Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dantes History Exams
Okay, this is the deal. I missed the US History 2 by only three points last week and I need to take either the History of the Vietnam War or Civil War by next Friday, which would be the best.....???? I have read the previous notes on both and I am still unsure. I need to pass this test.... I know IC does not have the Vietnam one but which is better with remembering facts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated......:confused:
Over 40 Wrote:Okay, this is the deal. I missed the US History 2 by only three points last week and I need to take either the History of the Vietnam War or Civil War by next Friday, which would be the best.....???? I have read the previous notes on both and I am still unsure. I need to pass this test.... I know IC does not have the Vietnam one but which is better with remembering facts?? Any help would be greatly appreciated......:confused:
>>

Which do you have more base knowledge of? Have you watched documentaries, or do you have a better interest in either? If so, that's the one to choose.
If I had to choose between the two, I would choose Civil War over Vietnam War for several reasons:
(1) I have very little knowledge of the Vietnam War
(2) its not in IC and it would require more studying.

However, Civil War is also not an easy exam either, it’s an Upper Level credit, but it would be an easier learning curve because some of the things we learned in High School (US), but the added bonus is that you can get from the Public Library or the book store a copy of Ken Burns Civil War DVD’s (about 10 hrs worth), that will provide some great information about the Civil War. This would be my choice. – Good luck!
Passed CLEP & DSST, Principles of Marketing, Principles of Management, Principles of Supervision, Human Resource Management, Here's To Your Health, Civil War & Reconstruction, Drugs & Alcohol Abuse, Introduction To Psychology, Introduction To Sociology, Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union, Criminal Justice, Into to Law Enforcement, Astronomy, Environment and Humanity, Technical Writing, Foundations of Education, Western Europe Since 1945, DSST Organization Behavior, ECE Ethics: Theory & Practice, Intro to Business, ECE Abnormal Psychology, ECE World Population, ECE Psychology of Adulthood and Aging, Fundamentals of Counseling
I would definitely take the Civil War exam. Instacert combined with the little purple Spark notes book (Civil War) more than prepared me for that exam. I actually thought the exam was extremely easy. It also has a lot of overlap with the clep US History I and II exams as well. Study the IC material and get the spark notes books and you will ace this exam.
Don G. -Atlanta, GA
A.S. Liberal Arts , Excelsior College,3/2007
B.S. Business, Excelsior College,"On the Way"

"Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will"
--Dr. Robert Anthony
I took the History of Vietnam DSST because I lived through it. I figured because I knew the basics this would be easier. I also listened to a book on tape and used spark notes. If you are much younger and don't have any memory of the Vietnam War I would say Civil war would probably not be that much harder and it is upper level credit. For that I would recommend the movie Gettysburg it has a lot of names of generals and references to other battles.

Good Luck.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Hey,

Thanks for the input. I think I will go with the Civil War. Where do you get the spark notes books.....????:o
Any larger book store or AMazon probably has them
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 499 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 393 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Master of Letters in History dewisant 4 534 06-28-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 516 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,220 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 551 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 7,245 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,289 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  History of Degree Awarding Tomes MichaelGates 2 637 07-06-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Legacy Admissions with Anti-Semitic History Challenged sanantone 2 661 07-04-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone