Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Free College Credit from TEEX!
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:I'm trying to register with TEEX so I can begin the courses, however it's asking for a Class ID (from a pamphlet or brochure). How do I obtain that?

Strange... I didn't get that. I've checked it again and I don't see it anywhere. Which link are you using?
Hi, does anyone know if Excelsior accepts these? I tried to browse the whole thread... Thanks!
sjr Wrote:Hi, does anyone know if Excelsior accepts these? I tried to browse the whole thread... Thanks!
Very first post explains they are ACE approved...so most likely yes! Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
any help would be appreciated on these courses... PM me...
DSST Environment & Race to Save Humanity *  51/80 Clep CIS  63/80
College Math  66/80 * DSST Business Law II  -  No Pass
Principles of Mgmt  61/80 * A/I Lit  51/80 retest 61/80
Social Sciences and History -  66/80  -  A * Freshman Composition  -  60/80
Intro to Computers  426 -Current System - p/f = pass * Intro to Modern Middle East Studies -  61/80
Human Cultural Geography  -  61/80 * US History I  - A   -61/80
US History II - A  68/80 * Civil War  -  A   57/80
Intro to World Religions  - A  68/80 * Intro to Bus Law -  64/80    A
Public Speaking 55/80  A * MIS 429/500 * Statistics 459/500 * MacroEconomics  57/80
MicroEconomics   53/80 (ran out no money in meter) * Criminal Justice 418/500
English Comp with Essay 58/80 * Personal Finance 406/500 (Ran thru IC once & test once... 40 minutes/98 questions.. close call) 
Principle of Supervision -  436/500 * Clep American Government 67/80  
FEMA's Completed - 49 (sorry i'm addicted to them).

BA - Criminal Justice - Central State University
AAS - Computer Science - TESU
AAS - BOG - Info Tech - Pierpont
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member
creationstory Wrote:any help would be appreciated on these courses... PM me...

Your questions might be the same questions others are wondering about, if you'd post them here (rather than through private message) others can benefit from the answers.
I realize this thread is over 2 years old however the courses are still there, and presumably still yield credits.

For people that are desperate to get credits but refuse to actually learn anything this can be gamed. There are 4 answers but you get 5 attempts. Math indicates you could simply choose A for every question, review results in a new browser tab and retest in a separate tab. For any answer that is wrong select B, and keep repeating until you get 100% (which will take at most 4 attempts leaving you 1 spare test). You dont even have to read the questions. This of course lets people save, compile and trade answer sheets for all of these to cut down on the time required to get perfect scores. sigh.

Things like this probably led to 2 of the big 3 dropping or making it expensive to import FEMA credits since it is not proof that you know anything, or for that matter even read the questions on the test. Then again it may be totally unrelated, I did not really investigate why they dropped (TESC) or made transferring expensive (EC).
notyou Wrote:I realize this thread is over 2 years old however the courses are still there, and presumably still yield credits.

For people that are desperate to get credits but refuse to actually learn anything this can be gamed. There are 4 answers but you get 5 attempts. Math indicates you could simply choose A for every question, review results in a new browser tab and retest in a separate tab. For any answer that is wrong select B, and keep repeating until you get 100% (which will take at most 4 attempts leaving you 1 spare test). You dont even have to read the questions. This of course lets people save, compile and trade answer sheets for all of these to cut down on the time required to get perfect scores. sigh.

Things like this probably led to 2 of the big 3 dropping or making it expensive to import FEMA credits since it is not proof that you know anything, or for that matter even read the questions on the test. Then again it may be totally unrelated, I did not really investigate why they dropped (TESC) or made transferring expensive (EC).

where there's a will, there's a way. Cheaters can find a way to cheat any system.

Welcome to the forum.
notyou Wrote:I realize this thread is over 2 years old however the courses are still there, and presumably still yield credits.

That sounds like a lot of work. It would be less tedious to just read the modules. They aren't that long.

FEMA IS courses are not ACE-recommended for college credit. That puts the onus of evaluating the courses on the college. ACE recommendations are accepted by many colleges, and accrediting organizations don't seem to have a problem with it. That is why it's an easier decision to accept the TEEX courses.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Has anyone rec'd a recent TESC evaluation for TEEX credits? I'm looking for course numbers. Thanks Smile
cookderosa Wrote:Has anyone rec'd a recent TESC evaluation for TEEX credits? I'm looking for course numbers. Thanks Smile

TEEX-250 CAP-295 Intro to Security Basics
TEEX-251 CAP-385 Network Security
TEEX-252 CIS-244 Computer Security

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Course Jacksonville State University a_dblu 61 12,164 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: BritStudent
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 88 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  free certificates in China lilyuzimu 2 196 09-24-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: wow
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 173,544 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,795 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 392 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Prerequisite and credit transfer question kblue6494 4 265 08-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: kblue6494
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,954 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,101 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  any Cert-free schools? pluggingalong 2 314 08-24-2024, 09:44 PM
Last Post: pluggingalong