Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my transcript credit evaluation from UMPI
Hi everyone,

I got my undergraduate advisement from Jessica Yesterday!

Here are the key points:
1- SDC's project management did not transfer in as BUS 141. It transferred in as  bus elective. 
2- Ancient Greek Philosophers did not apply to GEC 4C. I'm going to ask Jessica about that one.
3- CLEP transcript has not come in yet. I have 7 courses of CLEP. (Am Govt, Hist 1 and 2, Anlyz and Int Lit, Princ Mgmt., Princ Mkt.)
4-Google Data Analytics course came in as BUS 245 with 12 credits! 
5- Instantcert Spanish was accepted, I took it in January

I have attached my Credit evaluation below if anyone wants to see it. 

I expected to have to take 10 courses to complete the degree. But looking at the evaluation it has 17 unsatisfied courses to complete.

Did I do something wrong with maxing out the transfer credits?

Attached Files
.pdf   edutr.pdf (Size: 65.76 KB / Downloads: 112)
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes acethroughcollege's post:
  • Pikachu
Perhaps some of those remaining courses will be satisfied with the CLEP transcript?
@OP, UMPI BABA PM & IS is a good option, you mentioned the 7 CLEP scores haven't been sent in yet for evaluation, it may not have been processed yet, so I would just wait to "start" the degree at the end of the month and work on those remaining 10 or so. I see you have a language and a bio course, did that include the lab already?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
When American Government & History come in, that should take care of at least 2 classes (5B & 5E). I'm not sure that Principles of Marketing or Principles of Management will go anywhere except electives, but I don't know. I don't see CLEP in the transfer database, but it looks like Principles of Management from other sources is usually either BUS101 or BUS1XX elective. Principles of Marketing from other sources is BUS330. SDC's Analyzing & Interpreting Literature class comes in as ENG 105. If the CLEP is the same, it'll meet objective 2E.

With 3 from CLEP and (hopefully) 1 from Greek Philosophers, that would bring you down from 17 classes to 13. You could possibly bring this down further by taking 2 or 3 (UL?) classes from SDC, but that might or might not be worth it to you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-18-2022, 10:23 AM)acethroughcollege Wrote: Hi everyone,

Here are the key points:
1- SDC's project management did not transfer in as BUS 141. It transferred in as  bus elective. 
2- Ancient Greek Philosophers did not apply to GEC 4C. I'm going to ask Jessica about that one.
3- CLEP transcript has not come in yet. I have 7 courses of CLEP. (Am Govt, Hist 1 and 2, Anlyz and Int Lit, Princ Mgmt., Princ Mkt.)

I expected to have to take 10 courses to complete the degree. But looking at the evaluation it has 17 unsatisfied courses to complete.

Just an FYI.... this is not the degree evaluation. Jessica will email it to you once you're enrolled and have a meeting with her. The degree evaluation form makes waaaaaaaay more sense than this printout does. I never liked reading through this because it was difficult to follow and doesn't flow. Like it bounces all over the place and the GEC isn't in an specific order neither are the major courses. 

1. On Study, it says that Project Management transfers as an UL business elective. 
2. Ask Jessica.
3. The transcripts are paper mailed I believe so they take longer. Here's how CLEP transfers to UMPI. Nothing comes in as Eng Comp 2 if that's what you were hoping for. 
4. We've seen this cert come in for 3-4 classes. Typically it's not all 12 credits for BUS245 so this may be adjusted. It's a 3 credit course so giving 12 credits for it is odd. 
5. It was still valid in January. 

Have you taken Ethics on Sophia? Ethics fills several areas of the GEC. 

https://mycampus.maine.edu/c/document_li...pId=223854
(08-18-2022, 10:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @OP, UMPI BABA PM & IS is a good option, you mentioned the 7 CLEP scores haven't been sent in yet for evaluation, it may not have been processed yet, so I would just wait to "start" the degree at the end of the month and work on those remaining 10 or so.  I see you have a language and a bio course, did that include the lab already?

Yes They accepted it as Bio with lab.

(08-18-2022, 11:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote: When American Government & History come in, that should take care of at least 2 classes (5B & 5E). I'm not sure that Principles of Marketing or Principles of Management will go anywhere except electives, but I don't know. I don't see CLEP in the transfer database, but it looks like Principles of Management from other sources is usually either BUS101 or BUS1XX elective. Principles of Marketing from other sources is BUS330. SDC's Analyzing & Interpreting Literature class comes in as ENG 105. If the CLEP is the same, it'll meet objective 2E.

With 3 from CLEP and (hopefully) 1 from Greek Philosophers, that would bring you down from 17 classes to 13. You could possibly bring this down further by taking 2 or 3 (UL?) classes from SDC, but that might or might not be worth it to you.

I really want to have to only take 10 courses. So it is worth it to me. I don't think I really have room to take any more that will transfer in as more than just electives. Do I?

(08-18-2022, 12:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 10:23 AM)acethroughcollege Wrote: Hi everyone,

Here are the key points:

Just an FYI.... this is not the degree evaluation. Jessica will email it to you once you're enrolled and have a meeting with her. The degree evaluation form makes waaaaaaaay more sense than this printout does. I never liked reading through this because it was difficult to follow and doesn't flow. Like it bounces all over the place and the GEC isn't in an specific order neither are the major courses. 

1. On Study, it says that Project Management transfers as an UL business elective. 
2. Ask Jessica.
3. The transcripts are paper mailed I believe so they take longer. Here's how CLEP transfers to UMPI. Nothing comes in as Eng Comp 2 if that's what you were hoping for. 
4. We've seen this cert come in for 3-4 classes. Typically it's not all 12 credits for BUS245 so this may be adjusted. It's a 3 credit course so giving 12 credits for it is odd. 
5. It was still valid in January. 

Have you taken Ethics on Sophia? Ethics fills several areas of the GEC. 

https://mycampus.maine.edu/c/document_li...pId=223854
Hmmm...so if I take Ethics will that get the number of courses I have to take down?  I don't need any more electives. I just want to fill requirements.

I don't know if I have a need in the GEC for Ethics.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it says you have 27 out of 40 elective credits. I think you have to have some UL electives, though most of your UL credits need to be taken at UMPI.

Looking at it again, though, I'm kind of confused. It says you only need to complete 25 credits. But 25 / 17 is less than 1.5 credits per class.  Huh
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Yes, the OP only need 25 more credits. However, the OP MUST complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI. I transferred in 190+ credits.

Ethics fills 2A, 2B, 4C, and 5D of the GEC. #8 says you still need ethics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-18-2022, 04:16 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Yes, the OP only need 25 more credits. However, the OP MUST complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI. I transferred in 190+ credits.

I am so confused. I guess I will take Ethics then. Is there an option at UMPI?

(08-18-2022, 04:16 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Yes, the OP only need 25 more credits. However, the OP MUST complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI. I transferred in 190+ credits.

But won't ancient greek philosophers cover that requirement? According to this chart, it does.

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot chart.png (Size: 120.13 KB / Downloads: 28)

(08-18-2022, 12:55 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Jessica will email it to you once you're enrolled and have a meeting with her.

Just to clarify, a meeting isn't an given anymore. She is absolutely happy to chat via email, and there is absolutely the ability to schedule a meeting, but it isn't the default position.
UMPI - BLS (Management and Political Science) - Start Aug 2022
Sophia - 64 Credits - Most classes done
Saylor - Intro to Poli Sci, Intro to Comparitive Politics, Customer Service
Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate
[-] The following 2 users Like MidLifeCrisis's post:
  • acethroughcollege, origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 6 146 3 hours ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 228 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 165 Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 142 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 277 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 271 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,536 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,451 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 484 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 354 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77