Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Diploma RANT
Oh don't get me wrong....it's the meaning behind it that counts. I just figure Excelsior could make it look a little more classy. Like this:

[Image: EmbossedEditionGallery.jpg]
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
I see what you mean. That IS very attractive.
Kate
BS Psychology
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]Something to think about......In today's world of massive identity thieves I would STRONGLY SUGGEST that you DELETE and/or DISABLE the link to the aforementioned diploma image. Unless of course you want the diploma to be available for WWW access for all the world to see, copy, print, and use?[/SIZE]

I'd be happy to delete the link, but that person's diploma will still be on their personal website and be relatively easy to find. I'm not sure of the value of a fake diploma in itself, though. Most employers want an official transcript to verify a degree, not the diploma.
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
Katterina Wrote:I'd be happy to delete the link, but that person's diploma will still be on their personal website and be relatively easy to find. I'm not sure of the value of a fake diploma in itself, though. Most employers want an official transcript to verify a degree, not the diploma.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Like I said ....just something to think about.

I guess that's his business if he wants to display the diploma but we don't have to spread it around.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
An example of TESC's can be seen here:
TESC Degree
[Image: NJ5004BMGAAXX.JPG]
BrandeX Wrote:An example of TESC's can be seen here:
TESC Degree
[Image: NJ5004BMGAAXX.JPG]

For 130.00 to 140.00 I'm sure you could get one framed with the mating like the one listed.
Completed
Bachelor of Science Liberal Arts, Excelsior College
Magna Cum Laude, GPA: 3.88Smile
Associates of Science Computer Technology, Excelsior College
Highest Honors GPA: 3.95Smile
Planned:
MBA St Leo University Aug 08.
I'm going to e-mail Excelsior next week and implore them to make a change to the font. The two examples above completely outclass Excelsiors.
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
Greggy_D Wrote:I'm going to e-mail Excelsior next week and implore them to make a change to the font. The two examples above completely outclass Excelsiors.

[SIZE="2"]Hahaha!! I "implored" them last year to make a change.....GOOD LUCK!!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I wonder how many others have complained over the years? Sheesh, it can't be that hard to switch the type. Rolleyes
[COLOR="Navy"]BS Liberal Arts
Excelsior College

MS Psychology
California Coast University[/color]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"]Hahaha!! I "implored" them last year to make a change.....GOOD LUCK!!![/SIZE]

As did I, all the way to the top, and it appears as though they could care less. $480.00 for a poorly designed powerpoint slide...at least I got a gold sticker with it though!Big Grin
[SIZE="2"]Associates Degree, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Bachelors of Science, Liberal Studies Degree, Excelsior [/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]MBA Human Resource Management, California Coast University[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior HR Degree Progress glgamerica 6 2,078 07-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,476 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 5,447 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 1 1,437 07-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Last Post: hsfamfun
  Excelsior homeschoolmom1 0 1,065 07-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Excelsior annual fees homeschoolmom1 1 1,388 07-14-2018, 11:27 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Diploma at Commencement? KAnn 6 2,160 07-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Last Post: KAnn
Thumbs Up Finished My Bachelors, Received My Diploma! keepsingin 8 2,499 07-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Last Post: alleycat
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,895 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,406 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning