Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Transcript help needed
I went the to getcollegecredit.com page and followed their process for ordering a transcript with Parchment. I clicked on the Prometric/DSST tile and paid my $30 for a transcript to be sent to TESU. I received an email the next day saying my transcript order was placed on hold. A follow up email said that it was canceled because it was empty. As noted in my signature, I have 3 DSSTs that were taken in the first couple months of 2020. They are displayed on my Excelsior transcript as shown in my Degree planning post. 

Anyone have a similar issue? I have already emailed them trying to get this figured out. I am wondering if it is because I took them as a disabled Veteran. According to the DANTES website, they say to order DOD "funded" DSST exams, to go to the website and click on Military but that route just takes me back through the same process as doing it as civilian.
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision
IIRC, this happens from time to time. So, you're not alone. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the last person who had issues with their DSST transcript had to do to get it resolved.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-13-2023, 12:09 PM)GameSlinger Wrote: I went the to getcollegecredit.com page and followed their process for ordering a transcript with Parchment. I clicked on the Prometric/DSST tile and paid my $30 for a transcript to be sent to TESU. I received an email the next day saying my transcript order was placed on hold. A follow up email said that it was canceled because it was empty. As noted in my signature, I have 3 DSSTs that were taken in the first couple months of 2020. They are displayed on my Excelsior transcript as shown in my Degree planning post. 

Anyone have a similar issue? I have already emailed them trying to get this figured out. I am wondering if it is because I took them as a disabled Veteran. According to the DANTES website, they say to order DOD "funded" DSST exams, to go to the website and click on Military but that route just takes me back through the same process as doing it as civilian.

Yes, I had a similar situation. ☹️ Talking to them on the phone, numerous times, eventually sorted the issue out, but it took a long time. Also, it might be a good idea to make sure your information is correct (ie: ss# is correct on your DSST exam(s) , collegeboard account  and Excelsior account) I can't remember what account but one of them was wrong... it didn't match up and caused additional issues for me. Your situation might be different from mine but make sure you have everything sorted from your end before calling. Emailing didn't work for me at all. 
Goal: BA in English (TESU)
91/120

In progress-Coopersmith: Medieval Hispano- Jewish Poetry
(08-14-2023, 12:40 PM)Oulton1 Wrote:
(08-13-2023, 12:09 PM)GameSlinger Wrote: I went the to getcollegecredit.com page and followed their process for ordering a transcript with Parchment. I clicked on the Prometric/DSST tile and paid my $30 for a transcript to be sent to TESU. I received an email the next day saying my transcript order was placed on hold. A follow up email said that it was canceled because it was empty. As noted in my signature, I have 3 DSSTs that were taken in the first couple months of 2020. They are displayed on my Excelsior transcript as shown in my Degree planning post. 

Yes, I had a similar situation. ☹️ Talking to them on the phone, numerous times, eventually sorted the issue out, but it took a long time. Also, it might be a good idea to make sure your information is correct (ie: ss# is correct on your DSST exam(s) , collegeboard account  and Excelsior account) I can't remember what account but one of them was wrong... it didn't match up and caused additional issues for me. Your situation might be different from mine but make sure you have everything sorted from your end before calling. Emailing didn't work for me at all. 

If only I could find a phone number to call them at. All the info I am finding is for sending emails. I am already 8 emails in and they just sent me a link saying all i had to do was click the link, log in, and order again but select military. I clicked it and it takes me back to the same screen I was already at that has a greyed out button that wont let proceed with anything.
In Progress: 
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

Philosophy 301

College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

Final Update:

Email tech support was of no assistance. I was able to figure it out on my own after a lot of digging through the page. I realized there was no way to Delete the tile showing DSST/CLEP Prometric, so I went searching for it. Once I deleted the "school" from the list, I was able to add it back again and do it correctly. I will outline the process step by step if anyone wants to add it to the Wiki. Hope this saves someone some headaches in the future.

To order DSST transcripts as active Military or Veteran, you must follow these steps. 
  1. Go to https://www.parchment.com/
  2. Log In or Create a new account
  3. Once at Dashboard, click Add School/Organization
  4. For name of school, enter Prometric
  5. Fill in all relevant data, but make sure you select that you are ordering as Military (this includes Veterans)
IF you accidently add Prometric as a Civilian, you will need to remove it from your list of schools in order to proceed.
  1. From your Dashboard, click Profile then Account Settings
  2. Click Transcripts tab at the top of page
  3. Scroll down to Prometric
  4. On far right of screen, click Remove School
  5. Once removed from list of active schools, follow process outlined above to correctly add Prometric as Military
In Progress: 
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
CSM Learn

Philosophy 301

Glad you got that sorted out! Thanks for the detailed steps; I've added them to the wiki to hopefully assist other students in the future.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • GameSlinger

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 152 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 228 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 507 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  DSST can't insert school code when remote proctoring. Carnation 1 233 11-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Taking DSST Ethics In Technology Exam Tomorrow Kyler 0 481 07-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kyler
  I got a 71/100 on dsst ethics in tech practice Kyler 3 681 06-26-2023, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Kyler
  DSST Exam Prep Brittanyw1028 5 924 06-09-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Carnation
  DSST Exam Prep Brittanyw1028 0 879 06-08-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Brittanyw1028
Wink Has anyone here attempted the Geography DSST examination? Judy Stone 0 540 05-21-2023, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Judy Stone
  Instantcert Credit Transcript uncoolbilly 2 1,053 10-20-2022, 07:54 PM
Last Post: dfrecore