Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
English Composition II
Thanks for the feedback I'm starting my study.com run with English Comp II as first on my list of 7 courses I need through SDC.
Depending on the student needs/wants... If you're close to a testing centre and have the energy/time to go on site - CLEP is free after completing ModernStates.org and getting a voucher through them. Having said that, if you want more practice with English Comp/Writing, going the ACE option may be better, be it Sophia.org, Study.com, even StraighterLine, or another provider that helps you with better writing for future courses...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Vin
Options that will meet the English Comp II requirement at TESU:

CLEP College Composition w/Essay - free through Modern States
DSST Principles of Advanced English Comp
TECEP ENC-102: English Composition II
Coopersmith ENG-104: English Composition II
Davar ENG-102: English Comp II
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Vin
I decided I am going a different route and taking the DSST which has no writing assignments. Study.com does have a course focused on the DSST.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vin's post:
  • origamishuttle
(05-07-2023, 02:49 PM)Vin Wrote: I decided I am going a different route and taking the DSST which has no writing assignments.  Study.com does have a course focused on the DSST.

My friend you run or skip the writing assignments, but at the end to do cornerstone and capstone you need to have writing skills. I was one that hates writing and for my surprise to finish my bachelor degree I was needed to write a bunch of assignment and also to do a presentation. Now I understand why you need a foundation of English 1&2 and public speaking. At the end of the major you need to have these skills if you want to graduate.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 3 users Like gams007's post:
  • jch, Pach, Vin
(05-08-2023, 11:30 AM)gams007 Wrote:
(05-07-2023, 02:49 PM)Vin Wrote: I decided I am going a different route and taking the DSST which has no writing assignments.  Study.com does have a course focused on the DSST.

My friend you run or skip the writing assignments, but at the end to do cornerstone and capstone you need to have writing skills. I was one that hates writing and for my surprise to finish my bachelor degree I was needed to write a bunch of assignment and also to do a presentation. Now I understand why you need a foundation of English 1&2 and public speaking. At the end of the major you need to have these skills if you want to graduate.

I reached the same realization in the end. I had big fears about the CLEP Composition essay, so went the CLEP modular + DSST route. Well, that was a questionable move. My later upper-level courses had tons of long essay questions on exams, in addition to extended papers. Bottom line, while college writing can be intimidating, putting it off doesn't help. Written communication is critical to college success, and it's a skill that needs to be mastered early.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020

Do you mind sharing the link for DSST? I need English Comp II to meet my TESU requirement. Looking for other options other than Study.com & Sophia

Thanks
Let me know if this helps.

https://getcollegecredit.com/exam/new-pr...mposition/

https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/curre...sst-exams/

https://study.com/academy/course/dsst-pr...-prep.html
English Comp I and English Comp II were brutal, it took me 3 months to sit down and knock out the writings.
Completed:
Physical Science, AAS
 | College Southern Nevada | Graduated Class of 2024  

In Progress:
Management Information Systems, BLS | University of Maine, Presque Isle [Image: logo_main.svg]

Project Management, BAS | College of Southern Nevada  [Image: convert?url=https%3a%2f%2fdxbhsrqyrr690....&type=webp]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  English Composition I Sophia Touchstones homeschoolmom1 8 282 10-24-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  English Comp II on Sophia vs at UMPI colonelcamp 11 1,179 07-26-2024, 08:34 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,883 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org English Composition II -- Grader Experiences ashkir 67 13,688 02-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Sophia English Composition II Experience lifted567 14 2,648 01-04-2024, 05:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English Comp 2 dbrown2258 7 1,317 09-10-2023, 01:11 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  does sophia english touch stone allow to use chatgpt or grammerly? sekiflying 10 4,897 08-13-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: sekiflying
Heart Is it possible to finish English composition II in one month on study.com? imkingta 16 2,534 07-22-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Want to drop out of Sophia English Composition I Avidreader 17 2,591 07-07-2023, 06:08 PM
Last Post: lumina
  English comp 2 Sophia/study.com/olivia/tel? SweetsugarNL 12 4,353 07-03-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: frankc