Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Course order to start with Sophia
Hello
My brother(16) and I are going to start Sophia today and we were wondering if there is a suggested course order for us newbies. 
What courses would you recommend that we start with? 
We would like to maximize our $40 month.
Thanks!
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
My twin boys started with Ancient Greek Philosophers. Then they did Sociology and Psychology. But, really, do whichever interests you and focus on the courses without papers for now. Good Luck!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

If you want an easy intro, take one of the 1-credit courses so that you can get a feel for how it all works. Other than that, order doesn't really matter. Consult the Sophia page on the wiki to see the handful of courses that you may want to take together instead of at random.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Here's the wiki page that was mentioned https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...rning,_LLC
or at least it's one of them. this might be useful https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List

We started with one of the 1 credit courses (Developing Effective Teams) to get a feel for the course. Took Ancient Greek Philosophers before it has a Touchstone (written assignment).
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

At $40/month special ending tomorrow, I would use that month for an "all you can eat" intro courses and courses that are 1 credit/easier on the side, has less assignments, etc or just more interesting for you. Then use subsequent months to take courses that are longer or requires more assignments, that's because you would "know" more on the inner workings on how the courses work. My only tip is to get a second monitor for multi-tasking, as you can have a screen for the exam/quizzes, and another screen for the PDF/course materials.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would choose courses with the fewest assignments, so as not to slow you down.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia.org done but now what? WGU or? ItsmeMarioo 2 307 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Trying for Excelsior criminal justice with transfer credits and using Sophia mikefrank113 0 187 08-30-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: mikefrank113
  UMPI Yourpace Degree help - BLS Educational Studies - Sophia Learning Podcastillo 5 482 07-11-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  6 Weeks left at Sophia - Do I need anything else for Accounting flamewerks 1 338 06-22-2024, 09:38 AM
  Closest to Graphic Design A.A.S using sophia and pierpont ajmatt 2 356 06-06-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ajmatt
  Where to even start, as an int'll student? cookernetes 2 384 06-03-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Leedeedee
  question on Ohio University accepting Sophia credits EducationSeeker 5 654 04-25-2024, 10:06 AM
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 860 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Hello, what can I do to start something and or what degree can I learn about Kirahanderson 1 358 02-12-2024, 08:05 PM
  Meeting Pierpont requirements with Sophia? Insert Name 2 786 02-18-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: Insert Name