Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sophia.org done but now what? WGU or?
Hi friends. First time poster. Think I found a link from someone on Reddit. 

Edit: 

Your Location: Tucson, AZ 
Your Age: 43
What kind of degree do you want?: BA or BS
Current Regional Accredited Credits: Sophia.org only. 22 courses completed. 
Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 3 credits from a European AA. Marketing Management 
Any certifications or military experience?: N/A
Budget: I have a max of $10K saved up.  I'd like to go the cheapest route possible, but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: Honestly, just kids/spouse and my pets. I currently work full time and can work on my studies part time or in the evenings/weekends.
Dedicated time to study: Weekend is game on! Summers are open as well. 
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within 1-1.5 years (12-18 months)

Anyway, I started my Sophia journey in Feb and have now 94% left of my final course at Sophia. My plan was do the BS Supply Chain at WGU but trying to see if I have other or better options. 

I'm 43 years old and have a family and a full-time job. I have worked in international import and export so know my way around that. - hence the Supply Chain choice. 

However, the new proctoring system at WGU kind of is a deterrent right now and also the fact that English is my 2nd language so I'm not super confident with proctored exams. 

Can you suggest something else for me? I have only looked at WGU. I really liked the self paced idea and being able to graduate in less than a years seems pretty awesome. 

Any BS in Business is useful for me.
(08-31-2024, 12:01 PM)ItsmeMarioo Wrote: Any BS in Business is useful for me.
If BA instead of BS is ok, then UMPI.

@ItsmeMarioo - Welcome to the board, I've updated your title to reflect the correct webpage, as it's Sophia.org and not Sophia.com... It's great you're asking questions and providing a few sentences of information. However, it's best to fill in the addendum and template to provide a better, bigger, overall picture of your scenario. Please update this post or create a reply with the information asked for here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

When you mentioned you're at 94% of your final class with Sophia.org, we don't know if that's the 5th class, 25th class or anything in between. Nor do we know your budget, study habits, etc. With more details, we'll be able to help you out further and provide advice that is much more concrete than giving you a short answer. Help us help you better by doing that addendum and template above.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying for Excelsior criminal justice with transfer credits and using Sophia mikefrank113 0 178 08-30-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: mikefrank113
  UMPI Yourpace Degree help - BLS Educational Studies - Sophia Learning Podcastillo 5 457 07-11-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  6 Weeks left at Sophia - Do I need anything else for Accounting flamewerks 1 314 06-22-2024, 09:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Closest to Graphic Design A.A.S using sophia and pierpont ajmatt 2 344 06-06-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ajmatt
  question on Ohio University accepting Sophia credits EducationSeeker 5 633 04-25-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Racking up Sophia Credits - What's Next? Ljanelle 5 825 03-17-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Meeting Pierpont requirements with Sophia? Insert Name 2 774 02-18-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Sophia.org & Study.com Question T.Easy 5 1,114 10-30-2022, 07:15 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI History Degree- Need Sophia clarity MamaSparkles 8 1,364 07-04-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Professional Business Requirements Study.com/Sophia Equivalent Help Mcflurry 20 2,457 03-23-2022, 03:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore