Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 4.03 Average
ENEB Master Thread
I put in on my Linkedin as Universidad Isabel I for about a week before I decided to delete it. I don't list it on my resume at all.
(06-17-2021, 03:35 PM)raycathode Wrote: I put in on my Linkedin as Universidad Isabel I for about a week before I decided to delete it. I don't list it on my resume at all.

Understandable. The shame of a legit Master's can just be too great to bear  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes eLearner's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
I am wondering if the Master's degree is actually a real Master of Arts (MA) and if you are allowed to use the title behind your name? I cannot find anything on the ENEB website in regards to that. To me the MBA degree would be the better choice then. What do you think?
(06-18-2021, 05:09 PM)Jakob Wrote: I am wondering if the Master's degree is actually a real Master of Arts (MA) and if you are allowed to use the title behind your name? I cannot find anything on the ENEB website in regards to that. To me the MBA degree would be the better choice then. What do you think?

The Arts and Sciences designations we're familiar with in the United States are not common to Spain. However, ENEB has said that it's okay to write it as 'MA' and probably because they know that Americans will be looking for familiar terms.

My take: don't write it as MA even though the school is okay with it. It's unnecessary and even though you are doing it with the permission of the school, it will not be written that way on the diploma or transcripts so you'll want to avoid any possible appearance of shenanigans on your part. 

Here is the good thing: Just like the American Master of Business Administration (MBA), the Master of Professional Studies (MPS), and a number of other American degrees that don't carry Arts or Sciences designations, they still have their post-nominals built-in. For instance, if you finished a Master of Project Management from a school in Spain, you'd have an MPM. Another poster put up an example of the MPM being written as such coming from an American school, too.

So in short, to be 100% honest and safe, always stick to what's written on your diploma no matter where you earn it from, and only use post-nominals that fit your degree title.
(06-18-2021, 10:48 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 03:35 PM)raycathode Wrote: I put in on my Linkedin as Universidad Isabel I for about a week before I decided to delete it. I don't list it on my resume at all.

Understandable. The shame of a legit Master's can just be too great to bear  Big Grin

I deleted the pending PhD in Education from University of Central Nicaragua on my LinkedIn Profile.  It's still on my Facebook page in my about section though.  I will probably put it back up on Linkedin once I decide to stay on task and complete the degree.  I just don't want to appear overqualified while applying for positions using an incomplete foreign degree.  Once I am somewhere in my career that reflects more on the degree then I will promote myself with it more.   These foreign degrees are legitimate but have stirred up a bit of controversy with evaluators because of the ambiguous political views and outcomes.
(06-22-2021, 02:13 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: I deleted the pending PhD in Education from University of Central Nicaragua on my LinkedIn Profile.  It's still on my Facebook page in my about section though.  I will probably put it back up on Linkedin once I decide to stay on task and complete the degree.  I just don't want to appear overqualified while applying for positions using an incomplete foreign degree.  Once I am somewhere in my career that reflects more on the degree then I will promote myself with it more.   These foreign degrees are legitimate but have stirred up a bit of controversy with evaluators because of the ambiguous political views and outcomes.
That makes sense. I kid Ray because I already know he checked out on the school we're discussing long ago and was an early detractor of its ability to get any positive evaluations. In fairness to Ray, none of us were sure it would. He did seem slightly more supportive when the positive evaluations rolled in, but it looks like it's fallen out of favor with him again, and he is perfectly within his right to take that position and not list it.

At the end of the day, you have to be comfortable with what you put on your CV. Your situation is different though because you're not ashamed or embarrassed of your school choice (nor should you be as the school is legitimate).

For ENEB, with the small amount the school charges, I wouldn't waste my time even going through it all if I felt it wasn't something I was ever going to use after looking through the program. That time could be better spent on a program with greater recognition if I didn't feel comfortable having others know I did it.
(06-18-2021, 05:46 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 05:09 PM)Jakob Wrote: Me pregunto si la maestría es en realidad una verdadera Maestría en Artes (MA) y si se le permite usar el título detrás de su nombre. No puedo encontrar nada en el sitio web de ENEB al respecto. Para mí, el título de MBA sería la mejor opción en ese momento. ¿Qué piensas?

Las designaciones de Artes y Ciencias con las que estamos familiarizados en los Estados Unidos no son comunes en España. Sin embargo, ENEB ha dicho que está bien escribirlo como 'MA' y probablemente porque saben que los estadounidenses buscarán términos familiares.

Mi opinión: no lo escriba como MA aunque la escuela esté de acuerdo con eso. Es innecesario y, aunque lo está haciendo con el permiso de la escuela, no se escribirá de esa manera en el diploma o en las transcripciones, por lo que querrá evitar cualquier posible aparición de travesuras de su parte. 

Aquí está lo bueno: al igual que la Maestría Estadounidense en Administración de Empresas (MBA), la Maestría en Estudios Profesionales (MPS) y una serie de otros títulos estadounidenses que no tienen designaciones de Artes o Ciencias, todavía tienen su postgrado nominales incorporados. Por ejemplo, si terminaste un Máster en Gestión de Proyectos de una escuela en España, tendrías un MPM. Otro cartel puso un ejemplo de que el MPM se escribió como tal proveniente también de una escuela estadounidense.

En resumen, para ser 100% honesto y seguro, siempre ciña lo que está escrito en tu diploma sin importar de dónde lo obtengas, y solo usa post-nominales que se ajusten a tu título de grado.

For me, ENEB is a very good option for all those who want to obtain an MBA or a master's degree. As rachel83az has said in her single wiki page: "ENEB is not a diploma mill. ENEB has the proper qualifications in Spain to grant proper titles and they have partnered with what an American could consider the equivalent of an RA school (Isabel I) to give more weight to their own titles ".

For me it is the best option for its low prices and its teachers. 100% recommended.

I hope to help someone who doesn't know what to do.
(06-29-2021, 07:05 AM)ChrisPalmer Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 05:46 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 05:09 PM)Jakob Wrote: Me pregunto si la maestría es en realidad una verdadera Maestría en Artes (MA) y si se le permite usar el título detrás de su nombre. No puedo encontrar nada en el sitio web de ENEB al respecto. Para mí, el título de MBA sería la mejor opción en ese momento. ¿Qué piensas?

Las designaciones de Artes y Ciencias con las que estamos familiarizados en los Estados Unidos no son comunes en España. Sin embargo, ENEB ha dicho que está bien escribirlo como 'MA' y probablemente porque saben que los estadounidenses buscarán términos familiares.

Mi opinión: no lo escriba como MA aunque la escuela esté de acuerdo con eso. Es innecesario y, aunque lo está haciendo con el permiso de la escuela, no se escribirá de esa manera en el diploma o en las transcripciones, por lo que querrá evitar cualquier posible aparición de travesuras de su parte. 

Aquí está lo bueno: al igual que la Maestría Estadounidense en Administración de Empresas (MBA), la Maestría en Estudios Profesionales (MPS) y una serie de otros títulos estadounidenses que no tienen designaciones de Artes o Ciencias, todavía tienen su postgrado nominales incorporados. Por ejemplo, si terminaste un Máster en Gestión de Proyectos de una escuela en España, tendrías un MPM. Otro cartel puso un ejemplo de que el MPM se escribió como tal proveniente también de una escuela estadounidense.

En resumen, para ser 100% honesto y seguro, siempre ciña lo que está escrito en tu diploma sin importar de dónde lo obtengas, y solo usa post-nominales que se ajusten a tu título de grado.

For me, ENEB is a very good option for all those who want to obtain an MBA or a master's degree. As rachel83az has said in her single wiki page: "ENEB is not a diploma mill. ENEB has the proper qualifications in Spain to grant proper titles and they have partnered with what an American could consider the equivalent of an RA school (Isabel I) to give more weight to their own titles ".

For me it is the best option for its low prices and its teachers. 100% recommended.

You registered and posted this today.
No other experience here.
That's not suspect at all.
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025
MLM - Elmwood Inst. - June 2025

Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA

Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors -PC&TC  8/2021
ASBA (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 2 users Like TINASAM's post:
  • jsd, ss20ts
(06-29-2021, 08:28 AM)TINASAM Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 07:05 AM)ChrisPalmer Wrote: For me, ENEB is a very good option for all those who want to obtain an MBA or a master's degree. As rachel83az has said in her single wiki page: "ENEB is not a diploma mill. ENEB has the proper qualifications in Spain to grant proper titles and they have partnered with what an American could consider the equivalent of an RA school (Isabel I) to give more weight to their own titles ".

You registered and posted this today.
No other experience here.
That's not suspect at all.

They've clearly found the wiki and have been reading it. That's more effort than a lot of newbies put into things and definitely more effort than spammers put in.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(06-29-2021, 08:50 AM)rachel83az Wrote: They've clearly found the wiki and have been reading it. That's more effort than a lot of newbies put into things and definitely more effort than spammers put in.

I think Tina is saying the newbie is actually a representative of ENEB. They've been known to pop up with messages like that on boards like this (they've done it here a few times) and Reddit with similar messages, and then disappear making no other posts. It's kind of lame really.
[-] The following 2 users Like eLearner's post:
  • jsd, TINASAM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 182 17,885 5 hours ago
Last Post: Bingbong
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB) ashkir 81 39,904 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: xentium
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,324 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 11 1,174 09-04-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 889 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 202 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 622 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 119 20,369 08-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Help with ENEB David1477 11 2,153 08-27-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  ENEB and Amazon akr680 6 603 08-26-2024, 06:09 PM