Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Exam Prep
I am going to be taking the DSST Exam Business Ethics and Society in July. I took it the first time and scored a 396.  Sad Has anyone taken that specific exam? What is the study material I need to focus on the most? Do they change the test every time you take it? If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. This is the last thing I have to pass to earn my degree.
(06-08-2023, 08:17 AM)Brittanyw1028 Wrote: I am going to be taking the DSST Exam Business Ethics and Society in July. I took it the first time and scored a 396.  Sad Has anyone taken that specific exam? What is the study material I need to focus on the most? Do they change the test every time you take it? If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. This is the last thing I have to pass to earn my degree.

The test will be different each time.

Generally, the formula for passing is:
1. Have a study guide and practice tests.  Peterson's or REA
2. Quizlets to drill vocabulary
3. Instantcert.com (for the flashcard system and inside test knowledge on subscriber-only forums)

Do all that, and your pass rate should be 90%+.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(06-08-2023, 09:06 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(06-08-2023, 08:17 AM)Brittanyw1028 Wrote: I am going to be taking the DSST Exam Business Ethics and Society in July. I took it the first time and scored a 396.  Sad Has anyone taken that specific exam? What is the study material I need to focus on the most? Do they change the test every time you take it? If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. This is the last thing I have to pass to earn my degree.

The test will be different each time.

Generally, the formula for passing is:
1. Have a study guide and practice tests.  Peterson's or REA
2. Quizlets to drill vocabulary
3. Instantcert.com (for the flashcard system and inside test knowledge on subscriber-only forums)

Do all that, and your pass rate should be 90%+.
 I have heard of peterson's. I'm not familiar with REA. Can you let me know what that is?

They take questions from a test bank (probably 500 questions) so each exam will be different than any other exam.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-08-2023, 10:27 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

They take questions from a test bank (probably 500 questions) so each exam will be different than any other exam.
Have you taken the exam or know of someone that has? I thought I found a good study resource, but I wasn't successful with the exam. Maybe give me some good study sites that could be useful in helping me pass.
The Fact Sheet usually has recommended books and you usually can find a slightly older version from your library or used online.
My son passed every DSST exam he has taken and he always read at least one of the recommended books as study material.

The Fact Sheet on GetCollegeCredit.com lists the following materials:
Sources for study material are suggested but not limited to the following:
1. Ethics and the Conduct of Business, John Raymond Boatright, 8th Edition, Pearson (2017)
2. Business and Society - Ethics, Sustainability, and Stakeholder Management, Carroll and Bucholtz ,
(2018) 10th edition, Cengage Learning
3. Introduction to Business Ethics, DesJardins, Joseph, McGraw-Hill Higher Education, 6th edition, 2020

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 228 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 506 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Help - how to register for TECEP exam? Carnation 4 376 11-23-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Carnation
  How to start the actual TECEP exam aperantosbias 2 383 11-10-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: aperantosbias
  DSST can't insert school code when remote proctoring. Carnation 1 231 11-01-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Clep exam guides naturaloscar1@gmail.com 6 706 09-29-2023, 09:56 AM
  French CLEP Exam Resources bonesmite 1 460 09-12-2023, 04:12 AM
  DSST Transcript help needed GameSlinger 5 888 08-15-2023, 02:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Taking DSST Ethics In Technology Exam Tomorrow Kyler 0 480 07-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kyler
  I got a 71/100 on dsst ethics in tech practice Kyler 3 680 06-26-2023, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Kyler