Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues
I served in the military and took several CLEP/DSST exams using military funding as well as personally funding a few after I got out of the service. My CLEP/DSST transcripts are only showing the ones that I've personally funded, and the military funded ones are showing on my military transcript. I applied to a new school, and their academic advising department is saying they will not accept the ones on my military transcript, and they have to be on the CLEP/DSST transcript for them to be accepted. I'm getting the run around from CLEP/DSST, and they say the credits are on the appropriate transcript. Is it possible to get these listed on the regular CLEP/DSST transcripts? I've never had this issue with any other school, and I don't want to pay to have to retake courses I've already passed. Anyone have any insight?

The school in question is Columbia Southern University.
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
Hmm, can't you order CLEP/DSST transcripts and have those sent directly to CSU instead of having your military transcript sent in?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-08-2024, 12:34 PM)defscarlett Wrote: I served in the military and took several CLEP/DSST exams using military funding as well as personally funding a few after I got out of the service. My CLEP/DSST transcripts are only showing the ones that I've personally funded, and the military funded ones are showing on my military transcript. I applied to a new school, and their academic advising department is saying they will not accept the ones on my military transcript, and they have to be on the CLEP/DSST transcript for them to be accepted. I'm getting the run around from CLEP/DSST, and they say the credits are on the appropriate transcript. Is it possible to get these listed on the regular CLEP/DSST transcripts? I've never had this issue with any other school, and I don't want to pay to have to retake courses I've already passed. Anyone have any insight?

I also had difficulties getting the DSST information correct. I spent some time with and figured it out. If you scroll down to the Ordering Transcripts as Military, you can see the path you most likely need to go through to get the transcripts to display correctly. Good luck.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/De...SST_Exams)
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision
(01-08-2024, 01:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, can't you order CLEP/DSST transcripts and have those sent directly to CSU instead of having your military transcript sent in?

That's what I did. Instead of showing all CLEP and DSST exams on their own transcript, they have them split on 2 transcripts, based on how I paid.
AAS in Environmental Safety & Security Technologies from TESC - Completed 2014
and BA Emergency & Disaster Mgmt at American Military University with a minor in Security Management - Completed

Completed:
FEMA: 20 credit hours, B&M: 33 credit hours, AARTS: 14 credit hours, certifications
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpret. Literature CLEP - 66, English Composition Modular CLEP - 58, American Government CLEP - 58, Social Sciences & History CLEP - 63
DSST: Intro to Computing DSST - 452
Straighterline: Business Ethics (88%), Criminal Justice (94%), World Religions (93%), Cultural Anthropology (92%), Intro to Sociology (94%)
TECEP: CIS 107, ENGL 102, PSY 270, BIO 208
(01-08-2024, 12:34 PM)defscarlett Wrote: I served in the military and took several CLEP/DSST exams using military funding as well as personally funding a few after I got out of the service. My CLEP/DSST transcripts are only showing the ones that I've personally funded, and the military funded ones are showing on my military transcript. I applied to a new school, and their academic advising department is saying they will not accept the ones on my military transcript, and they have to be on the CLEP/DSST transcript for them to be accepted. I'm getting the run around from CLEP/DSST, and they say the credits are on the appropriate transcript. Is it possible to get these listed on the regular CLEP/DSST transcripts? I've never had this issue with any other school, and I don't want to pay to have to retake courses I've already passed. Anyone have any insight?

Do you have a Joint Services Transcript (JST)?  https://jst.doded.mil/official.html

I completed many CLEP/DSST exams many years ago.  The results were immediately posted on  my Sailor-Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART). The SMART has been replaced by the  JST.
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charles Fout's post:
  • Dr_Chirp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 7 363 04-19-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 152 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 151 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP Economics marinereef 3 296 04-05-2024, 01:46 PM
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 228 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 552 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 931 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 593 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 763 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 487 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill