Can someone please help clarify this for me? Assuming to you could transfer (previous college credits, clep, etc.) 100% of the credits needed for graduation at Thomas Edison, what would the actual cost be?
$332 for the graduation fee + $75 for the application fee? Am I missing anything?

Graduating from TESU with all transfer credits - bjcheung77 - 04-16-2017

MINHAC Wrote:I've reviewed the threads and have seen a few different answers here. Can someone please help clarify this for me? Assuming to you could transfer (previous college credits, clep, etc.) 100% of the credits needed for graduation at Thomas Edison, what would the actual cost be?
$332 for the graduation fee + $75 for the application fee? Am I missing anything?

At the Big3, there are extra fees for the capstone/cornerstone courses and for TESU, there's an extra residency waiver fee of $2500.
Further to that, you can only transfer up to 114/117 credits, depending on the which of the Big3 you go with, and the degree.
In a month or so, I would say it'll be about the same cost for the Big3 as TESU is getting rid of their TECEP for the BSBA Capstone.

Thank you, so it looks like the actually cost at TESU is going to be in the $3,000+ range, and that's not counting the CLEP costs. I was hoping for a more time/cost efficient route. Any way to hack this a bit that I'm not seeing?

Graduating from TESU with all transfer credits - sarg123 - 04-16-2017

If you are taking Study.com classes then you can get the residency waiver fee down to 1800, and that also waives the cornerstone. You still have to take the capstone class, however. The BSBA Capstone can be tested out of, but I heard that that is soon changing.

sarg123 Wrote:If you are taking Study.com classes then you can get the residency waiver fee down to 1800, and that also waives the cornerstone. You still have to take the capstone class, however. The BSBA Capstone can be tested out of, but I heard that that is soon changing.

It looks like Excelsior might actually be less expensive in this regard.

MINHAC Wrote:It looks like Excelsior might actually be less expensive in this regard.

Not exactly, their pricing is expensive for a credit - and their capstone is 6 credits.
If you get the partner pricing of $495/credit, that's roughly $3000 just for the capstone.
And to get partner pricing, you have to take 12 credits from them... haha

Graduating from TESU with all transfer credits - swalke321 - 04-16-2017

For TESU there are other options beside CLEP. CLEP is getting more expensive now with exam fees plus proctoring fees. For CLEP some people like to take the 6 credit exams.
Saylor offers a variety of courses for $25. There are also a few free course options. Straighterline and other course providers offer discounts from time to time. Aleks is a good option for math at $20/month but is only available for a few more weeks. Study.com currently is offering a scholarship for 18 free credits. Davar has been offering discounts on some of their exams.

bjcheung77 Wrote:Not exactly, their pricing is expensive for a credit - and their capstone is 6 credits.
If you get the partner pricing of $495/credit, that's roughly $3000 just for the capstone.
And to get partner pricing, you have to take 12 credits from them... haha

In your opinion, TESU is usually the best route?

Graduating from TESU with all transfer credits - sarg123 - 04-16-2017

Quote:It looks like Excelsior might actually be less expensive in this regard.

Not yet - $1800 residency waiver fee + $332 graduation fee + $115 for the capstone TECEP in BSBA = $2247. I think Excelsior is more because you have to take their capstone.

MINHAC Wrote:In your opinion, TESU is usually the best route?

Technically, no, they were not my first choice. They were my second choice but the main reason I chose them over the first (COSC) was not for the price.
TESU was upgraded to university status, require only UL 18 credits vs 30 credits at most other schools, ease of transfer (you know what courses go where).
IF you are mainly CLEP/DSST as those are the "known" courses, your best bet is COSC, to maximize the use of FEMA (20-27 free credits) .
The only drawback is the UL is 30 credits and it's "more" costly than you would be able to take at Saylor, Straighterline, Study.com etc.