Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degree advice pls
I am looking for advice on what degree I should most consider, that will give me the best value. I am torn and am seeking reasonable and thoughtful advice. I am 51 years old and I am mostly just wanting to finish something I started a long time ago.

I LOVE Psychology, and I have a lot of credits in psych, but everywhere I look I see it being said that it is a terrible degree that unless your going for your masters, has no real world value. 

I am looking at going to either WSU or UMPI and I had a transcript evaluation done on a Bachelor of Science Business Administration, Management degree, and I was gutted when I seen how little my credits would get used. It only covered 12% of my degree if I went that route. Please take a look at what I'm looking at and give me some thoughts on what direction would be best to look at.

I am posting a screenshot of my credits earned.

I am open to consider any degree, any college. I am just looking for the smartest, best advise that will give me value in the degree.

Thank you.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5178]

Attached Files
.jpg   4 hours ago">creditsearned1.jpg (Size: 127.6 KB / Downloads: 23)
UMPI does offer a psychology bachelor's degree. What would you want to do with a degree in psych is probably something you need to ask yourself. Can you be a psychologist? Probably not. It normally involves advanced degrees and licensing. It would be the stepping stone to those degrees and licensing though.
(3 hours ago)ss20ts Wrote: UMPI does offer a psychology bachelor's degree. What would you want to do with a degree in psych is probably something you need to ask yourself. Can you be a psychologist? Probably not. It normally involves advanced degrees and licensing. It would be the stepping stone to those degrees and licensing though.

This is my Delima. I highly doubt I would continue through to a masters degree, so the "job" I could get with the psych degree likely wouldn't offer much value in the work place. This is what I'm seeking advise on. Given the credits I have, what is my fastest route to a degree that will offer some real-world paycheck value. what school/degree should I be looking at?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tamuc & WGU planning advice onward25 9 137 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Master's Degree Options dm.hans32 3 287 6 hours ago
Last Post: spohara
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 6 208 7 hours ago
Last Post: davewill
  Degree planning advice needed, all opinions welcome Lucidus 5 251 09-20-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Lucidus
  Bachelors Degree Planning Guidance intergalacticyam 6 248 09-19-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bachelor Degree Help envirodude 2 203 09-18-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  UMPI BLS degree planning advice MCMDF79 10 544 09-17-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: MCMDF79
  Hello Everyone, How Does My Degree Plan Look? karlvon 4 290 09-14-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: karlvon
  recommendation for fastest bachelor degree? BrendaB 4 302 09-13-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree plan wanted for UK student (CS) FungiTao 1 148 09-13-2024, 07:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77