Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 4.03 Average
ENEB Master Thread
I have written here before that I registered for the Hotel Management course (plus two other courses) at ENEB about a year ago in something like July 2023 and told my coworkers at that time, who told my boss and recommended me for a promotion. Then my boss decided and agreed to grant the promotion in October 2023 but it never actually happened. Happy to say I have now this week (end of May 2024) finally gotten that promotion.

I am going from solely housekeeper and room stripper to front desk manager and laundry plus the former duties. Front desk manager duties include basic daily and monthly accounting, new hire paperwork, monitoring both the separate housekeeping and maintenance chats at once, chasing out drug addict customers, overnight duties with you being the only person on shift, and checking in/out customers or dealing with customer complaints via a convoluted outdated computer system from the 90s where we have to manually check and input rates at competing locations like booking.com. It also comes with a slight pay increase and is a direct pipeline to what could be a general hotel manager position, plus counts as skilled labor in Japan so could get me a visa to there. There is also an increase from working 6 days in summer and as little as 1 day every couple months in winter, to working at least 4 days a week even in winter and likely 7 days a week in summer.

As a comparison, of the other two front desk managers, one worked here off and on 3 years before they got to front desk, the other is a family friend of the manager and had been helping out volunteering since before they were legal age to work. Of my remaining coworkers, one has been working here 5 years and the other 10 years and neither have moved to a higher position within that time, although they have gotten pay raises. I have only been working here for around 1 year.

As stated earlier, this promotion has nothing to do with the ENEB brand name itself, my boss has not even seen my diploma (as the Isabel one still hasn't come yet), but the talk about it is what triggered my former manager to tell the boss to promote me. Other people have gotten into this same job position without any relevant education or even any college education at all, but as I am disabled via a visual impairment I have had a heck of a time getting hired anywhere in the first place much less actually getting anywhere at any job, and this is the first promotion I've ever got (I'm in my 30s). Aside from ENEB I have a finished AA, BA, two finished trade schools and have an in-progress MA, all at regionally accredited schools, and ENEB is the only one that got me a pay raise to above minimum wage. It is definitely a question of who your manager is, if they value education at all or not.

(05-28-2024, 10:52 PM)Max007 Wrote: Also, sent you a couple of PMs a while ago.  Could you please check your inbox.
Thanks, mate.

Thanks, will do. As you know the forum sometimes just doesn't tell people they have new PMs!
[-] The following 5 users Like nykorn's post:
  • aimz, BadSquirrelBeta, jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, zebrahead
Congratulations on your hard work and dedication to education and bettering yourself. I do hope it all works out for you and you will continue to grow and earn what you certainly deserve!! Way to go!
Universidad Isabel I/ENEB, 22/23:  You Pick!
To whom it might concern.

If you take the "exam" route to get your ENEB masters and you got 88% for example, all your grades will be "8.8" .
No matter how you performed in your Quizes and so on, it is all ignored and thrown out. 

All my subjects have the same grade ... "8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, 8.8, "

I wonder how evaluation agencies in different countries would see that as. 

Basically, its a B on all subjects as I understand. Because an A starts after 9.0

Oh. I paid 600€ so far for ENEB, and they want about 600€ - 800€ (I don't remember exactly, it was a month ago I had the offer from them) more for the physical degree + UC1 stuff + apostilled.
(05-29-2024, 09:47 AM)__Jethrobee__ Wrote: Has everyone else got the email about the Harvard Business Publications courses?

thanks to this very important agreement, you will be able to study the prestigious intensive courses from the Harvard ManageMentor collection, by enrolling only on May 31 at a reduced price thanks to RED FRIDAY!

Imagine recruiters staring at the badge of one of the world's most reputable universities on your resume. Is there a greater impact?

All courses include six online modules with didactic content designed by Harvard Business Publishing in the United States. Its flexible methodology allows you to complete each module in less than 2 hours, wherever and whenever you want!

Looks good value at 99 Euro, 129 Euro or 149 Euro for all. I was just wondering what you get exactly at the end of it, it is some sort of Harvard Business Certificate of completion? Or just a badge to display on LinkedIn?

Anyone have any more details?

I’d skip it.  If you are enrolled in one of their MBA or Master’s programs, then you won’t need this.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
ecdw94 Wrote:Oh. I paid 600€ so far for ENEB, and they want about 600€ - 800€ (I don't remember exactly, it was a month ago I had the offer from them) more for the physical degree + UC1 stuff + apostilled.

Don't pay the extra unless you really need the UC1 and physical degree, plus the Hague Apostille. Anyways, if you followed my discount thread link, it's 50% off for these.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-27-2024, 11:16 AM)slammX Wrote:
(05-27-2024, 09:43 AM)nykorn Wrote:
(05-09-2024, 01:05 PM)Jakob Wrote: Is it still possible to sign up for the spanish program and then switch to english?

They told me the Spanish and English sections are considered as entirely different schools on the legal / administrative side of things and what is valid or true for the Spanish section isn't necessarily the same for the English section, so that sounds like you can't switch. But I didn't directly ask about switching.

This is my understanding as well. They are different schools entirely. 

What process did you follow to get the Global MBA? I emailed ENEB with the question and their response was unexpected.

1. What is the process for registering for and earning the UI1 Global MBA degree? My understanding is that I would need to complete 3 Masters Degrees.
Kindly note that the University of Isabel does not grant Global MBA's degrees.

I completed 3 Master's degrees at once at ENEB and they did not give me a Global diploma, they gave me 3 separate Master's diplomas. I didn't ask them to give me a global one either though.

Which three did you do?

Although I did not get a response to my question from the English school, looking at the Spanish and Portuguese schools' curriculums, the MBA, Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence and Master in Project Management Masters programmes make up the Global MBA programme. I will try this combination and see whether I can get the Global MBA from ENEB and UI1.

ENEB finally responded:

"Please note that the Isabel does no longer issue one single certificate for a triple master, but three separate certificates."

They also highlighted that, despite three separate certificates, the total ECTS credits are still limited to a maximum of 90 from UI1 across the three masters.
(05-30-2024, 09:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
ecdw94 Wrote:Oh. I paid 600€ so far for ENEB, and they want about 600€ - 800€ (I don't remember exactly, it was a month ago I had the offer from them) more for the physical degree + UC1 stuff + apostilled.

Don't pay the extra unless you really need the UC1 and physical degree, plus the Hague Apostille.  Anyways, if you followed my discount thread link, it's 50% off for these.

Well... ENEB cert is pointless. I did it for the UC1, specifically for WES Canada, but they don't even accept it. Maybe Australia accepts :Big Grinut nobody has tried, and to "try", I'd need to pay about 800$ :Sad  (I asked them if they evaluate such degrees, or even american NA degrees, and they just told me "try and see it for yourself ;Wink
(05-14-2024, 02:02 AM)slammX Wrote: Hi Everyone.

First time poster here. I've read this entire thread for the most part and it has been very helpful. I registered for the ENEB MBA in 2021, but back then there wasn't anything good to say online and I just couldn't get myself to commit all that time and effort to something that, in my mind, was questionable at best. I'm glad that I found this forum. It has helped me go from sceptic to hopeful to actually buying the vouchers.

With the intro out of the way, has anyone received a Global Masters diploma (ENEB triple masters) from UI1 yet? If so, how many ECTS credits did they award?

I would like to eventually get it evaluated for equivalency with SAQA in South Africa but the minimum credits for a Masters is 180 (which is equivalent 90 ECTS credits). This would also depend on how SAQA evaluates the level of complexity of each component module. 180 masters level credits are needed in South Africa at  credits are needed i.e. NQF level 9 credits on a 10 level framework, with 10 being doctoral studies. If any credits are deemed to have been earned at a lower level of complexity then I will be out of luck. I do still intend to try though.

Then does anyone know whether my first registration in 2021 will appear on my permanent record? I don't remember whether I officially dropped the program or whether I just stopped visiting the portal and forgot about it. It might have been the latter, so I assume this would have resulted in a fail or a "did not complete"? I don't think I even did a single paper back then. I can't access the portal now to check. It says my email address doesn't exist in the system.
I submitted my qualifications for SAQA evaluation mid last year and I still have not received my outcome. Did you submit?
(05-31-2024, 08:43 PM)GoNo Wrote:
(05-14-2024, 02:02 AM)slammX Wrote: Hi Everyone.

First time poster here. I've read this entire thread for the most part and it has been very helpful. I registered for the ENEB MBA in 2021, but back then there wasn't anything good to say online and I just couldn't get myself to commit all that time and effort to something that, in my mind, was questionable at best. I'm glad that I found this forum. It has helped me go from sceptic to hopeful to actually buying the vouchers.

With the intro out of the way, has anyone received a Global Masters diploma (ENEB triple masters) from UI1 yet? If so, how many ECTS credits did they award?

I would like to eventually get it evaluated for equivalency with SAQA in South Africa but the minimum credits for a Masters is 180 (which is equivalent 90 ECTS credits). This would also depend on how SAQA evaluates the level of complexity of each component module. 180 masters level credits are needed in South Africa at  credits are needed i.e. NQF level 9 credits on a 10 level framework, with 10 being doctoral studies. If any credits are deemed to have been earned at a lower level of complexity then I will be out of luck. I do still intend to try though.

Then does anyone know whether my first registration in 2021 will appear on my permanent record? I don't remember whether I officially dropped the program or whether I just stopped visiting the portal and forgot about it. It might have been the latter, so I assume this would have resulted in a fail or a "did not complete"? I don't think I even did a single paper back then. I can't access the portal now to check. It says my email address doesn't exist in the system.
I submitted my qualifications for SAQA evaluation mid last year and I still have not received my outcome. Did you submit?

Was that for the MBA qualification? I haven't completed yet, but I will eventually submit once I do. 

What information did you submit to SAQA? ENEB diplomas and transcripts, or UI1 diplomas?

My assumption is that if SAQA is delayed its likely because the University hasn't responded to their requests for information. Are you able to follow up with SAQA?

Looks like ENEB has changed the way that it manages assignment.
- You no longer email it. You upload it online.
- PDF is no longer allowed, only Word. They have a template, which has been locked down with non-editable and editable fields.
- Images are no longer allowed, only text and tables. They no longer award points for the use of visual graphics and charts. This is very limiting in my opinion as so much can be conveyed much more quickly through a simple graphic.

My assumption is that they are applying some AI-assisted processing or eve grading. Hoping this will help speed up the grading process, but who knows how it will impact the grades going forward. 

They have also changed their rubric. Additional Information and References used to account for 25% of the grade, now it accounts for a total of only 10% (1/10 points).

Here's the new rubric.

The final work will be evaluated based on the following criteria: 

·      Acquired Knowledge (3 points): To receive the maximum score, the work must demonstrate an exceptional and complete understanding of the theoretical concepts relevant to the subject, applying this knowledge effectively and accurately to the case analysis. The student is expected to integrate theories, principles, and models studied during the program in a way that significantly enriches their analysis and argumentation.

·      Development of the Subject (3 points): The maximum score will be awarded when the student performs a coherent and deeply analytical analysis of the statement, offering clear, well-founded, and critical interpretations of the presented case. The development of the statement is expected to show an exceptional ability to identify and analyze key issues, using logical reasoning and relevant evidence to construct solid arguments.

·      Final Outcome (3 points): To achieve the maximum score in this area, the presented solution must be comprehensive, correct, and exceptionally articulated, meeting all the established parameters for the presentation. The final outcome is expected not only to effectively solve the posed problem but also to be presented in a manner that demonstrates a deep understanding and practical application of the acquired knowledge.

·      Added Value (0.5 points): The maximum score in added value is achieved when the student contributes significant elements that enrich the analysis beyond the basic requirements. This may include original analyses, novel perspectives, innovative practical applications, or the integration of theories or models not covered in class. Creativity and the ability to connect the case with broader concepts or contexts are particularly valued.

Supplementary Bibliography (0.5 points): To receive the maximum score in supplementary bibliography, the work must include a selection of relevant and current sources that are properly cited according to APA guidelines. These sources must support and significantly expand the case analysis, demonstrating an effort to go beyond the material provided in class and find additional information that adds depth and context to the work.
I just started on my ENEB coursework on yesterday, June 1st. I had enrolled in the November promo but delayed my start date. I've heard that there has been an even longer delay on the issuance of Isabel I certificates. However, with the partnership ENEB has going on with NACES evaluator IEE, I would recommend those who need an evaluation to go ahead and get it done since IEE already recognizes ENEB under the umbrella of Isabel I. There is no need to wait on the Isabel I certificate to get a positive evaluation of graduate certificate from a regionally accredited institution.

Of course, other evaluators that have not evaluated ENEB before or only accept Isabel I as the accreditor will still require the Isabel I certificate. So far, IEE still has the best result among the NACES evaluators.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB) ashkir 66 38,148 3 minutes ago
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 21 804 20 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 11 849 09-04-2024, 11:05 PM
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 177 16,610 09-04-2024, 02:33 PM
Last Post: mdel210201
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 775 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 135 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 581 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 119 20,024 08-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Help with ENEB David1477 11 2,040 08-27-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  ENEB and Amazon akr680 6 511 08-26-2024, 06:09 PM