Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sophia Scores, Speed, and Transferring to UMPI
@colonelcamp, there are many things an employer, institution, etc would look at, but the date of completing a transfer course shouldn't be one of them. Here's an example, many people complete 30 CLEP credits in a few months, up to 60 credits or more a year, people would only look at that as transfer credit, they don't really care if it was in 30 days or 30 months for these as long as it transfers.

You're putting too much emphasis on what can go wrong... Transcripts are just that, it shows you've transferred the credit in, they don't know how much time you've spent on it, you could have chosen to do all Sophia.org in a few months, but decided to do the final exam in 1 day for X classes, it won't matter, you get the credit as long as that credit is accepted for transfer... Keep up the good work!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • colonelcamp, Darknigh7, LevelUP
A completely traditional college student can get 15 semester hours of coursework posted as completed on one day, the end date of the semester.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • colonelcamp, LevelUP
One of the nice things about Sophia is that you can print out the PDFs of the course to review later to refresh your memory.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • colonelcamp, Pikachu
Thx guys. You've all eliminated my worry. Great points!

This forum is amazing!
[-] The following 2 users Like colonelcamp's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, LevelUP
I found this thread via search, and just want to make sure I understand. Do I need to take any special steps when submitting Sophia transcripts to UMPI to avoid scores below 100% not transferring? That is, do I need to move them to Credly, and then from Credly to UMPI? Or is this automatic in the process of submitting transcripts from Sophia to UMPI? Thanks!
If you've set up your Credly account with the same email address, the badge will be issued to Credly automatically. You may have to accept the first one and click "accept automatically."

You should submit the Credly transcript to UMPI. You need 70% overall to pass a class - doesn't really matter if you get 70, 99 or 100 as far as UMPI is concerned. Sophia courses are listed as "T" (transfer) or "CR" (credits) and do not affect your GPA at UMPI.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Or...ranscripts
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jg_nuy's post:
  • Kjnova
Basically, It goes like this, Sophia.org > Credly > UMPI... If you need extra assistance with this, review what was in my posts #2, 5, 8 and 11...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BA History at UMPI course requirements majic29 9 673 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI English Composition I Old Guy 4 174 Yesterday, 02:10 PM
Last Post: RJ77
Information UMPI Cost Increase to $1700 Per 8 Week Session Ares 0 154 09-14-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Do I need to retake my sophia courses for a better grade? whereismyramen 2 127 09-14-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 123 91,055 09-13-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: manyoptions4me
  NEW UMPI UNDERGRADS -- USE THE DRAFTS ashkir 35 18,462 09-13-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: DavidGood
  How to send Duolingo results to UMPI Solden81 4 265 09-12-2024, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 19 1,225 09-12-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AirborneAgent
  Seeking Academic Writing Resources for UMPI BAS Degree garveymoshe 2 136 09-11-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 4 214 09-11-2024, 10:05 AM
Last Post: ss20ts