Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evaluation report
Hello all, as an international student I sent my previous university transcripts to evaluation agency and the report came back as follows. I know most of these transfer as electives at best, but I have my bets on the highlighted courses. Hope they cover the science requirements. I request some inputs from you regarding this.

I completed all the required GEC courses from Sophia.org. Doing American Govt. on IC, and World religions on SDC(alternate to sociology on sophia). Left with 14 courses to do at UMPI.

Semester I and II : 

English                                                                                        B          3.00
Engineering Physics                                                                      C          3.00
Engineering Chemistry                                                                  C          3.00
Engineering Drawing                                                                     C          3.00
Computer Programming Laboratory                                                A           2.25
Engineering Physics and Engineering Chemistry Laboratory               A           2.25
English Language Communication Skills Laboratory                          A           2.25
Engineering Workshop and Information Technology Workshop           A           2.25
Engineering Mechanics                                                                  A           3.00

Semester III :

Environmental Studies                                                                   A            3.00
Mechanics of Solids                                                                       C            3.00
Thermodynamics                                                                           C            3.00
Metallurgy and Material Science                                                       C            3.00
Electrical and Electronics Engineering Laboratory                              A             2.25
Metallurgy and Mechanics of Solids Laboratory                                 A             2.25
Electrical and Electronics Engineering                                              C             3.00

Semester IV : 

Production Technology                                                                     C             3.00
Production Technology Laboratory                                                     B             2.25
[-] The following 1 user Likes path_seeker's post:
  • uncapentin
Which degree are you going after at UMPI? You have several lab courses, hopefully at least one of them (and it associated course) will work as the lab requirement for UMPI. Either way, you'll still need Human Biology from Sophia to cover the biology requirement.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-17-2022, 10:49 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Which degree are you going after at UMPI? You have several lab courses, hopefully at least one of them (and it associated course) will work as the lab requirement for UMPI. Either way, you'll still need Human Biology from Sophia to cover the biology requirement.

I am going to BABA Project Management, and also I completed Human Biology from Sophia.org
You need a language course, did you do the ACTFL or a Language CLEP? Why are we wasting a month taking Study.com just for World Religions? Are you going to take the Biology w/lab during that subscription? If so, great! Otherwise it would be a waste of a month when that should be taken up with Sophia.org or another inexpensive provider.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
You don't need biology w/ lab because that should be covered by Physics and/or Chemistry + Laboratory and Sophia's Human Biology.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(02-17-2022, 11:13 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You need a language course, did you do the ACTFL or a Language CLEP?  Why are we wasting a month taking Study.com just for World Religions?  Are you going to take the Biology w/lab during that subscription? If so, great!  Otherwise it would be a waste of a month when that should be taken up with Sophia.org or another inexpensive provider.

Yes, I have scheduled my ACTFL test tomorrow. I completed CS 303 Database Management on SDC first, and this is my 2nd course. Biology with Lab is an additional third course in case if these courses do not fulfil the lab requirement.
UMPI requires the lab to be taken with the science course and it should be 4 credits. I don't see any science and lab courses taken together that are 4 credits so completing the bio with lab is a good idea. The engineering science classes don't have an individual lab the way you have them listed. It looks like 2 sciences shared a lab. The classes on the evaluation will come in as general electives for the most part. Calling a class English doesn't really mean much. Was it a class where you learned English as a language or like an American English composition or literature class? Where did you take your ethics class?
(02-17-2022, 01:03 PM)ss20ts Wrote: UMPI requires the lab to be taken with the science course and it should be 4 credits. I don't see any science and lab courses taken together that are 4 credits so completing the bio with lab is a good idea. The engineering science classes don't have an individual lab the way you have them listed. It looks like 2 sciences shared a lab. The classes on the evaluation will come in as general electives for the most part. Calling a class English doesn't really mean much. Was it a class where you learned English as a language or like an American English composition or literature class? Where did you take your ethics class?

I took ethics on Sophia.org, and the English class is taught as a foreign/communication language but not the composition type class as taught in US univ. 
As per, my conversation with UMPI admissions dept., having a English course in previous university will waive IELTS/TOEFL for foreign students. So, it's more like a proof rather than a transfer course.
Even if physics & chem doesn't count because of their combined lab, you also have electrical & electronics w/ lab. You might (or might not) have to argue, but you really ought to have the lab science requirement covered by at least one of your classes.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Enrollment and transfer evaluation process AverageAlien 0 112 09-22-2024, 01:25 PM
Last Post: AverageAlien
  Credit evaluation from UMPI lynnii2 5 585 09-19-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit evaluation prior to enrollment Chimera 3 249 09-18-2024, 11:19 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Transfer Credit Evaluation w/o Applying to UMPI? b819 15 2,421 07-18-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Trasnfer Credit Report Completed colonelcamp 8 613 06-17-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
Exclamation YourPace Degree report update tdat314 1 612 05-29-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Does UMPI accept transcript report from ACEI? lucillegyl 5 783 05-18-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ishady
  Help, UMPI Transcript Evaluation Errors SophiaPrincess 5 584 05-17-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Got my transcript evaluation! CharisandJon 6 668 05-10-2024, 07:03 PM
  UMPI Credit Evaluation Wait Times mohelena02 15 2,474 01-05-2024, 10:06 PM