Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excelsior Business Policy case study.
does anyone on the board have a draft or sample case study that I could take a gander at?

[SIZE="2"]LUCK DOESN'T EXIST![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="2"]"Luck? Luck is when you're at your desk until four a.m. every night chasing deals, and a few years later you look up and your broker tells you you're worth a few million dollars"-RYAN D'AGOSTINO
"You are your own worst enemy. You waste precious time dreaming of the future instead of engaging in the present. Since nothing seems urgent to you, you are only half involved in what you do. The only way to change is through action and outside pressure. Put yourself in situations where you have too much at stake to waste time or resources - if you cannot afford to lose, you won’t. Cut your ties to the past; enter unknown territory where you must depend on your wits and energy to see you through. Place yourself on “death ground,” where your back is against the wall and you have to fight like hell to get out alive." -The 33 Strategies of War[/SIZE][/SIZE]
I found this template http://www.infotech.com/MRArchive/docs/M...wnload.doc that looks good. I typed sample business case template.

make sure you follow the Syllabus to include the following information within your case study as each is graded one to five.

1. Strategic Direction: Mission, Vision, Goals and Objectives
2. Macro Environment: Political, Economic, Social, Technological
3. Industry Environment (5 force analysis)
4. Competitor Analysis (Positioning)
5. Opportunities and Threats
6. Internal Environment (Finance, Marketing, Operations, Human Resources, the value chain, etc…)
7. What is the firm’s distinctive competence & competitive advantage?
8. Strengths and Weaknesses
9. What is the central problem or strategic issue?
10. Summarize your findings in a SWOT table
11. What are the strategic options based upon SWOT analysis?
12. What are your final recommendations?
13. What are some actions they need to take to implement and evaluate those recommendations?

Of course, prior to doing this, you need to turn in an outline. I did mine in APA format. I had the cover page and pages 2 and 3 contained the following headings:

I: Executive Summary

II: Industry and business

III: Main character

IV: Relevant theory

V: Envisioned case issue(s)

VI: Synopsis of the case

Here is a link to another one called Yahoo Case Study that dshlvrsn showed me. Yahoo Case Analysis - Technology, Business, and google Of course, that's way over the top, but you can get an idea on what information to include in yours.
Also - pay close attention the little feedback that the professor does give.

Make sure that you are selecting things that are in the textbook and give a brief reason why. ie applying a portfolio analysis because the company is comprised of multiple business units vs the single product models. Make sure that your bibliography shows that you've studied the company (I recommend that you do a little research first before declaring your case and find one that file 10K reports - They give you almost everything you need for the case study, Bios threats, background etc.) and that you've studied the concepts applied. For instanced I dug into SWOT analysis and Porter's five and went into depth with those. I also bought the four page laminated card from the EC bookstore when I started the course. I used that as a guideline going through my paper.

This is the first assignment that actually made me miss being part of a B&M class.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 128 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 472 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 236 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 2 1,459 05-27-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mdn
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 795 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 448 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 1,129 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 445 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 540 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Excelsior---Liberal Arts Degree midnite123 5 704 10-17-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: midnite123