Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question on Ohio University accepting Sophia credits
My younger son is a High School Junior and looking to get dual enrollment credit High School/University credit before he either goes to a traditional University program or an online program. He is going through an Aircraft Maintenance program his last 2 years of High School and will be able to get his A&P maintenance certificate. I believe he can transfer this A&P certificate for 45 credits into an Associates program. He is looking at an aviation/aeronautical engineering program. 

For traditional universities, he is looking at Embry Riddle, Ohio State, Eastern New Mexico, Middle Georgia State University, and Kent State University (online program) for Aviation Maintenance. One option would be to work full time and then take an online program. Another option would be to attend school full time and get his Bachelor's degree. He is looking at the Ohio Air National Guard as they will pay 100% of tuition.

Regarding getting Sophia credit, does anyone know if Ohio University will accept Sophia.org credits? I did not see Ohio Univ listed on the partner pages so I planned on calling or emailing OU Admissions to confirm they will take Sophia. I believe they will take Straighterline and CLEP. Most of the traditional community colleges in Ohio are more expensive now being $180 or more for in state residents so we are looking for cheap credit sources like Sophia or CLEP if he doesn't make the deadline for the 2024-2025 school year through Kent State.

Thanks,

EducationSeeker
Yes, you should email and speak with someone... I just went to Sophia.org and did a search for Ohio University and it came up with this: Ohio University
Sophia has sent transcripts to Ohio University for review. Contact your registrar or advisor to see if a Sophia course will transfer for college-level credit.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
> Ohio University
> Sophia has sent transcripts to Ohio University for review.

LOL, I bet sophia has sent credits to LOTS of universities for review
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • Vle045
(04-23-2024, 10:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, you should email and speak with someone... I just went to Sophia.org and did a search for Ohio University and it came up with this:  Ohio University
Sophia has sent transcripts to Ohio University for review. Contact your registrar or advisor to see if a Sophia course will transfer for college-level credit.

I doubt they accept them, most large state schools don't. That message is the generic response nearly every school gets.

Most schools have clear guidelines on their admission page delineating what they accept.
(04-24-2024, 04:38 PM)Duneranger Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 10:35 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, you should email and speak with someone... I just went to Sophia.org and did a search for Ohio University and it came up with this:  Ohio University

I doubt they accept them, most large state schools don't. That message is the generic response nearly every school gets.

Most schools have clear guidelines on their admission page delineating what they accept.

@bjcheung77

It looks like CLEP/DANTES/online Community College/Straighter Line/or Study.com (potential dual enrollment/after he finishes High School) will have to be the option if he chooses to work full time and school part time until he is 20 if he selects UMPI. He doesn't want to take a class only to not have it transfer.  OU lists the CLEP credits that will transfer to full Gen Ed requirements. 

https://www.ohio.edu/admissions/transfer-credits/credit-examination/college-level-examination-program-clep

Thanks,

EducationSeeker
If you have confirmation from Ohio University, then go ahead with what he would like to study most. Take classes he can't exam with CLEP for example. You can basically get all of first year and second year done with CLEP and all that they accept... Try to get the max alternative credit for transfer, then complete the residency requirements.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying for Excelsior criminal justice with transfer credits and using Sophia mikefrank113 2 270 10-12-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Request for Advice on Selecting a University for My Bachelor's Degree Evoluvin 11 733 09-29-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Evoluvin
  HELP!!!!!! Old Transfer Credits Kimbap 3 264 09-11-2024, 02:35 PM
  Sophia.org done but now what? WGU or? ItsmeMarioo 2 388 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
  Need help finding a graduate program that will take really old TV Production Credits lisarox 24 2,536 08-23-2024, 01:12 PM
Last Post: wow
  Help - Math Credits for TESU Frederico.Sandoval 2 211 08-21-2024, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Frederico.Sandoval
  UMPI Yourpace Degree help - BLS Educational Studies - Sophia Learning Podcastillo 5 532 07-11-2024, 01:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  6 Weeks left at Sophia - Do I need anything else for Accounting flamewerks 1 362 06-22-2024, 09:38 AM
  Advice on UMPI plan and transfer credits before jumping in dhiness 6 719 06-15-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: dhiness
  I dropped out of Engineering school last year with over 100 credits, now what? Elephent 5 627 06-10-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: davewill